Modified winning's roll (Short league format)

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Glowworm

Modified winning's roll (Short league format)

Post by Glowworm »

Just posted this on the Swindon Bloodbowl website, wondered if its been discussed here and what peoples thoughts / suggestions are....

the basic problem.......(Steve was playing Necro)
StevenB wrote:
I'd probably take a different starting roster and maybe take a golem at the start and not both ghouls.

I've had problems protecting the ghouls from attrition, and have not won much money at all in the last 3 games... golem no. 2 is still a long way off....
Been thinking about this, (busy at work) sometimes the player who rolls the last die best (winnings) is more successful than the match winner (loser rolls 5 and has FAME = 60k, winner rolls 2, re-rolls 1 =20K) and in a short league thats a problem. Steve has had some terrible winnings Iirc and has suffered for it, yes, journeymen and inducements compensate but maybe we could:

A: change the winnings roll to a structured scale, So each team is graded (here's the difficult bit) into 1 of 3 catagories based on basic lineman cost (0-16 or 0-12 positional before someone corrects me)

Grade 1 Lino's 40K or less 10K + D3 (+10K for winning) (yes undead would get rich quickly...whats new?)
Grade 2 Lino's 50-60K 20K +D3 (+10K for winning)
Grade 3 Lino's 70K + (Elves then) 30K +D3 (+10K for winning)
(Winner in each case gets to re-roll D3 if he wishes)

Maybe there's another way to group teams,

B: Maybe certain team (W/Elves, Pro-elf, Maybe Necro and Slann) should get D3+30K additional gold to start.

The 1 Mil build has always been for either 1 off games or long league play, we fall somewhere in the middle

This is all just very rough theoryball and may need adjusting, but would give our (Very short) league a considerable boost early one, of course journeymen would still be available but it would mean getting positionals much faster.

Comments and suggestions please, has anyone on TFF tried something similar ? if so how did it work? (& work out?)

if there's interest on Swindon BB Ill try and look at the groupings to make sure its fair. It may encourage some people to take more "fringe" teams like Slann

(i did search here and didnt find it discussed altho my search-foo is weak 8) )

As i said, its very basic however in our short league (7 games) Steve's bad dice rolls early on have cost him even tho he's been winning matches

Reason: ''
mattwhile
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Modified winning's roll (Short league format)

Post by mattwhile »

You could double your winnings each game to enable faster team development (in terms of players), or start with a higher tv at the beginning to enable bigger squads. Giving certain teams bonuses is a bad path to tread (unless it's stunties of course :wink: ), as some people will think certain teams need extra and others would have a different view.

mattski
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mattski »

Fixed team rating , eliminate money altogether and let the best coach and team manager win.

Carpe Diem
Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

we changed it from D6 to 2xD3 (winner can reroll one D3).

- Piousman