Change to the mummy?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Change to the mummy?

Post by inkpwn »

Had a fun, if a little crazy idea to change the mummy=

MV-1 ST-5 AG-1 AV-9 mighty blow, sprint S/GAP

Shamble, shamble, shamble.
Now rip it to shreds you little raptors! 8)

Reason: ''
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Change to the mummy?

Post by Joemanji »

Why?

Also, no.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Why? Its sunday, im bored. :wink:

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

If I can hijack the thread for a more creative use?

With the straight Undead on the synergistical edge of too good, and Khemri being redorkulous with 5 Tomb-What-Nots (Guardians)... AND with the urban legend (?) that at one time Undead were on the chopping block...: As a strictly (for now and maybe forever) house rule thing, eliminate the Undead team... give the Necros access to skeletons... eliminate "Tomb Guardians"... and give the Khemri 0-2 Mummies.... I think that would keep all minis in the mix, somewhere, and perhaps change the desert dynamic....

Since it's all theorybowl at this point... creative thoughts and constructive criticisms are welcome....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Waldorf28 »

I think removing 4 Tomb Guardians (which are actually great, even with Decay) and replacing them with only two Mummies, is a nerf of a nerf. The team ends up even weaker. I can certainly put up with Khemri the way they are, but if there *was* to be a tweak I'd:

1) remove Pass from the Thro-Ra and give him Sprint. Make him a Run-Ra. Khemri have no-one to pass to anyway!
2) remove the Pass skill access from the Run-Ra and give him AG skill access instead.
3) give Thick Skull to the Blitz-Ra and Run-ra, since they are skellies too and it makes it thematically more consistent.
4) er, that is all!

Commissioner at the UKBBL.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Remove Wights from Necro, replace with Ghouls (more "Fluffy"...grave robber Ghouls scaveging for body parts for thier master) so 4 ghouls on Necro. Speeds up Necro (slightly) but does make them more fragile

Remove 2 Ghouls from Undead replace with Wights, Yes i know thats 6 players (inc mummies) with S access but only 2 have A access now (remaining Ghouls) everyone else has re-gen and while you're there remove Zombies, undead only get Skeleton lino's.

I could probably live with 4 Wights and no ghouls on an undead team, please feel free to berate me over this statement!!

Necro are now slightly faster, more fragile with more reliable line fodder, Undead are slower (positonals) with slightly faster but more fragile lino's and are "dry" (dusty fleshless creatures, long departed) especially if you do remove all the Ghouls.

Khemri are fine, not great but fine

leave Mummies alone thier great, they do add balance to the rest of the team, if you reduce thier Mv then at least give em stand firm.

All 3 undead now have a more individual flavour, maybe digger or someone can adjust costings ect, im not smart enought to even begin to understand Synergie between players ect...... :-?

@ inkpwn, next time you get bored on a sunday, try FUMMBL, painting Cyanide LE or wander around EBay ect...... :wink:

the.tok
Veteran
Veteran

Post by the.tok »

inkpwn wrote:Had a fun, if a little crazy idea to change the mummy=

MV-1 ST-5 AG-1 AV-9 mighty blow, sprint S/GAP

Shamble, shamble, shamble.
Now rip it to shreds you little raptors! 8)
Please, leave mummy alone, it's already been nerfed enough :(

Message from the Mummy Protection commitee ^.^

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

So the Mummy has to roll 4+ to stand up? Undead aren't that good they need to be nerfed so hard.

I like gloworm's ideas, especially for the necro's. I'd also go so far to remove all the ghouls from the Undead roster so they were all "undead". Probably a nerf to both teams, but they're both min-maxed cheese anyway... :wink:

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Digger Goreman wrote:If I can hijack the thread for a more creative use?

With the straight Undead on the synergistical edge of too good, and Khemri being redorkulous with 5 Tomb-What-Nots (Guardians)... AND with the urban legend (?) that at one time Undead were on the chopping block...: As a strictly (for now and maybe forever) house rule thing, eliminate the Undead team... give the Necros access to skeletons... eliminate "Tomb Guardians"... and give the Khemri 0-2 Mummies.... I think that would keep all minis in the mix, somewhere, and perhaps change the desert dynamic....

Since it's all theorybowl at this point... creative thoughts and constructive criticisms are welcome....

How about you do this but make the Mummies ST6 and give them thick skull?

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P