Changing "Raise Dead" and Nurgle's Rot.

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

graeme27uk
Veteran
Veteran

Changing "Raise Dead" and Nurgle's Rot.

Post by graeme27uk »

Would it be too good if you changed the way those two things work.

So for example, taking a normal human lineman, a zombie is -1AG, -2MA, -10K. So could you not just apply that template to whatever is "raised"?

Similar for Nurgle's Rot. So -1MA, gain Decay and -10K cost.

You could also say that skills are reset to starting skills due to "memory loss".

Reason: ''
Demagoge
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Changing "Raise Dead" and Nurgle's Rot.

Post by Demagoge »

Interessting idea, but having a Wardancer-Rotter with 7|3|4|7 Block/Dodge/Leap/Decay woul be way to powerful for a Nurgle-Team. I don´t think that this would work for undead either.

Just my 2 cents.

KaRoTa e.V. - our tabletop and roleplaying club in Kaiserslautern (Germany)
If you want to play a game in our area, please feel free to contact us via our forum

My teams:
Frog`n´Roll - Slann
Seaguard Saphires - Pro Elf
Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

So if you raised a Zombie Londbeard he's be 2 3 1 9! Kinda like a rubbish treeman.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Demagoge wrote:Interessting idea, but having a Wardancer-Rotter with 7|3|4|7 Block/Dodge/Leap/Decay woul be way to powerful for a Nurgle-Team. I don´t think that this would work for undead either.

Just my 2 cents.
I've played two variations of this system. The first one, that is pretty much as graeme explained it, became really interesting when you managed to kill a high ST piece, (BOB, CW or BG). That didn't happen to often thou and I wouldn't consider it too unbalanced. Only diff was that all skills were wiped(good AND bad, skills) and they gained regen(it was before decay existed).

The second one was the opposite. Zombie stats but keep all skills(adding regen). Much more fun and unpredictable. and unbalanced :S. imagine a 4|3|2|8 block, tackle, thick skull?
Or even better 4|3|2|8 dodge, stunty, right stuff.

obviously way unbalanced but tons of fun.

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

How about introducing a roll for each of the new Zombie's/Rotter's skills. Let's say, a 6 for each skill means they keep it.

- Piousman

Willi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Willi »

We had something similar in a league once:
After raising a dead player you where allowed on roll on 2D6. If you manage a 12 the raised player keeps all skills and stat increases and gains regeneration.

It never really happened that a monster was created that way but surely makes raising the dead funnier and more desirable.

Rent me. I`m German.