Wood Elves

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Wood Elves

Post by Smurf »

May be for LRB7

Remove the treeman!

Yeah, sounds like a grenade thrown in here.

Wood Elves no longer have a big guy just like the rest of the Elves as we are all too hoight toighty to play with tree things that don't do much.

Reason: ''
The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Wood Elves

Post by Steam Ball »

Just removing and not giving them something else? So why remove then? If it was a 1-X position, OK, but it is a 0-1, nobody if forced to pick it. OTOH, maybe some make good use of it, and if not, you can kick them for wasting TR on it.

So please explain the reasons (summer, bored and trolling? :) ), I'm lost about this. Fluff? Being kicked all the time by wood elfs with treeman? :wink:

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

The other elves get ST3 catchers instead. If I was a WElf coach I'd rather have the four ST3 catchers than a single tree.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Meh. Okay. Wood Elves are a little too good even without the Tree, but I like the flavor he adds.

I'd rather see 0-2 Catchers.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

the treeman is crap. woodies are better without planting pines in the midle of the pitch!
:smoking:

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Want rid of the Treeman? Fine, then make the catchers Mv9 again.

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

I have played WEs for a long time... never used the tree. Don't see the point apart from scrimmage bash.

Scoring with the tree would be fun...Move 2... 7 turns of constand movement! You can do it. With some GFIs he could do it in... 3-4 turns (he may get lucky with a push:))

Seen people use a tree against me... we'll be just over here, ok you are staying there, nevermind we will play over here... away from you.

IMO sack the tree, it's all to WHFB for my liking. Or give the Tree access to mutations and that would be cool. Tentacles, claws, very long legs.

Otherwise the tree is boring... real naff like

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I agree that it seems unnecessary and I like the argument that none of the other elf teams have "big guys" so why should the Wood Elves. My OCD comprehends that.

But ultimately I think Slater's right, he adds flavor. And that is important too.

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

I think mv8 st2 catchers are fine. You can smack them down with realive ease.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

the treeman adds very little to the team except a huge TV increase. They probably are better off without him in any leagues that have CPOMB teams, however he is fun so why get rid?

graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by graeme27uk »

As previously said you don't HAVE to take a treeman. It adds something different to any other elf team so I don't see the problem. If you remove him don't you run the risk of just standardising elf teams?

He isn't that great but its nice to have an option for an elf team with a big guy IF people wanted to do that.

harroguk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harroguk »

Aren't the Wardancers the thing that makes a Wood Elf Team Unique? ;)

Commisioner (Retired) of - DBBL in Daventry
graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by graeme27uk »

harroguk wrote:Aren't the Wardancers the thing that makes a Wood Elf Team Unique? ;)
True, but every elf has the potential to become a wardancer. They can all access the skills.

No elf can become a treeman. So in that sense Treemen do make the team unique. No other elf team has big guys.