Skavlings and Giant Rats

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Skavlings and Giant Rats

Post by voyagers_uk »

Ok, so my 5 (nearly 6) year old son, likes what he sees so far of bloodbowl and almost has the rules (basic) down... but his question related to his favourite team and is, why can I not have more Rat Ogres....

so I thought about it and came up with the following, your thoughts would be appreciated

0-16 Skavlings 7 2 3 6 Dodge, Fend, Titchy 40,000gps A GPSM
0-6 Giant Rats 6 5 2 8 Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail, Too Much Hair 140,000gps S AGPM
rerolls 60k

Too Much Hair (an "extraordinary" neg skill), after declaring an action roll a D6 and on a 3+ you can continue with the action, however if you roll a 1-2 you lose you action and tackle zone as your excess fur/hair gets in your eyes and ears

this team should be tier 3 as the Skavlings being young rats are crunchy with only speed and agility on their side, the Giant Rats are young Rat Ogres who been raised in the lab and are therefore not so wild but genetically tested on to cure baldness.(My Son is scared of bald men). I left loner off the Giant Rats similar to the Ogre team's Big guys but wanted a worse curse than bone-head, but not so bad as really stupid.

overall more expensive than OGres but with more overall speed. Slower than Lizardmen and more crunchy

opinions, suggestions for change? please be as helpful & descriptive as possible in your feedback, so that my son can understand what you think too.

thanks (on behalf of Toby)

Reason: ''
Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Skavlings and Giant Rats

Post by Chris »

You did not consider a team of 0-16 linemen and 3 rat ogres?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

he wanted 5-6 Rat Ogres, so I used the Ogre model

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I think they will actually be a rather good team, especially once a few of the ROs get pro. ST2, dodge and fend will do a really good job of keeping the Skavs alive imo. Could be fun!

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

that was really what I wanted, an introductory team that had speed, agility skills and some brute force.

he is keen to learn, but wanted to have more of some and had no interest in other parts of conventional skaven

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

is that all.... Tom, Martin.... any thoughts?

Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Looks like a fun team to play, not sure about really long hair as a name, not seen a lot of overly hairy rat ogres, I think having all those prehensal tails will be murder if you had too many of them though you could just surrround a team and lock them down without doing anything. Also all that frenzy would be crowd surfing hell....hmm could be a laugh but definately a lil overpowered for my liking :wink:

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

thanks Jase

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

voyagers_uk wrote: 0-16 Skavlings 7 2 3 6 Dodge, Fend, Titchy 40,000gps A GPSM
0-6 Giant Rats 6 5 2 8 Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail, Too Much Hair 140,000gps S AGPM
rerolls 60k

Too Much Hair (an "extraordinary" neg skill), after declaring an action roll a D6 and on a 3+ you can continue with the action, however if you roll a 1-2 you lose you action and tackle zone as your excess fur/hair gets in your eyes and ears
It does seem a little overpowered but 1 question, Is the the lack of stunty deliberate? At the moment you're dodging out of tacklezones on 2s but still suffering minuses to dodge into them and not suffering the adjusted injury table or passing restriction of Stunty. I'd probably swap out Fend for Sneaky Git and add Stunty. :)

ps. the combination of the big guys always following up and exerting PT tacklezones and the little guys never getting followed up and therefore never being in tacklezones makes it a little too good in my opinion (although too much hair is a good balancing factor for having 6 PT but probably not good enough). :)

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I'd be okay with it if you made them strength 1 guys, like the ogre team.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

I think its a great little team for a5yr old. you have handicapped yourself and He can beat up his dads team. You won't get it made official though. Think it should grow up as he does though so by the time he is about 8 they are the official skaven team.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gandresch »

I like the idea of the team. Now the little boy can beat up his dad. Is there a greater thing in life? :D

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I think that the 'young' rat ogres should have a str of 4, and perhaps the skavlings a MA of 6. Str 5 + MA 7 (on different pieces) is kinda harsh...

But I like the idea. :)