Cathay

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Cake or Death?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 am

Cake.
54%
Death.
46%

Total votes: 13

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Cathay

Post by legowarrior »

I shall start with the Cathay - the mysterious man of the orient. A fierce empire of men and the heavens, this team is slow and steady, but benefits from the passing game, at least that is what I imagine this team would be all about. I believe it would be team of unexceptional ism, like the humans, but with an emphasis on discipline and good equipment. Anyway, take a look.

0-16 Linesmen - 5/3/3/8 - Nerves of Steel, G/ASP - 50k
0-2 Throwers - 5/3/3/8 - Nerves of Steel, Pass, GP/AS - 60k
0-2 Catchers - 6/3/3/8 - Nerves of Steel, Catch, GA/SP - 80K
0-4 Blitzers - 5/3/3/9 - Nerves of Steel, Block, GS/AP - 90K
0-2 Monks - 6/3/4/7 - Dauntess, Dodge, Thick Skull GA/SP - 100K

As you can see, for the Linesmen and Catchers, I've price Nerves of Steel at 10K, while for the Throwers and blitzers, it is priced at 20K. This is in part because I want people to be able to afford the catchers and because Nerves of Steel isn't that great on the Linesmen. The blitzers will be able to make use of it if they can knock the ball out of someone hands.

Monks, with dauntless, are my shot at creating a agility based basher (without giving them block or wrestle). With there low speed, I hoped to make the Catchers the more natural ball handlers and to make the Monks a skirmishing position and for hitting the ball carrier.
There are no big guys on the team, because I wanted to emphasis the team work aspect of it. Instead of hitting your wait out of a situation with your ogre or troll, you might consider passing the ball around it, and maybe after that, run through with your blitzers and monks.

Anyway, I'll update as I can. All comments and ideas are welcome.
Special thanks to mattgslater for the idea of NoS spam on a team.

Edited: Altered a lot of things.

Reason: ''
neverworking
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cathay

Post by neverworking »

I don't really find NOS that great of a skill under the best of circumstances, and I'm not sure spamming it makes for an interesting team.

The lineman and throwers generally seem worse than the human team. The human blitzer is already debatably overpriced, and this one seems inferior. The boost in the catchers strength and the fact that NOS can potentially be more useful to him makes him one of the few translated positions that may be better. That really leaves me hoping the Monks somehow are enough more interesting than an ogre to make me want to opt for this team. Ag 4 is quite appealing and I suppose the way you'd run this offense is to carry it with them for a bit and possibly hand off to a catcher for the score. The monks are probably the one player I might actually want NOS on out of the box.

On the whole, the team looks too slow to really excel in the passing game. In the end, I think my biggest problem is spammed NOS seems neither interesting nor strategy making.

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

I like this team but agree that the Thrower is overpriced/worse than the standard human Thrower. NOS is an interesting spam skill as it leaves a lot of options for hand off/pass plays.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Faster throwers perhaps?