Modified raised zombies

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Modified raised zombies

Post by swilhelm73 »

I was thinking the other day about how while zombies fill a role, and fill it well, they are rather bland.

Human lineman -2MV, -1AG +regen -10k

And I'm more likely to cut the free zombies I get then keep them.

But...why do they have to only be human zombies? What if you could get zombies of other races when you raise their dead?

Something like:

Human zombie 4/3/2/8 regen G 40k
DE/HE zombie 4/3/3/8 regen G 50k
SK Zombie 5/3/2/7 regen G 40k
Orc Zombie 3/3/2/9 regen G 40k
Chaos Zombie 4/3/2/8 horns, regen GM (doubles) 50k

etc...

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Re: Modified raised zombies

Post by DoubleSkulls »

This is a nice house rule, but would not be official with the current KISS principles in place.

If you kill a +MA +AG Leap Gutter Runner do you get a 8247 Dodge Leap Zombie? It certainly would add a lot of fun and flavour to the game.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

DoubleSkulls wrote:This is a nice house rule, but would not be official with the current KISS principles in place.

If you kill a +MA +AG Leap Gutter Runner do you get a 8247 Dodge Leap Zombie? It certainly would add a lot of fun and flavour to the game.
That just sounds like a lot of fun.....an undead skaven team with regenerating gutter runners....just cannot destroy the critters

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Ulthuan_Express
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Ulthuan_Express »

Might be interesting to give any player raised in this fashion (who had skilled up at some point) Bonehead, seeing if the freshly-raised Undead can quite remember how to use their super-skills in the first place.

@sibrady on Twitter. Everywhere else I'm Starblayde.
Commish of the PWCBBL in Burton, UK. Also visit my Blog, for all things geeky, including Blood Bowl.
Teams: Dead and Gooners (Undead) • The Hart Perversion (Chaos Pact)
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

DoubleSkulls wrote:This is a nice house rule, but would not be official with the current KISS principles in place.

That's why I kept it to a lineman base - otherwise killing Chaos Warriors, BOBs, and such would be too awesome.

A Chaos Warrior Zombie as 3/4/2/9 Regen GM (doubles) for 90k. Yes please! He'd be as resilient as a troll with being RS!

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I think you can make the rules a little more complex and get a more even result.

You can't regen stunties and S5 players. So perhaps something like

e.g. MA = Halved, +1, rounding towards 4. So MA5,6,7 = MA4, MA8&9=5, and you can do something similar for the other stats.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The MBBL2 league had a rule like this, much fun when you killed a decent player.

My best 2 were (from Harvest of the Battlefield):

11 Hersmell Zombie Squire Thrower 5 3 2 7 Regenerate, Sure Hands, Pass, Honorable, +1 MA, Accurate 50,000gps

and

14 Ninja formerly known as Orugato Zombie Ninja 6 3 4 7 Dodge, Shadow, Side Step, Block, Sprint, +1 AG, Stiff Arm, Regenerate 90,000gps

Iirc they kept their SPP total (which added TR) and had a 10K reduction in price (might have been more).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.