Fey pact.

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Fey pact.

Post by inkpwn »

After the wizards of the coast successful opened a bridge between their world and ours the creatures of the fey wild have been drawn to the game, not for its brutality but for the prestige that victory brings.
While the fey pact team may not he the strongest, or the most durable their key players are incredibly mobile and almost impossible to pin down.

Eladrin=
Tall and svelte eladrin are blessed with almost otherworldly beauty and the ability to move between worlds.

1-4 6,3,3,8 Feystep, Intense beauty, pass GA-SP 80k

Pixie=
Perpetually child like and mischievous to a deadly degree pixies are excellent ball carriers. Never growing more than six inches tall they would usually avoid conflicts like blood bowl but once convinced by the eladrin that they could pull pranks on players and generally just cause mischief they were more than willing to add their special blend of trickery to the game.

1-16 8,1,3,5. Titchy, dodge, leap, stunty A-GP 60k

Dryads=
Tough to move and almost impossible to shake dryads were convinced to play once they found out their treeman brothers were playing, never one to be second best the dryads took to the pitch with gusto.

0-2 6,3,2,9 Stand firm, Shadowing G-ASP 80k

Ent/Treeman=
Treemen from the fey wild are a tad more talkative then regular ones and enjoy the game just for the sheer fun of it.

0-1 2,6,1,10 Stand firm, mighty blow, take root loner, thick skull. S-GAP 110k

Intense beauty-
A player with intense beauty is so distracting even feral beasts think twice before striking them. This skill functions the same way as foul appearance.

Fey step-
With a mere word a player with fey step is able to rip a temporary hole between worlds and step inside emerging a short distance away unharmed.
A player with fey step that is standing at the begining of its turn may forsake all other actions and move three squares ignoring all players and tackle zones. If a player with fey step has the ball when using this skill they drop it and it scatters from their starting square.

Feel free to tear this to shreads, Im iust toying around with some new ideas. :)

Reason: ''
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Fey pact.

Post by Heff »

Don't like fey step. seems to leap by any other name without the chance of a fail. also leap for pixies? they are already moving anywhere on a 2+ why do they need it?

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Nice idea for the team. Finesse, with a tree?

I agree about fey step. I can move my whole team behind your line en masse, put an assist everywhere and anywhere...

Maybe you could just give them all leap? Although that would make the team too much like Slaan.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Leap allows you to continue your movement, fey step is all you can do. I wanted leap on the pixies to represent their ability to dart through gaps, like
between legs e.t.c
I'm not sold on the tree either but I thought they could use a big guy.

Pitch Invader
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pitch Invader »

I'm not crazy about the passes being quantity 1-4. all other teams limit on passers is 2.

I think the pixies are fine with just dodge & stunty, they don't need the leap for having a pixie feel to them.

I'm not a big fan of entirely new skills for new teams. The Fey step seems very powerful, even if they can't move after. One with a double's roll getting guard would be amazing. but even without it's still exceptional and nearly impossible to defend against. Give one catch and also creates interesting possibilities.

How about give the Eladrin Hypnotic gaze instead of fey step? Both gaze & beauty would be interesting.. a passive & active trait.

I like the treeman on the team.

How about Fauns? Kind of like beastmen, but traditional 'pan'-like.. could convert from ungors...
quantities: 0-4, M7 S3 A3 A7. dodge, horns, Agility & General access and others on doubles. cost: 80k.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

How about this:

Eladrin=

1-2 6,3,3,8 Hypnotic gaze, Intense beauty, pass GA-SP 80k

Pixie=

1-16 8,1,3,5 Titchy, dodge, stunty A-GP 60k

Dryads=

0-2 6,3,2,9 Stand firm, Shadowing G-ASP 80k

Ent/Treeman=

0-1 2,6,1,10 Stand firm, mighty blow, take root loner, thick skull. 110k
----------------

PI, while I like your idea for fawn/satyr I'm not keen on having horns players because thats a very chaos thing.

Pitch Invader
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pitch Invader »

could have satyrs and not give them the horns skill, since they're little nub horns.

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

All Pixies should have Animosity for two reasons: fun, plus stops them from being super-souped-up Skinks.

How about 0-4 Satyr: 6 2 3 7, Horns, Side Step,* G/ASP, 50kgcs (* or similar non-standard skill to add flavor)?

Adding any allies, like Halflings and Wood elf linemen?

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

I definitely don't think the pixies need animosity. They're snotlings with +3 move pretty much.

nick_nameless
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nick_nameless »

Some thoughts born of the initial read...

I like the idea of Satyrs. 0-2 7338 Horns, Block GS access for 90K maybe? I understand what you are saying RE: Chaos, but it makes sense and is limited to 0-2, so not taking the Chaos Schtick too much. In that scenarion Dryads are your blockers, Satyrs are your blitzers.

I think the Dryads should maybe be 0-4. Not 100% sure...4 seems like a lot, 2 seems too few, 3 just seems like it is a number never intended for positional count, as nothing else in the game is 0-3. worth playtesting, though as I think it's probably the right balance.

You have a passing team with no real catchers, but the Pixies will have to play that role. IMO for that price Pixies should get AG4. Eladrin....should have GP access as opposed to GA access or lose the Pass skill, and then that changes how I feel about the Satyrs because then the Eladrin are blitzers in the same vein as Necro WWs.

Nikolai II
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nikolai II »

Dryads and Eladrin should be 1-4 for sure. The team gets too many snotlings, er, pixies otherwise. (6+ with your current setup)

As for Dryads, they could be amazingly annoying if you swapped out shadowing for sidestep.

So Stand firm + Sidestep as skill.

With AG 3 on Eladrins, I'd be inclined to try to build the Dryads with ST 4, since they already are AG 2.
If that means too much strength, you could drop the treeman, forcing a minimum of 3 pixies at any one time.