New teams from old models

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

New teams from old models

Post by Chris »

I know there are two camps on blood bowl teams. Those that want a few teams and the 'extraneous ones' like some of the elf teams weeded out, and those that love loads of teams, even if there are minimal changes between them.

I am int he latter camp so bring on the bretonians etc.

For this topic though has anyone ever wondered what sort of different teams could be made from the 2nd edition models? Probably call them 'Albion league' teams due to the kickers, which I guess would be linemen starting with kick. Other changes would be certain positionals no longer featured for races like catchers for skaven. presumably slower gutter runners but with catch or some such. Maybe with str 3. Or maybe something else. Etc.

For those without lots of 2nd edition stuff the teams are here http://www.blood-bowl-miniatures.de/

Reason: ''
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: New teams from old models

Post by legowarrior »

Your link is causing me troubles. There are no images or anything or merit. Just a single page that says blood bowl.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Try http://www.blood-bowl-miniatures.de/sitemap.htm the site has lots of info via that page, but the requisite of a plugin for default browsing sucks.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Chris wrote:I know there are two camps on blood bowl teams. Those that want a few teams and the 'extraneous ones' like some of the elf teams weeded out, and those that love loads of teams, even if there are minimal changes between them.

There must be 3 camps in BB then, as I don't want to weed any teams out, but I don't want extra ones like Brets added.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

Chris wrote:(...) like catchers for skaven. presumably slower gutter runners but with catch or some such. Maybe with str 3. Or maybe something else. Etc.
Always thought Gutter Runners and Catchers are the same :-?
Blockers for Humans? In 2nd edition Human and Orc teams got the same stats: so the Human Blocker is a 4-4-2-9 GS/PA :smoking:

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Oh many reasons not to do it like that orc/human thing, however thats of minimal interest :)
I certainly would be interested in stuff like the dwarf team clearly being a younger bunch of chaps, no longbeards etc, so something like move 5 linemen, just without tackle and maybe thick skull - clearly not learnt all the tricks age and grouchyness brings...
Yes people do use catchers as gutter runners, this is looking at an alternative set up where these teams have a slightly different set of stats fitting the old model range. So for example you have in the old model range a couple of blitzers, couple of throwers, couple of kickers (line rats with kick, maybe kick off return as well), rat ogre, linerats and two catchers. Given the other stuff in the team would they then be different to gutter runners? Could make them have catch as an additional skill, maybe be strength 3, could have slower move, etc etc. Ideas around what stats could fit the old model ranges, undoubtably would not be as tough as the current teams, just a different twist on things.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Darkson wrote:
Chris wrote:I know there are two camps on blood bowl teams. Those that want a few teams and the 'extraneous ones' like some of the elf teams weeded out, and those that love loads of teams, even if there are minimal changes between them.

There must be 3 camps in BB then, as I don't want to weed any teams out, but I don't want extra ones like Brets added.
24 teams is plenty really, I’d far rather the dull and rubbish teams like Zons, Khemri and Ogres be fixed and others be given minor tweaks (humans slight buff and Orcs slight nerf).

There are thousands of alternative teams kicking about the place, the worst of them have loads of silly extra rules added so you quickly get a MBBL2 situation where every team you face forces you to refer back to the rules section to work out what’s going on.

I could see some slight variants working by adding 0-2 kickers to teams, maybe with a new skillset like in 2nd edition and things like human blockers, orc catchers, the killdozer, cannon etc. But you’d have to take something away from the team such as limited their other positonals or giving these players loner.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Yes the whole idea would be nothing requiring the rulebook, just an altered roster and positionals. If you could have 40 different teams that weren't complex etc I would be all for it :)

So for instance
'Albion league' Skaven
0-1 Rat Ogre as is
0-16 Linerat as is
0-2 Blitzer as is
0-2 Thrower as is
0-2 Kickers - linerats with Kick & kick off return, 70k
0-2 Catchers - 9/2/4/7, Catch, 70k

'Young Dwarves'
These chaps had blockers, linesmen, secret weapons, etc. A more young and reckless Dwarf team
0-2 Blitzers - As is
0-4 Blockers - As longbeards
0-16 Linedwarfs - 5/3/2/8, Block, ts, g/aps, 50k
0-2 Kickers - 6/3/3/8, kick, kick off return, ts, g/aps 90k
0-1 Deathroller as is
0-1 Chainsaw - 5/3/2/8, Chainsaw, secret weapon, ts, g/aps, 100k
0-1 Bazoocha - 6/3/3/8, hail mary pass, secret weapon, ts, gp/as, 40k

And so on

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

For reference the 2nd ed models were

Big Guys
5 Ogres, 4 minotaurs, 4 trolls, 4 treemen, 1 Rat Ogre that I don't think was BB but is unarmed and often assumed to be.

Humans
2 Blockers, 2 Blitzers, 2 Catchers, 2 Kickers, 2 Throwers, 2 Lineman, plastic lineman (bigger than metals), 2 Wounded, Chainsaw Wielding Loony, Hoshi Komi (ninja), Griegor Miessen (an early griff like player), Cheerleader, Human Referee

Orcs
3 blockers, 3 Blitzers, 3 Catchers, 2 kickers, 3 Throwers, 4 linemen, plastic lineman (slightly bigger than metals), 2 chainsaws, 1 bionic orc, Cheerleader

Elves
2 Blitzers, 3 Catchers, 2 kickers, 2 Throwers, 3 Lineman, plastic lineman, starplayer thrower, Cheerleader

Darkelves
3 Blitzers, 3 Catchers, 2 Kickers, 3 Throwers, 3 Lineman, 1 Wounded, Cheerleader, Starplayer blitzer

Dwarfs
3 Blitzers, 3 Blockers, 3 kickers, 1 Thrower, 2 wounded, 3(4) Lineman, plastic lineman (smaller than metals), Cheerleader, Bazocha, Chainsaw, Death roller, Dwarf Referee

Chaosdwarfs
6 Chaos Dwarfs

Chaos - The following are a mix of mutants and warriors bit they could be:-
1 Blocker, 1 Blitzer (got a big claw), 2 Catchers, 1 Thrower, 6 players, Chainsaw, Cheerleader

Halflings
6 Halflings and puggy baconbreath

Snotlings
Lots of small things

Goblins
4 Catchers, 4 Lineman, 4 Pogo Sticks, 2 Cheerleaders, 2 Chainsaws, 2 Ooligans (supporters)

Skaven
2 Blitzers, 2 Catchers, 2 Kickers, 2 Throwers, 8 Lineman, Starplayer

Undeads
Zombie, Skeleton, Werewolf, Flesh golem (frankenstein)

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

So no other ideas how to make slightly different teams out of these chaps? :)