Discount against TV MinMax-ing

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Flix
Veteran
Veteran

Discount against TV MinMax-ing

Post by Flix »

Teams MinMaxing their Teams. They get less Number 11 Players, and get Skills instead Players.

The Idea is, to give a discount of 30TV to any player form 12 to 16. (TV Calculation)
Also give that discount to any freebooter, too. Most Teams get Babes Wizard Apo and Stars, but i dont see Freebooters very often. So Freebooters have to be cheaper.

Effects:
Ballancing games, High number prevents, lucky bashouts.
More Money, if you have higher number.

Reason: ''
[url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1859]German Online Blood Bowl League[/url]

(Matchseeding round 1 Bembelbowl) at table 17: Flix - Planlos (planless)... hereupon Culle: we know
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Discount against TV MinMax-ing

Post by Chris »

Flix wrote:Teams MinMaxing their Teams. They get less Number 11 Players, and get Skills instead Players.

The Idea is, to give a discount of 30TV to any player form 12 to 16. (TV Calculation)
Also give that discount to any freebooter, too. Most Teams get Babes Wizard Apo and Stars, but i dont see Freebooters very often. So Freebooters have to be cheaper.

Effects:
Ballancing games, High number prevents, lucky bashouts.
More Money, if you have higher number.
Freebooter big guys are good. Loner s there less of an issue.

The problem with this is a boost it gives to teams like dwarves and skaven, the former don't need many players, the latter do. Both of which are fine currently...

gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Discount against TV MinMax-ing

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

although the intention of the idea doesn't get clear in the beginning, the method has some advantages. Let's take a closer look at it.
I play at fumbbl and tabletop and i mostly refer to fumbbl at this point. There are many teams, that have about 11+-1 players. These are mostly bashy teams who try to minmax their options by getting more skills and have less TV than a comparable team. Some other races like elves for example, can do pretty well without having a high number of players.
On the other hand there are teams, that have to sit on a huge number of players to be competitive. Easy example are Halfling or Gobos (Secret Weapon problem) but Norse, Amazon or eg Vampire have to hire a lot of players. These teams are higher in TV because of the number of players they have.

So the problem is now, that a reduction of 30k will reduce the TV on teams with a lot players. As they can only set up 11 of those, the idea is good. On the other hand these teams have some players up one's sleeve and can compensate losses during a game more easy.
Reducing the cost of Mercs won't solve the problem at all, but would make it more interesting.

The idea doesn't hit the bull's eye completely, although it has a good point to start from.

My idea would be: Jounrneyman do not cost +30k like Mercs but Journeyman can't be bought with skills. So make it possible to hire Mercs after a game. This way you could induce positionals and hire them which is not possible with Journeyman. This is only a small change which doesn't totally change the rules and the effect of it on other parts of the game is limitted.
This is not final and there may be a lot better or additional things to add.

gan