More Big Guys!

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

More Big Guys!

Post by Smurf »

After the Ogre Team and its snots should there be more fun big guy teams?

6 Trolls and Goblins (with no special doo dahs)

4 Minotaurs and Hobgoblins

4 Rat Ogres and Linerats

6 Kroxigors and Skinks or Slann stuff.

4 Mummies and Skeletons (ok that would not be as good).

6 Treemen and Halflings (with no special doo dahs, that would not be that good either).

IIRC the combined ST max was 55 ((6x5)+ (10x2) or (6x4) + (12x3))

And keep the rerolls pretty high.

Reason: ''
The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
the.tok
Veteran
Veteran

Re: More Big Guys!

Post by the.tok »

Excuse me but first, what is a dooh dah? :?:
you mean secret weapons?

I like the ogre team a lot, and certainly I find it very interesting :)

Though, I wonder :

The Krox team, I'm afraid could be too good, because of prehensile tail all over the board. That plus the skinks being the best stunty. Why not another ST1 lizard? Still fear the mass PT :/

4 mummies and skeletons, that is Khemri, already in the game... kind of ;) (and In LRB4, they were powerful)

The Treeman team could be fun, but put fairies or something like that instead of halflings, unless you want it to be a tier 2 team. It just would be a better halfling team otherwise.

About trolls, it is kind of hard. the logical solution would be to put snots, but that is a worse Ogre team then, and if you put goblins it is a better goblin team.

The WA teams though, I have no idea of their power... but they could be fun as hell, wanna play a RO team :D

Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

Rat Ogre team would be the funniest of these, because all that Prehensile Tail would be balanced out by Wild Animal never being where you need him to be.

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Sorry: for clarification, yes 'doo dahs' means secret weapons.

As far as the skinks go, well they would be at the mercy of some teams with lots of block and or tackle. Squelchy skinks IMO.

Bouncing ideas around regarding the 'famed big guys of blood bowl'.

I'm coming around to liking the Rat Ogre team now.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
the.tok
Veteran
Veteran

Post by the.tok »

Smurf wrote:As far as the skinks go, well they would be at the mercy of some teams with lots of block and or tackle. Squelchy skinks IMO.
Sorry, but for me, it is still much better than an ogre team. Just compare a snot and a skink. Even the Krox is a better ogre after all.

6 Krox and all skinks can also be argued to be... better than lizardmen themselves.

If you want a Krox team, you need ST1 and Ma<8 on the stunties

Except if you plan on making a high tier 1 team ;)

Back on the RO team :D

That could be going even "Moulder Clan team" with giant rats, rat ogres and beastmasters. That would be sweet and fluffy :lol:

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

You could have fun with a clan moulder team.

Something like

160k 0-6 Rat Ogres (0-6 too many? They are very pricey, I think they would induce themselves to death)
Standard stats S/AGPM
0-12 Beast masters (see, ratio of 2-1 :) )
50k 6/3/3/7 Grab S/AGPM

So no general access, beastmasters to try and keep the RO's in check and fun and frolics for all.

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

In the BB build IIRC the combined ST of a team could not exceed 55.

Hence 4 Rat Ogres and 12 Linerats.

Personally I like the idea of:

6528? big guys
and loads of 7337 line with G access only.

First few games is going to be ball handling and bashing problems due to the lack of surehands, AG4 and Wild animal and no block.

Even if there is one Blitz per turn the ROs cannot move well and will only do so on 4+ which means they could be wildly out of position.

Even with the Mino team with HG, there are 4 frenzied players with the same Wild Animal problem.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I wouldn't agree with letting any big guy team have access to G on the big guys or their support. Just makes up for too many problems. Never mind block and essential stuff like sure hands, things like dirty player, kick and the like are all very useful.

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

O_o
A team with no dodge, stunty, right stuff etc.

Basic rat linos... they will not get beaten to a pulp?

Massive reliance on the ROs stepping up with guard to protect the linerats. OK they move 7 but they are not exactly dodge tastic.

IMO they will rack up a fair amount of casaulties.

There's a 50% chance these suckers go over on a 1db and 75% on 2db. They will go over more often than the stunties.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Juriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Juriel »

Oh yes, the Rat Ogre team is very suck-tastic, no question about that.

ROs themselves are overcosted (double mutation access is nice, but not when you use doubles for Block and Pro).
Linerats suck so much (sure they're fast, but they're also clumsy and weak and fragile)

4 ROs is woefully too little, because WA means they're out of position all the time, and AV8+WA means that the opponent should just focus on getting one down per turn, because they're not getting back up, leaving the opponent free to mark linerats who will just plain die.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Yes attrition would be awful. You would save money and apoth always for the rat ogres. Anyone else would nearly always be a journeyman after a few games.

Reguardless of the roster could probably give them all M access on normal rolls (as long as they don't have G...) due to the amount of warpstone being sloshed around to make the little critters.

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

My take on a Clan Moulder Team:

0-16 Linerat 50 7 3 3 7 GM ASP
0-2 Thrower 70 7 3 3 7 Sure Hands, Pass GPM AS
0-2 Beastmaster 90 7 3 3 8 Beastmaster, Prehensile Tail GSM AP
0-2 RatOgre 150 6 5 2 8 Wild Animal, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail SM GAP

Beastmaster (Extraordinary)
All teammates in the players tacklezone automatically pass any Wild Animal-rolls.

And on a Troll-team
0-16 Snotlings 20 5 1 3 6 Right Stuff, Stunty, Dodge, Titchy, Side step A GSP
0-4 Goblins 40 6 2 3 7 Right Stuff, Stunty, Dodge A GSP
0-5 Troll 110 4 5 1 9 Really Stupid, Always Hungry, TTM, Mighty Blow, Regeneration S GAP
0-2 Troll Royals 140 4 5 1 9 Block, BoneHead, Always Hungry, TTM, Break Tackle, Regeneration S GAP

the.tok
Veteran
Veteran

Post by the.tok »

Since we are throwing out ideas, I like your idea of a beasmaster skill, but would tone it down to still having to roll a 2+ to move. A bit like assisting a Really Stupid player, because I fear it could be too powerful otherwise. and AV8 seems much for a skaven, they're not storm vermins ;)

Also, no need for a thrower, they are already in two teams, and I don't think this team should have a passing game anyway. If we're going the moulder clan route, why not include giant rats for some more mayhem :orc:

Something like:

0-16 : giant rats 7 2 3 7 no hands, frenzy wild animal, stunty, right stuff, dodge, AM/GS 40k
0-4 (6?) : Beastmasters 7 3 3 7 Beastmaster, G/ASMP 50k
0-4 : Rat Ogre 5 5 2 9 Wild Animal, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail SM/GAP 150k

Beastmaster (Extraordinary)
All teammates in the players tacklezone automatically pass any Wild Animal-rolls for block and blitz actions. For a move action, they get a +2 modifier.

What do you guys think?

If you think it is too weak, we could add JU or sure feet to the giant rat...

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I think you can have a fun team without the need for a special rule...

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

My thoughts too.

The idea is Big Guys are fun. The Ogre team has 6 big guys and 5 squishy things. Now and then the Big Guys lose TZs because they are bone head.

Hence the Rat Ogre version was it they are not blitzing or blocking (the opponent has an ability to use this) the have difficulty in moving. Whilst the line rats are sufficiently weak and cheap as fodder. Maybe it would explore them as how to develop Lino team too.

Similar to the Mino and Hobgoblins.

The idea was to use existing rules without (too much) power creep. Also keeping it simple like the Halflings and Ogre teams.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)