NEW TEAM - Summoner's Horde

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bigshowfan
Rookie
Rookie

NEW TEAM - Summoner's Horde

Post by Bigshowfan »

**EDITED FOLLOWING SOME TESTING**

(1) Summoner 6 4 4 8 Regen, Leader G A S 150,000

(0-2) Ooze Monster 4 4 2 9 No Hands, Wrestle S 100,000

(0-2) Rat Swarms 6 1 3 7 No Hands, Claws, A 60,000
Stunty, Tackle

(0-4) Swarm of Bats 8 2 5 7 No Hands, Dodge A 80,000

(0-16) Grunt 6 3 3 8 None G 50,000

Reroll 70,000

Just bouncing around a few ideas for a new team build.

I like the theme of having talented positionals who can't actually take the ball.

Thoughts and suggestions readily accepted. Feelings will not be hurt, don't worry ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Re: NEW TEAM - Summoner's Horde

Post by Corvidius »

I think the Summoner and Bats are undercosted. The bats don't need hands because they're a very mobile support screen for the Summoner. The summoner is very robust with St4 and Regen and Leader obviously makes him an essential selection. The Summoner has no negative trait which means his cost should be higher.

All the positionals comes to 600k, 4 grunts leaves you enough for 2 rerolls (+1 for Leader) and that'd leave you 60k for ff or a sub or even for an apo.

Bigshowfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bigshowfan »

That was my intention.

I like the speed of the Bats without the use of them as ball carriers - but squishy enough to be vulnerable.

The Summoner could probably be 150,000 and it wouldn't effect the starting build that much but would be more representative to the worth of the model.

Bats at 80,000? I went back and forth.

That would be:

Summ (150) + 2 x Ooze (200) + 4 x Bats (320) + 4 x Grunts (200) + 1 reroll (70) = 940
PLUS 1 x Reserve Grunt?

OR

Summ (150) + 2 x Ooze (200) + 3 x Bats (240) + 5 x Grunts (250) + 2 reroll (140) = 980

OR

Summ (150) + 1 x Ooze (100) + 4 x Bats (320) + 5 x Grunts (250) + 2 reroll (140) = 960

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Bigshowfan wrote: I like the speed of the Bats without the use of them as ball carriers - but squishy enough to be vulnerable.
That's the thing, I'm not sure that they're terribly squishy. Av7 with Dodge, even at Strength 2 isn't bad. There's no Stunty to worry about and they still provide Tacklezones unlike Titchy players. Plus they have the movement to keep pace with the Summoner even if they get knocked down.

Costwise

I think even at 150k & 80k respectively you still get 1 Summoner: (150k) 4 Bat Swarms (320k), 2 Ooze (200k), 4 Grunts (200k), 1 Reroll (70k) + Apo (50k) + 1 FF = 100k.

Possibly it's a choice thing, maybe another positional?

maybe 0-2 Rat Swarms 6 1 3 7 Stunty, Claw, Dodge, Fend, 60k Agility access. A really weak player but one with potential to really annoy large players as they get under the clothes and bite & claw the tender bits.

Or maybe make the bats slightly slower? Not sure but will give it more thought.

Bigshowfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bigshowfan »

I LOVE the ST 1 Claw :) especially with the mobile assists from the Bats. Not Dodge though...

(0-2) Rat Swarm - 6 1 3 7 No Hands, Stunty, Claw, Fend 60,000 A

Bigshowfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bigshowfan »

Just played a test game with them on the Java BBowl client.

The bats are awesome - not overpowered but annoying as all heck and can get anywhere.

The rats I'm not quite sold on yet. Interesting though.

The struggle is keeping the Summoner safe and keeping the Grunts available or you simply CANNOT score.

Bigshowfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bigshowfan »

After some testing I am swapping out Fend on the Rats for Tackle

It has also been suggested to add a rule that all non Grunts gain Loner if the Summoner is taken off the field. (Bench / K.O / D & I / Sent off)

If the Summoner were unavailable for a match (MNG) then a grunt is nominated as the defacto Summoner for the above rule.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Any reason for grunts being 0-9 instead of 0-16 or 0-12 as any other lineman slot? At least one rule depends of those values.

Bigshowfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bigshowfan »

Typo

Now fixed

Thanks.

Play testing is going well. They don't appear to be broken and I'm yet to come up with an exploit that makes them unstoppable.

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

Bigshowfan wrote:After some testing I am swapping out Fend on the Rats for Tackle

It has also been suggested to add a rule that all non Grunts gain Loner if the Summoner is taken off the field. (Bench / K.O / D & I / Sent off)

If the Summoner were unavailable for a match (MNG) then a grunt is nominated as the defacto Summoner for the above rule.
Sounds like a plan.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Anybody else thinking of giving the bat swarm dauntless on the double? Awesome cage cracker.
But why do the rats have tackle? I doubt that the amount of rats that it takes to fill a square is better at tackling people than a humanoid. I think prehensile tails a bit more sensible as a starting skill. Think of the multiple player prehensile tail penaltys, very swarmy.

Bigshowfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bigshowfan »

The rats are underpowered and require a fair amount of setting up to make them useful.

I think the Tackle 'out of the box' makes them more appealing to use them as a safety on defence.

The claws also makes them interesting as a hunter killer - albeit a really vulnerable one.

Thematically, the Rat Swarm is able to crawl through gaps in armour and therefore ignore most of the protection. (Claws)

Tackle, on the other hand, represents the dozens of nipping mouths working independently to making getting away / avoiding the horde much harder.

:)