Kingdom of Ind team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Kingdom of Ind team

Post by garion »

Hello,

0-16 Linemen 40,000 6 3 3 7 G
0-2 Rakshaka 130,000 6 4 3 8 claw GS
0-4 Kalites 80,000 7 3 3 7 Stab, Extra Arms GA
0-1 Basilisk 140,000 5 5 2 9 Mighty Blow, Hypnotic Gaze, No Hands, Loner, Bone Head,
RR - 60k

Rakshaka are a type of beastman from the region, except they are half tiger half man asort of weretiger.

Kalites are indian type women with 4 arms carrying a sword, another mutation of chaos.

The linemen are nanumen a decendant of beastmen, though they are weaker a bit smaller and have tails, but not strong tails (so no prehensile tail)

the fluff is all based on the unofficial kingdom of ind warhmmer book, and the warhmmer novel that was recently released about the region.

I know the Rakshaka are awesome, but they are the only St players on the pitch except the big guy, and the rest of the team is av7 so i dont think they will be too good.

starting roster would either be -
1 basilisk 140
4 kalites 320
2 Rakshka 260
4 linemen 160
2 rr 60k each
=1000k

or

1 basilisk 140
2 kalites 160
2 Rakshka 260
6 linemen 240
3 rr 60k each
=980k

Feedback please :D

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: Kingdom of Ind team

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I'm a bit concerned about the Rakshaka, S4, Claws and GS access will mean they are fantastic players with easy development paths.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
garion

Post by garion »

I agree, but its very hards to avoid giving them claws, because they have claws and are really strong, according to the fluff they need both really. but the rest of the team is St3 and av7 so do you not think it would even its self out somewhat? The team would dish out a lot of damage but take it too, also the lack of Guard on an ag3 team would be a big problem i think.

Also is 4 stab a bit much or not? again they are Av7 ag3 so they probably will not be standing next to people to often?

edit: also there isnt any block or dodge on the team which is pretty weak for an all av7 team. hmmm its a tricky one?

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

I looked at the Rakshakas first and went woah, too scary but then realised there were only 2 of them and 130k cost then i looked at the Khalites and thought 4 stab players is pretty harsh for some teams but i think overall it's not too bad.

garion

Post by garion »

aye, i dont think they would be too good, the claw guys are great and would skill up quick but i think they need to be able to. Otherwise when they die the team would fall apart very quickly.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

But I think that is a flaw in the team design, being overly dependent on a couple of star positions is bad news for most teams.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
garion

Post by garion »

Like wood elves and wardancers, or skaven and gutter runners?

I get what you mean though, but as i said, they have to go in because that is what they are like - according to fluff they should be st4 with Claw.

But do you think the team would be too good at any TV?

Personally I don't think it would be any better than a Tier 2 team really. And claw on its own is pretty weak, it is only once the player gets MB and PO he becomes deadly. and by that point he still wont have block or guard; both of which the team desperately needs.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Carrying a big sword is a bit much, even for blood bowl...

The team does seem set on developing 2 claw/pile on/mighty blow players. They are essentially Chaos Warriors with better speed and the first skill pick they need.

The basilisk would be better with really stupid - reason, can get distracted by reflection in other players armour.

garion

Post by garion »

Chris wrote:Carrying a big sword is a bit much, even for blood bowl...

The team does seem set on developing 2 claw/pile on/mighty blow players. They are essentially Chaos Warriors with better speed and the first skill pick they need.

The basilisk would be better with really stupid - reason, can get distracted by reflection in other players armour.
carrying a sword, you mean like Sinnedbad does?

They can swap them for Knives anyway when playing Bloodbowl.

Basilisk, yeah really stupid works for me. I'm happy to change that.

They are like Chaos warriors, except cost more and dont have the high AV so they will be vulnerable to being hit too. But yeah they will clearly go down that development path as you say. I was thinking more along the lines of like a werewolf except based on St not Ag.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I am sure sinbad has a collapsible one he secrets about his person. No hands is incidentally a dull trait I am sure it has something to grab the ball with it is not a steamroller!

What you have got though is basically two kill stack players and 4 block dodge blitzes supported by disposable chaff- was this the design intention.

Note if I could swap one point of armour for one point of move on my chaos warriors I probably would!

garion

Post by garion »

The intention of the design was to be true to the Fluff. That is all, it is the most important thing abuot creating a team like this really. But after it was designed it became apparent to me, that this team would be good vs high av teams and low av teams. But would suffer very badly at the hands of teams like Norse, humans and undead. The so called versatile teams, which i think is quite interesting.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Well basilisks are big snakes aren't they? Actually online the have lots if limbs in the western imagination. Are they too dumb not to want to get the ball?

garion

Post by garion »

sorry i dont understand what you are talking about? Since when have basilisks had limbs?

They are giant snakes, they have no arms legs, hands etc...

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

In western writings and images they often had many limbs. Anyway if you saw that odd johny dep animated western you would see they have a mouth and tail to do stuff!