Changes to zons

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Changes to zons

Post by garion »

What do people think to this roster for zons -

4 Blockers 6 3 3 8 Dodge Stand Firm, G, S 100k
4 Catchers 8 3 3 7 Catch A, G 80k
2 Throwers 6 3 3 7 Dodge, Pass, Strong Arm G, P 80k
16 Linewomen 6 3 3 7 Dodge G, A 50k

For those that do not know what this is for, check the fumbbl lrb7 thread in house rules, section.

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Re: Changes to zons

Post by voyagers_uk »

Blitzers without block?

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Blitzers need block, imo. Block/sidestep has already been done, so perhaps block/fend?
Catchers are cheap. 6338 no skills is 50k, so 8338 with 1 skill should be 100k, iirc (lost Galak's team-making guide :( - they aren't an "agile" AG4 player but a stock one, so can't be compared to elves under that guide)
Throwers are REALLY cheap. 6338 no skills is 50k, so 6337 with 3 skills should be (I think) 90k.

garion

Post by garion »

okay, change their name to blockers ;)
yup sorry, the pricing is wrong, i meant to change that. although I would make the catchers 90k and throwers 80k
Because the catchers, shouldnt be the same price as High Elf ones, with one less Ag.

My thinking -
Zons and nose are the two most comparable races. One got all block, one got all dodge, however the zons, got block on 4 players as well. No need for this in my opinion, especially when they have such cheap re-rolls. Change the blitzers to blockers. They still gt blodge after one skill and have blodge SF Guard after two. So they are pretty great I think. Also I’m not willing to get rid of Dodge, because it is what their team is all about.
More effective against Dwarves, because their catchers are the real starts of the show now but start without skills, like High Elf catchers really but with 1 less ag. Maybe they need to drop a movement point as well. Ma8 might make them too good at scoring two turn touchdowns.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I prefer the alternative roster that makes them into a passing/agility team. I think suggested was hail mary pass and diving tackle?

So Norse block/strength. Humans all round. Zons passing/agility.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

voyagers_uk wrote:Blitzers without block?
Slann have blitzers without block. Its a novel idea.
Maybe general access on doubles? Make them P,A,S - G
That way they can't blodge up fast.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

I see no need to change them. the easy access to blodge and the hobgoblin stat line are what make them so charming to me. Great team to learn on cos they are absolutely average but you can dodge out of trouble on occasion. Also they teach you not to get attached to people (losing 2 Guard SS blitzers in a ten game tourney taught me that)

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Again? Ain't broke. Don't need fixin'.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
garion

Post by garion »

mattgslater wrote:Again? Ain't broke.
:o
When a team is stupidly effective and dull against every team at a rookie level other than Dwarves and Chaos Dwarves there is a problem. Dodge en masse is horrendous to pay against if you have no tackle. Also 4 blodgers in a starting roster :o

besters

Post by besters »

Have to admit I like playing with and against zons, don't mind new rosters but I wouldn't like to see the current one disappear.

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Interesting difference to other teams- remove catch on the catcher and replace it with divine catch. Would be the only ag 3 race catching on a 2+..

I'd also go down to 2 blockers to remove the Orc Effect (positionalcity)/

I just worry that you could get almost the same effect as regular zons, but being better against dwarves.

Qaz's Pyrates are 1 thrower, 1 blitzer, 10 linemen. They'd still be a low TV menace with this roster!

garion

Post by garion »

Hitonagashi wrote:Interesting difference to other teams- remove catch on the catcher and replace it with divine catch. Would be the only ag 3 race catching on a 2+..

I'd also go down to 2 blockers to remove the Orc Effect (positionalcity)/

I just worry that you could get almost the same effect as regular zons, but being better against dwarves.

Qaz's Pyrates are 1 thrower, 1 blitzer, 10 linemen. They'd still be a low TV menace with this roster!
Im not so sure, because the blockers, dont start with block now, he would need 1 more skill on that blitzer, also the blocker costs more as does the thrower. It would be harder for him to achieve that.

But the idea was slightly more vulnerable to all teams but better against dwarves and chaos dwarves.

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Keep the blodging blitzers.
change dodge to fend on linos

I like the idea of giving the catchers DC instead of catch.
and the throwers HMP, Pass.

Adjust prices accordingly.

That should be a fun team to play.

In case anyone forgot, they still have AV 7.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Doubleskulls had
16 Linewoman 50 6 3 3 7 Fend AG-PS
4 Catcher 70 8 2 3 7 Diving Catch, Dodge AG-PS
2 Thrower 70 6 3 3 7 Hail Mary Pass, Pass, Safe Throw AGP-S
4 Blitzer 90 7 3 3 8 Wrestle AGS-P
Reroll Cost 50 k

Personally if anyone can think of a way to keep dodge accross the team that would be fun. Then again with agility accross the board you could get it. Though I would propably prefer block if I started with fend.

Not sure I like the increase to 8av though.

The whole fast str 2 catcher with diving catch and hail mary pass (why safe throw to start with?) thrower combo I like however.

garion

Post by garion »

I'm not willing to change zons from a dodge on their players team because that was the whole point in their team, much like Norse are an all block team.

Norse lost block on two blitzers and gave them St4 changing their names to werewolves.

My change to zons is similar, drop dodge from only one positional and make them a different type of player instead.

Zons ARE dodge so that needs to stay so they have their identity. Getting rid of Block from their blitzers (now blockers) just makes them a little easier to play against for all those teams that used to find zons a nightmare to face. Stand firm and an av increase are a great substitute for the long run. Also Ma8 on their runners means they might have a chance against dwarves and chaos dwarves.

Other thinking was,

Humans =versatile
Norse =Bash
Zons = Now equal running