Classic rosters.

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Just to clarify:
"I really think it would be a mistake to pull out the cost formula for the teams ... just develop them like they were a team that I developed in BB2k1 from a bunch of rookies that will IMO give you the best result."
Inclusive of existing current Stars? So for example, Varag would cost 80k and have 5 skill rolls, making him a Super-Star with (using the lower limit)76 SPP's, contributing a total of (80/10)+(76/5)= 8 + 15 = 23 towards TR.
Griff 90K, 7 skill rolls, Legend, 176SPPs= (90/10)+(176/5)= 9 + 35 = 44 towards TR.

Agreed about the html format, definately the best way.
Galak: Do you have 2e to current conversions of all the stars necessary for the 8 teams?

Edited because I managed to screw up some pretty basic maths!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathwing on 2002-02-07 20:37 ]</font>

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Yeah, let's try it as if you developed the player and see what the team looks like ... and yes I do have the stars from all 8 teams already converted ... can we agree in Advance that Hubris will not be a spellcaster so as to keep the rules simple ... (ie something that if someone wanted to take the effort could be submitted to Citadel Journal with a prayer of being accepted ... the one Magic Helmet already pushes this limit).

Anyway, I'll work up the Champions Roster tonight and you can see if you like where I see this going.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

This does means that Varag will add 23 points to TR and Griff will add 44 points, but this will be more true to the team than just using formula costs since these are not freebooted stars for this team, but actual team members ... will it mean that these teams have TR in the upper ceiling ... oh yeah ... but we are talking about some of the most famous teams of all time here. I could believe TR 400 to 500 for these teams.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Yep, no spellcasting! I prefer the second interpretation of Hubris on the other thread.

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Galak:

the TR you've mentioned are in your last topic sounds me normal. I remind seeing it somewhere, but i don't know where (mayb in 2nd edition rulebook).

I have BB 2nd edition harcover stars and COmpanion, I may try to work before the end of the week on Elfheim Eagles, with your guideline book (Valen, Valen !!!!). It sounds to me like a great idea...

But who will be in charge of underworld creepers :wink: ???

Just a last word to tell you I'm still interested in your proposition (some minis :wink: ). I may use 2 sort of ways of payment (I will send you an email tomorrow).

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Okay set up the web site for this project ... did a full roster for the Champions of Death (feel free to comment about changes you need) .... also set up the roster for the Reavers ... but didn't fill out the miscellanous skills for the other players ... also something I'm not sure you'll all agree with ... instead of grabbing the current version of the stars ... I translated their stats so that you get more of the feel of the roster from 2nd edition.

Here is the link:
http://www.midgardbb.com/OtherTeams/Cha ... ofOld.html

Galak

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Anyone interested in doing some playtesting via PBeM?

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

What about squeleton catcher in Champions o Death ?
Ramtut III is not as good as I imagine him

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Are you sure of the experience points of Griff because he seems to have many more TD.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Trambi had 3 questions:

1) What about the skeleton catcher ... the team has two: #5 Rigor Mortis and #6 Cain.

2) Ramtut the III isn't as good as you imaged ... in 2E Ramtut was a normal mummy with the following differences: +3 MA, +1 ST, Block (level 3), +1 level of Toughess.
Which means you are correct that I need to tweak him ... I updated him from my old notes (whereas I started from afresh with the Reavers) ... you are correct that Ramtut needs a boost ... Block 3 = Block AND Tackle and I'm missing a point of MA as +3 = +2 MA and Sprint ... I'll make those changes right away.

3) Are Griff's SPPs correct ... we just needed to fudge SPPs to get to 176 ... but to get there I started by pulling his stats from the 2E manual ... 13 career Touchdowns, 45 Interceptions, 2 Casualties.

I'll get Ramtut the III extra two stats into place.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Block level 3= Block/Multiple Block rather than Block/Tackle? Just a thought.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

"If you need me to walk through the 2E to BB2k1 translation so you can decide some of this stuff yourself let me know."

Galak: It'd be helpful for all if could post that up on this thread, plus if you could post your take on Garbage Throttlesnot and Split Tendoncutter, I'll get a rough draft of The Underworld Creepers underway. Thanks.

Trambi

Post by Trambi »

Would rather Block,tackle,Multiple Block :wink:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Block 3 could be either Block/Tackle or Block/MBlock .... in this case I agree that MBlock is a better representive.

Galak

Okay Garbage and Split:
Garbage is a lose translation .. because he should probably be ST 1 and AV 6... but then he's not very star quality is he ... so we take some liberities with his ST and AV. If we ignore his ST and AV problems, Garbage had the following over a normal goblin ... +1 SP (MA), Catch (level 3), Heroic Leap, Right Stuff, +1 AG, and +2 to CL.

Now in 2E AG was actually used mostly for Dodging not ball handling (CL and TS were the main ball handling stats) ... so +1 AG/+2 CL = +1 AG, Dodge, and Catch. That then leaves us with Catch (level 3) and Heroic Leap. Catch L3 = Diving Catch and IMO Nerves of Steel ... okay Heroic Leap would normally mean Diving Catch, but we already used that for Catch L3 ... so in this case I'd go with Sprint and Pass Block.

Thus for Garbage Throttlesnot I get:
7/2/4/7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Catch, Diving Catch, Nerves of Steel, Sprint, Pass Block .... 176 SPPs

As you can tell from the above this is more an art like painting then a pull and go formula translation.

Split on the other hand is easy ... he's a Storm Vermin with +1 SP (+1 MA or Sprint), Dodge, Leap, Luck (Pro), and Sure Hands so his translation:
Split Tendoncutter
8/3/3/8 Block, Dodge, Leap, Pro, Sure Hands ... 76 SPPs

Other Creeper notes:

1) Any Goblin Catcher's baseline stats would be 7/2/4/7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Catch (then add 1 skill for Experienced or 2 for Veteran).
2) Skaven Blitzer = Storm Vermin .... Goblin Lineman = normal Goblin
3) 'Race' O'Bunyon (lineman) = 6/3/3/7 Kick, Hail Mary Pass (2 skills, Aging MA -1)
4) 'Fat' Brainsplatter (lineman) = 6/5/2/8 Spikes, Thick Skull, +2 ST (4 skills, Aging -1 AG and -1 MA)

I think that is everything.

Galak

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

dont forget that Ramtut has killed 9 172 players...