Ape Roster

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

PairODice
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ape Roster

Post by PairODice »

As to the no Line Chimp possibility: Chimp Runners could be removed from the roster; there is a loss of speed and agility access and some would say the team then more resembled Orcs but you would have Chimp Line on the roster. There are no problems if there are more Chimp figure poses - it just makes individual player recognition that much easier.

Removing Chimp Runners might create a spot for an Alpha Chimp (0-1) that might start with Dirty Player or something. I like the team without an Alpha Chimp unless there is no Silverback but none of the current teams have an either or if not kind of build option.

Reason: ''
nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

PairODice wrote:0-2 Gibbons is fine and more fluff appropriate though Shadowing or Leap would seem more appropriate than Diving Tackle.

I like the idea of Grab for the Silverback and the Gorillas; a related price increase would make team design choices more interesting too.
Heh....I think Pass Block instead of any of those :D

Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

Pitch Invader wrote:Here is a version with some nerfing I'd been think of and rolling gorillas into 1 position.
I initially thought the roster seemed too strong (top Tier 1). This latest version is more in line, but perhaps lacking their own definite thing.

Now, I'd summarize them as +MA -AV orcs with ghouls (that they pay for with less S access). But this iteration is definitely weaker than the orcs, since their S access guys would be tied up by the opponent's players (and are slow), so they'd only be blitzing with the MA7 non-ST people.

I think an option to consider would be more Fend on the roster. It'd be a more monkey thing (rather than ape-ish) to be 'evasive' and hard to catch, but it'd give them a mobility of their own, without needing to rely on Dodge.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Try to make the chimps worth taking or remove them.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

[...still on the 'too many positionals'...]

I wonder if there is a need for those runners... would it be too powerful adding Fend to the Line chimps keeping the 6 move (and possibly a price adjust)?
The (only) 7MA of the team -gibbons- would be another reason to have them on the roster.

And speaking of gibbons (as mentioned before), Pass Block on them instead of DTackle might leave them open to evolve differently (both thrower and/or catcher harasser), according to the coach preference.
Then as second skill you could choose to skill him either defensive (Diving Tackle,...) or offensively (Catch or Diving Catch).