Orcs and Goblins

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Texasaggie
Rookie
Rookie

Orcs and Goblins

Post by Texasaggie »

After carefully thinking about the subject for a solid 15 minutes, I decided like many other coaches i don't necessarily like the inclusion of goblins on the orc team. At the same time i like the fact that it can potentially open up more of a passing game for them so i was wondering what people here thought of this idea that has almost 0 chance of happening. First the Orc team would be redone like this

Linemen 0-16
Blitzer 0-4
Black Orc 0-4
Thrower 0-2

Now losing the goblins wont have too big of an effect on the team but losing the troll as well probably will. I leave it up to the forum to help decide what the orcs would gain in this particular instance to help balance it out. (maybe a true catcher 6338 catch GA/SP, maybe keep the troll, maybe add a skill to one of the existing pieces with a cost increase although whatever is done i would like no more than 10 total positionals)

In addition a new team would be added modeled after Underworld and the Pact, they would be named the Greenskins due to the incredible originality of the name.

Green Skins
Goblin 0-16
Orc Blitzer 0-2
Orc Linemen either 0-2 or 0-4
Orc thrower 0-2
Troll 0-1

The numbers for each piece may be a little high if linemen are 0-4 as a fully developed team would probably only have 2 goblins on the pitch. Obviously it looks alot like the underworld team just with orcs instead of skaven. I think it would create a very different game-play than underworld and allow the orc team to be more orcy. The Orc linemen probably would be set at 0-2 to create more synergy with the underworld team but i believe the lack of mutation access justifies the 0-4. Also could flip the Linemen and Goblins making the Gob's positionals like the real orc team. Biggest problem with this team is it feels so similar to the Human team right now.

Longterm I'm probably going to try to think of more mixed race teams i feel would be usable. Fluffwise in my mind they would be teams formed in areas where both races are prevalent to try and get an upper hand in the local leagues. (A new coach of a stuggling orc team in a local orc team approaches a group of goblins to join the team the black orcs are so disgusted that they quit the team. The agility the goblins provide along with the suprise competing coaches had lead to the team not only increasing its following with its exciting style but had it qualify for the "championship" league for the first time ever. Now other orc teams that are low on funds are replacing their expensive black orcs with the cheap goblins to try and mimic their success.) Ideally these teams would be worse then their "parent" teams (unless a parent is tier 3) but provide variety that the other teams can't.

Reason: ''
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Re: Orcs and Goblins

Post by Smurf »

I like the idea that orcs can field all the positions and IIRC only have one slot left for the humble Line orc.

Maybe if you saw an orc team with:

4 - Black orcs
4 - Blitzers
4 - Gobblins
2 - Throwers
1 - Troll
1 - Line orc (affectionately known as 'Token')

If I was playing an orc I would do that for a laugh!

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I’ve always thought no tier 1 team should have access to TTM unless it involves stars. Ideally the goblins should go as that would mean Orcs couldn't benefit from the right stuff chanegs if they were ever brought in.

Orcs just seem too good to me and I think they should lose either the goblins or troll, losing both makes them a tad dull though. The other option would be reducing Black orcs and/or Blitzers to 0-2 or increasing Blitzers to 90K.

As for the Greenskins team, they look reasonably interesting. Linemen should be -0-2 for sure and how about giving the whole team animosity? It is the racial characteristic Greenskins have had for the 22 years I’ve been played fantasy and seems silly that they don’t have it whilst other teams do.

Could you also do a tree huggers team with?:

0-1 Treeman
0-2 Human Blitzers
0-2 Human Linemen
0-2 Human thowers
0-16 Halflings

Or is that too bland?

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Texasaggie
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Texasaggie »

I don't think the treehuggers are too bland I thought about a similar team but couldn't decide between wood elves or humans.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I would accept the loss of the goblins as spubbbba makes a very good point. It's not a very Orcy thing to field them anyway. The troll has to stay though.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Orcs without Goblins is fine. So long as there's a roster with both, it doesn't have to be the Orc roster.

Greenskin Pact
0-16 Goblin
0-4 Lineman w/Animosity
0-2 Thrower w/Animosity
0-2 Blitzer w/Animosity
0-1 Troll
70k TRR
Stars: Bommer, Urgoth, Nobbla (2 Saws!), Scrappa, Ripper, Morg.

Likey? I think the 0-9 positionals on the Greenskin Pact are a nice way to make up for the loss of M access relative to Underworld Pact. If you want to see a stuntier roster...

Greenskin Pact v2
0-16 Goblin
0-1 Goblin Bomber
0-1 Goblin Looney
0-2 Lineman w/Animosity
0-2 Thrower w/Animosity
0-2 Blitzer w/Animosity
0-1 Troll
70k TRR
Stars: Bommer, Fungus, Urgoth, Scrappa, Ripper, Morg.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Long_Bomb
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Long_Bomb »

I would like to see the Orc team ditch Goblins from the roster but keep the Troll. I think some rookie coaches suffer from the fact that Goblins are on the roster as they tend to include them in the team but not know how to use them. I've seen alot of coaches try sending the lone Goblin down field whilst they cage-up only to lose him very quickly and play the rest of the drive with only ten players. Experienced coaches I don't think need the extra options and what self respecting Orc would pass the ball to a Goblin anyway.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I don't know... The orcs to me are all about glory, and I could see them without having a troll at all. To make up for this I could see the Black Orcs being better.

0-16 Orc - 5/3/3/9 - 50K
0-2 Thrower - 5/3/3/8 Sure Hands, Pass - 70K
0-4 Blitzers - 6/3/3/9 Block, - 80K
0-4 Black Orcs - 5/4/2/9 - Thick Skull - 100K

Rerolls - 60K

Lamanzer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lamanzer »

1) In our league there were:

Orcs team:
Linemen 0-16
Blitzer 0-4
Black Orc 0-4
Thrower 0-2

and

Green Skins:
Goblin 0-16
Orc Blitzer 0-2
Orc Linemen 0-16
Black Orc 0-4
Troll 0-1

and it has working fine.

2) For the next one we will test another thing: all teams must have at least 6 Linemen on the roster sheet. :wink:

[url=http://pagesperso-orange.fr/akc/bbindex.htm]Ligue Centrale de Blood Bowl[/url]
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Orcs should just lose the Gobbos. Orcs are too good as is, they'd still be amazing without the Goblins and other teams - Goblins and Underworld - would become more unique. I also agree with those that have said allowing a high Tier-1 team the TTM option is just stupid.

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
betterZthenDeaD
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by betterZthenDeaD »

I know a few Orc coaches who won't even entertain the idea of taking a Troll, nevermind Goblins! I've not played Orcs (yet!) but when I do I'll take Gobbos and Trolls more for the comedy value than anything else!
SunDevil wrote:Orcs should just lose the Gobbos. Orcs are too good as is, they'd still be amazing without the Goblins and other teams - Goblins and Underworld - would become more unique. I also agree with those that have said allowing a high Tier-1 team the TTM option is just stupid.
I'm surprised at you Chance! I'd thought you'd want Gobbos available on every team! :orc:

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Lamanzer wrote: 2) For the next one we will test another thing: all teams must have at least 6 Linemen on the roster sheet. :wink:
This will benefit a certain team way more than anyone else, particularly as they have lino's better than most positionals. I think we know who I am talking about.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Clearly you mean Amazons.

Moving on though I do like the idea of different teams. Hell I'd like teams that matched the second ed figs, then 3rd ed ones and newer ones etc. I would like a large number of different teams in the game. How about 40 or so? :)

So 'pro' Orc running/bashing team
All Orc. Blitzers, black orcs, no thrower instead a runner (move 6, sure hands), 50k re-rolls as they are the pros. Would be an Ogre for the big guy as more reliable than the troll and these guys are of course serious.
0-16 Linemen
0-4 Blitzers
0-4 Black Orcs
0-2 Runners
0-1 Ogre

Greenskins team
Goblins as linemen. No black orcs. 0-2 Blitzers, 0-2 savage orc frenzy chaps, 0-2 throwers, 0-4 linemen, Troll. Re-rolls 60 or even 70k as after all try getting them to train.
0-16 Goblins
0-4 Linemen
0-2 Blitzers
0-2 Savage Orcs
0-2 Throwers
0-1 Troll