Slann Amendments

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Iranian Spy
Veteran
Veteran

Slann Amendments

Post by Iranian Spy »

Would like to see their Blitzers brought down to 0-2, at 100k a piece with only Str and Normal skill access. Would you change anything else on the team?

Reason: ''
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Slann Amendments

Post by Corvidius »

Hey Shazz,

The Slann are an underpowered team (imo) so getting rid of one of their options (although not sure i've seen teams other than mine use 4 blitzers) isn't cool. The Blitzers are quite expensive as is though.

:)

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Quite a popular build in FUMBBL for slann atm is 0-1 catcher, 2x block/mb/po/tackle etc blitzers, 2x blodge/ss/guard blitzers.

Still, they are already a weak team, no need for further nerfing.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Yes to making them 100k, they just arent cost effective at the moment. But no they shouldn't lose skill access. Slann are pretty weak once you figure out how to play against them.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

I would keep them at 110k and 0-4 and give them block to start with.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Jimmy Fantastic wrote:I would keep them at 110k and 0-4 and give them block to start with.
+1 , or I would get rid of Diving Tackle and replace it with Block, keeping the same cost.
The Catchers should be tweaked too: Diving Catch is a waste; Ma 8 or Dodge or Jump Up would be far more useful.
I don't like Catch, but even it would be better than Diving Catch on an Ag 4 player.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Keep them 110 but give them foul appearance! Cloud of flys, slimy face or sum'thin. Gross ass frogs all the way!

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

inkpwn wrote:Keep them 110 but give them foul appearance! Cloud of flys, slimy face or sum'thin. Gross ass frogs all the way!

Foul Appearance sucks compared to Block. It would be another wasted skill for a Blitzer.
I would like cheaper Blitzers without silly skills and Block, than expensive Blitzers with silly skills as currently.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Pfft, best defensive skill to keep them in line with galaks original vision.
Its not terrible and keeps them as defenders. :p

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

inkpwn wrote:Pfft, best defensive skill to keep them in line with galaks original vision.
Its not terrible and keeps them as defenders. :p
Dodge is better than Foul Appearance, as defensive skill, and you can use as active skill when dodging.
Foul Appearance works only if somebody blocks you, otherwise is wasted. Dodge has 2 functions.
They are called Blitzers, not defenders.
Blitzers are made to blitz, every Blitzer in Blood Bowl has Block, Slann Blitzers are the only exception.
Therefore they should have Block or Wrestle.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I belive they are only called blitzers because GW didn't want defender as a player type. Slann are the breakers of moulds, heck they have the only ST2 piece without starting dodge.
I know dodge is both defensive and usefull but that's not who slann are, as a race they should be relying on their natural leap, they don't need two escape measure.
When I played slann, admittedly not for long, my blitzers made very few blocks, they tended to form loose cages faster than that, only one block and move per turn obviously. Slann don't have the ST to win the blocking game and can rarely spare the player for the assisst. If you want to take block more power to ya, its a viable development option but I don't think its a good idea to give them block or dodge on the roster. To me at least it doesn't fit fluff wise and again goes against the designers (galaks) original vision.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Going against a fools vision is a fine idea.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Jimmy Fantastic wrote:Going against a fools vision is a fine idea.
Shouldn't call JJ a fool ... just not nice manner there Jimmy. The NAF roster is just a translation of the 2nd edition team to CRP but it works really well for what it was fully intended to be as a bottom of Tier 1 highly thematic team. But then some players only see their winning %s and not the fun of theme. :wink:

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yay to more players starting with block(!) *yawn* :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Iranian Spy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Iranian Spy »

Would upping the Str of the catchers to 3 be too big a leap (:P) to give them some power and perhaps upping the catcher cost slightly? Almost like a High Elf equivalent? I like the diving catch on them. I'm eager to try out a hail mary combo with 4 of those chappies just to see if it works at all.

As for the blodge blitzers I think there's a good chance that two will roll doubles sooner rather than later, particularly when they can get Block first and wait for the doubles/stat rolls to come. Otherwise, there seem to be few doubles rolls you'd want on a Blitzer considering what they start with - which I think seems characterful if not hugely effective. I don't really think they need AG access so much and my gut says that lowering their cost and keeping AG is a not really the best fix for them. Even if they lowered the movement to 6 and lowered to 100k or lowered to 6 AND cut AG access to bring them to 90 they would be pretty effective or 80k a steal once they start developing.