Slann Amendments

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Slann Amendments

Post by Pedda »

I like the diving tackle on the blitzers. It's what make them special.

Reason: ''
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I do too.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The team is special because all the skills are related to jumping. Leap, Dive, Jump So I firmly believe the skills should not be changed.

I do fully agree that after playing the team for some time that the Blitzers should be 10k less (ie only 100k each) ... but otherwise I really like the team as it is.

And in 2nd edition the Blitzers had Heroic Leap. BB has no skill like this now as it was used to score touchdowns in 2nd edition ... that skills was translated to Diving Tackle a skill which is used to heroically stop the scoring of touchdowns. Jump Up was added because jumping is the team's thing and it removed the MA penalty from the Blitzers using the skill.

Strength access is on the Blitzers to make the team more viable to play and should be left on.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Mori-mori
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mori-mori »

Hitonagashi wrote:Quite a popular build in FUMBBL for slann atm is 0-1 catcher, 2x block/mb/po/tackle etc blitzers, 2x blodge/ss/guard blitzers.
Are their catchers that bad? They Leap better than "stock" Wardancer, and having ST2 is pretty normal for a good catcher. Regular elves teams have at least 2 catchers, why it's different for Slann?

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

in resurrection format (tourneyTV110), pretty much all the slanns team i saw had 4 catchers

as you said, when stacking is possible, one is getting wrestle+stripball

Domfluff
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Domfluff »

Resurrection tournaments are a very different beast to Leagues. The tournament builds should usually be catcher heavy, since injuries don't matter as much, and you need to be able to win at lowish TV values.

Blitzer heavy builld are aiming at high TV, 1500-1800+. Slann need developed blitzers to compete at this level (their catchers are still useful there, but they get comparatively worse). Needing to develop blitzers implies starting with them, to get the SPP on them as soon as possible. That usually means accepting a rough start, for a great endgame.

Slann are amazing, and I don't think they should be amended. -10K on the Blitzers seems fair, but aside from that, their skill choices and rosters is excellent. They are not a top tier team, but they can certainly compete in tournaments and leagues, albeit in vastly different ways.

Plus, frogs. Frogs are cool.