Translation of Reikland Reavers discussion

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Aha! But he already has it.... :D
It's just the skills in blue that need filling in..

Reason: ''
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Stars on Reikland Reavers

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Just looking through the team for the first time and noticed that Griff is very different to the 3E version.... not sure if this is deliberate. However, in 3E his skills are:-

8448 Block, Dodge, Leap, Sprint, Sure Feet MA +1, ST +1, AG +1 (7 skills)

Also if Griff has 45 INTs ...... surely he should have Pass Block!

Similarly, Zug in 3E has:-

4529 Block, Mighty Blow, ST+2, Magic Helmet, Aging MA -2, AG -1 (4 skills)

The version of Zug shown is some player for a lineman!

Gregor Meissen has:-

8237 Catch, Dodge, Sure Feet, Diving Catch, Side Step (4 skills)

Having said that, if my Star catcher in this team only had 10 TDs I would be very disappointed.

Dave

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Doh! Didn't even notice the skills in black. :oops:

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: Stars on Reikland Reavers

Post by Deathwing »

Dangerous Dave wrote:Just looking through the team for the first time and noticed that Griff is very different to the 3E version.... not sure if this is deliberate. However, in 3E his skills are:-

8448 Block, Dodge, Leap, Sprint, Sure Feet MA +1, ST +1, AG +1 (7 skills)

Dave
It's deliberate. The version of Griff is a 2k1 translation of the skills/stats shown on the 2e Star Player card, as opposed to GW's 3e version. Same goes for Zug etc. I'm certain Galak posted something in more detail about 2e -> 2k1 translations, but I can't find the relevent thread (I was going to post a link).

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay, I currently juggling one project at a time.

Here what's currently on my list o' things to do.

1) Finish taking, converting, and adding pictures for all the teams in the MBBL2 if possible.

2) Round 2 of the MBBL and MBBL2 starts in one week.

3) Phil Bowen has finished the 4th Valkyrie ... need to post picture of entire team, and assist with finalizing orders for the team.

4) Virtual Alchemist now has two limited edition figs that they are making both of which would make great BB players. Need to add pics and links for them ... (one is Chaos Warrior ... the other is a Witch Elf).

5) Finish off the famous team rosters .... I had agreed to use the 3E stats for Morg, Zug, and Griff ...... even if they are not the best translations from 2E in my opinion.

6) Take pics of my collection for the BB Museum I working on.

7) Post pics of Chaos Dwarf #6 to the 2nd edition minis page.

8) Finish new article for House Rulez magazine.

9) Put some more spit and polish on discussion to hold a World invite PBeM tournament similar to Resurrection's format ... (4 matches swiss style ... one off games ... new skill each match) .... hopefully to run from August through November if possible.

10) Work on Targeted actions for the PBeM game (Hypno Gaze, Leap, Mace Tail, Bear Hug, etc).

11) Work on Blocking pop-up menu for the PBeM game.

12) Set-up and run several Ebay BB auctions

Okay ... that's the grocery list that I can think of ... so I'll get to promise ... just have to sort through everything as quickly as I can.

Galak

Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

GalakStarscraper wrote:3) Phil Bowen has finished the 4th Valkyrie ... need to post picture of entire team, and assist with finalizing orders for the team.

4) Virtual Alchemist now has two limited edition figs that they are making both of which would make great BB players. Need to add pics and links for them ... (one is Chaos Warrior ... the other is a Witch Elf).
I certainly don't envy your to do list, Galak, and I wish you the best of luck and/or avoidance of a nervous breakdown. But upon reading the two quoted points, I just had to chime in to say, 'Whoohoo!" :D