Translation of the Underworld Creepers

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Notes of the Creepers so far:

Okay Garbage and Split:
Garbage is a lose translation .. because he should probably be ST 1 and AV 6... but then he's not very star quality is he ... so we take some liberities with his ST and AV. If we ignore his ST and AV problems, Garbage had the following over a normal goblin ... +1 SP (MA), Catch (level 3), Heroic Leap, Right Stuff, +1 AG, and +2 to CL.

Now in 2E AG was actually used mostly for Dodging not ball handling (CL and TS were the main ball handling stats) ... so +1 AG/+2 CL = +1 AG, Dodge, and Catch. That then leaves us with Catch (level 3) and Heroic Leap. Catch L3 = Diving Catch and IMO Sure Hands since Gobbos cannot get Nerves of Steel ... okay Heroic Leap would normally mean Diving Catch, but we already used that for Catch L3 ... so in this case I'd go with Sprint and Pass Block.

Thus for Garbage Throttlesnot I get:
7/2/4/7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Catch, Diving Catch, Sure Hands, Sprint, Pass Block .... 176 SPPs

As you can tell from the above this is more an art like painting then a pull and go formula translation.

Split on the other hand is easy ... he's a Storm Vermin with +1 SP (+1 MA or Sprint), Dodge, Leap, Luck (Pro), and Sure Hands so his translation:
Split Tendoncutter
8/3/3/8 Block, Dodge, Leap, Pro, Sure Hands ... 76 SPPs

Other Creeper notes:

1) Any Goblin Catcher's baseline stats would be 7/2/4/7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Catch (then add 1 skill for Experienced or 2 for Veteran).
2) Skaven Blitzer = Storm Vermin .... Goblin Lineman = normal Goblin
3) 'Race' O'Bunyon (lineman) = 6/3/3/7 Kick, Hail Mary Pass (2 skills, Aging MA -1)
4) 'Fat' Brainsplatter (lineman) = 6/5/2/8 Spikes, Thick Skull, +2 ST (4 skills, Aging -1 AG and -1 MA)

I think that is everything.

Galak

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GalakStarscraper on 2002-02-08 17:52 ]</font>

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Some thoughts on Gobbo Catchers. If you increase MA and AG over a standard 3e Gobbo, then that's two increases already, plus Catch is three, and then add the veteran/exp. skills on top of that? You'll end up with a veteran Gobbo catcher with 5 increases from standard, which should by rights put him in the Super-Star bracket.
In 2e only Catchers came with Right Stuff, but in this team it's irrelevent anyway, so I propose replacing Right stuff with Catch, giving us a 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Catch 40K baseline for Catchers.
So Veteran Catcher Spike Skinelf would be along the lines of 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Catch,+ 2 Skills (Sprint, Diving Catch?). 16 Spp's 40K.
In effect, simply replace right stuff with catch to differenciate between linemen and catchers, that way the experience levels will tie in neatly with the skill increases.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

we have included gobbo catcher in our house rules:
7/2/3/7 catch+other gobbo linegobbo skills 60K

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Longshot on 2002-02-08 17:44 ]</font>

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Yes, I believe that the Goblin Catchers should start with 3 increases plus their 1 skill for Experienced or 2 for Veteran.

The Catcher was just that much better of a player than a normal line Goblin. ...

Also I there is no way for a Goblin in BB2k1 to "lose" Right Stuff, so I cannot agree with that as part of the translation.

What I would rather see you do is give the 3 non-star Catchers an Aging effect of -1 AV ... so in effect the baseline catcher becomes:

7/2/4/6 Right Stuff, Dodge, Stunty, Catch, Aging -1 AV

This I could agree with with ... if you still have problems then give the 3 catchers a second aging effect of -1 ST.

However, their stats very much justify the +1 MA, +1 AG, Catch, so I would not change this ... however it you want to nerf their AV or ST by one with an aging roll .... fine by me ... in reality Garbage should be ST 1 and AV 6 also, but he just sucks if you do that.

Galak

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

so what do ya think of my proposal Galak?

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

I'm not trying to discount other players ideas ... the easiest thing would be to create a whole new catcher position and the translation you show is good (althought I'd go with AV 6).

The Catcher was +1 AG so could dodge better than a normal Goblin, was +1 SP .. ie faster ... and was +2 to CL so he caught A LOT better.

This fully justifies the +1 MA, +1 AG, and Catch .... OR it at least justifies +1 AG, Sprint, Catch. .... then throw in -1 AV and maybe -1 ST if needed.

Its just my two cents USD.

Galak

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GalakStarscraper on 2002-02-08 18:14 ]</font>

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Underworld Creepers.
Something to start with:

Goblins:

Garbage Throttlesnot 6/2/4/6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Sprint, Leap, Catch, Diving Catch,
Sure Hands, Pass Block. 176 SPPs.
Spike Skinelf 6/2/4/6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Catch, Sprint, <font color="red">Diving Catch, Sure Feet. </font> 16SPPs
'Slasher' Bowelgrim 6/2/4/6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Catch, Sprint, <font color="red">Diving Catch.</font> 6 SPPs
Fester Rustblade 6/2/4/6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Sprint, Catch.
Stickpig Maim 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, <font color="red">Leap, Sidestep.</font> 16 SPPs.
'Ace' Fireblade 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, <font color="red">Sidestep. </font> 6 SPPs.
Lickfester Midden 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff,<font color="red"> Leap.</font> 6 SPPs.
Piles Openwound 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, <font color="red">Sprint.</font> 6 SPPs.
Notchblade Abcess 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff.
Wildman Teethgarland 6/2/3/7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff.

Skaven:

Split Tendoncutter 8/3/3/8 Block, Dodge, Leap, Pro, Sure Hands 76 SPPs
'Fast Draw' O'Gore 7/3/3/8 Block, <font color="red">Mighty Blow.</font> 6 SPPs
Shaftsplitter Grim 7/3/3/7 Sure Hands, Pass,<font color="red"> Accurate, Dump Off.</font> 16 SPPs.
Firesplitter Cleave7/3/3/7 Sure Hands, Pass.
'Race' O'Bunyon 6/3/3/7 Kick, Hail Mary Pass. Aging MA -1 16SPPs.
'Fat' Brainsplitter6/5/2/8 Spikes, Thick Skull, +2 ST, Aging -1 AG and -1 MA 51 SPPs.

FF2, Cheerleaders 1, Rerolls 0

Took off 1 MA of the Catchers in favour of Sprint, just to weaken them slightly. The whole team may still be a little strong for the fluff.
Red skills are up for debate, but Goblins are fairly limited, and I deliberately tried to say away from Catch for the 2e Lineman, given that the 4 Catchers start with it. Doesn't leave a lot of options with Agility only.

Edited and took the catchers AV down to 6 for now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathwing on 2002-02-08 20:44 ]</font>

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

so halfling catcher will be AV5?
i prefer AV7 for gobbo Catcher anyway.
Sprint is a good idea instaed of MA+1.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

There are no Halflings in the 8 teams we're converting!! The AV 6 is a trade off for the extra MA( SPRINT), in 2e Gobbo linemen had less MA and more AV than Catchers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathwing on 2002-02-09 16:22 ]</font>

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I'm with Longshot - Sprint instead of the extra MA.

Otherwise DWs translation seems fine.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post the team based on DW's thoughts and mine ... check it out see what you think:

http://www.midgardbb.com/OtherTeams/Cha ... epers.html

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i think thosse catcher can't become stars with only AV6 (at least Garbage Throttelsnot should have a magic Helmet :smile: )

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I'm ok with the roster as it is.
How about a slight modification to the special rule:
As it stands:
The Underworld Creepers are renowned for the fights that break out in their own Dug-out. Roll D6 (add +1 if the Underworld Creepers are losing) after either team scores a touchdown before setting up for a new drive. On a modified 6 or more, a fight breaks out. Make an injury roll for one player in Reserves. Treat Stunned results as Knocked Out.
Suggested mod:

"The Underworld Creepers are renowned for the fights that break out in their own Dug-out. Roll D6 (add +1 if the Underworld Creepers are losing) after each drive and at half time, immediately after making any KO rolls. On a modified 6 or more, a fight breaks out. Make an injury roll for one random player. Treat Stunned results as Knocked Out."
Adding the half time roll just keeps it in phase with Knocked Out rolls (KISS), and after a drive wouldn't the entire team be in the dugout?

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Garbage Throttelsnot:127 pts and 6 skills=> an error occur, no?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

New SPPs table in BB2k1

6 = 1st
16 = 2nd
31 = 3rd
51 = 4th
76 = 5th
126 = 6th
176 = 7th

So no Garbage's SPP total is correct for 6 skills.