I dont like ... in Blood Bowl

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: I dont like ... in Blood Bowl

Post by spubbbba »

Corvidius wrote:Slamming dice cups
God I hate this, especially if it is game 1 of the day after a heavy night. They don't even have to be our opponent to be annoying.
Corvidius wrote:Marking squares you want your player to be in,
I can tolerate that, but it is when people move a bunch of players and then change their minds and move them back, then mve them again and then put them back etc. Is very annoying and as I have to check to make sure they are not getting a sneaky advantage, just because you have not rolled any dice does not mean you get infinite take backs.

Personally I think that once you have started moving a new player then you should not go back and change the movements of other players. I'd maybe let someone off with this once or twice, unless they were a newbie.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

spubbbba wrote:Personally I think that once you have started moving a new player then you should not go back and change the movements of other players. I'd maybe let someone off with this once or twice, unless they were a newbie.
:o ...UNLESS they were a newbie?

What exactly do you have against newbies there spubbbs? Sheesh. :wink:

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Corvidius wrote:marking squares you want your player to be in, measuring with the range ruler from squares you haven't got to yet and other such 'gaming aids'.
I do those :) Except I rarely use the range ruler these days, I just look it up on the chart. :D

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

spubbbba wrote:Personally I think that once you have started moving a new player then you should not go back and change the movements of other players. I'd maybe let someone off with this once or twice, unless they were a newbie.
That's a bit retentive IMO. I'd always let my opponent off that one. If they've rolled dice, its tough.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

DoubleSkulls wrote:
That's a bit retentive IMO. I'd always let my opponent off that one. If they've rolled dice, its tough.
I worded that badly, I meant I’d let a newbie off multiple times.
However I would get a bit fed up if an experienced opponent moved their entire cage up the pitch then changed their mind, moved them all back, then moved them to a different location, moved them back etc. There seems to be an expectation that this is ok as long as no dice are rolled, but I find it irratating. Counting with your finger or using markers is fine with me though.

Probably comes from playing online where you don’t get take backs. Also people used to pull that trick in fantasy battle or 40K and mange to sneak forward so there is always the suspicion someone would put the players 1 square closer rather than the original square.

Oh and I was reminded of something else I hate, calling players “pieces”. Seems to have been quite a recent thing as I never noticed it on TBB.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

DoubleSkulls wrote:

I don't know. I think it's a bit subjective. I can see letting someone off the hook if it's a simple enough move and doesn't happen all the time, but ideally i think spubbba is right. I don't think my simple brain could handle having to backtrack too many players and remember where they were. But again....that could just be because I'm s a dummy. :P

Eski
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Eski »

see what happens if I say the following!!

Seems like its not Blood Bowl u hate, it's the coaches you play against...

runs and hide in the corner...

http://www.bristolvanguard.co.uk
Look Up Bristol Vanguards Gert Bowl Tournment near end of July 2012
"MB and Piling On! Rerolls need not apply!"
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

... CRP :lol:

dzigany
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dzigany »

Here's a few of my (current) pet peeves:

• Coaches that only choose the most effective skills.
I like a bit of fluff to surround my games, and sometimes that makes choosing skills that might not be the most effective necessarily. But it only takes one of those powergaming coaches and then everyone is forced to follow suit.

• All these "new" pure bashing teams.
Yes, Chaos, Khemri, Nurgle etc, I'm looking at you! And don't necessarily dislike 'bashy' teams. But with the kind of teams that just have no other means to their disposal than to bash, then bash they will. There's nothing more boring than playing against a coach whose only tactic is to beat your players to pulp. And those sort of teams leave coaches no other viable option. They should be removed or get a major overhaul, imo.

• That I can't start with mutations!
Now all my bought and painted Skaven mutants may never get to be used because I might never roll a double with the right player. There's an easy way to amend it though: By letting teams that can have mutations buy players with mutations for 30.000gps more than what the position normaly costs. So a Skaven Thrower with Big Hand (like in my avatar) would cost 100.000gps. This would only be allowed if there is an appropriate miniature, ofcourse!

• Mutations without representation on the miniature!
You should only be allowed to take a mutation if you have a miniature that accurately represents it. Wanna get tentacles on that minotaur? You better start making and painting one! Alternatively you could take it but not use it until your miniature is modified. This could help relieve the problem of everyone taking claw. And if they do, at least you can tell by looking at the model...

• Unpainted teams.
Very boring to play against unpainted teams.

• Overdeveloped teams
This might be the biggest issue to solve. It's very fun to see you team develop. But when every team, including yours, have skills on every player, it becomes a mess. And isn't as fun. In many ways, the tournament rules of giving a few players a few skills is the optimal state of BB. But when the fear of players dying or the joy when they improve is removed, then there's something missing.

So basically, it's more things surrounding the game than the actual mechanics that I don't like about BB... Heppa!

Iranian Spy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Iranian Spy »

Dislike:
- People who whine / people who bring the atmosphere at the table down (I've been guilty of this once or twice :P)
- People who would rather foul your player first than score on turn 16. It's just silly!

Things I dislike but think can be changed satisfactorily in the rules (and I don't mind putting up with currently):
- Piling on (both the name of the skill - I agree with Chance on 3DB, it really ought to be 'Pile On' - and the skill ruling itself)
- Tweaks to some teams (Humans, Slann for the most part with some minor player tweaks to Dwarves, Woodies, Undead and Khemri)

Team Scotland: for Blood Bowl in Scotland http://www.createforum.com/teamscotland ... scotlandbb

Glasgow Blood Bowl League https://www.facebook.com/groups/273727376038744/

The Artist formerly known as "Shaheen"
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

My sig line says most of it....

Starting Ag 4
Elves
Dwarves
Leap
Spam-a-lot teams (zons, slann, norse, et al.)
Opponents needing to roll dice during your turn
One turn TD outside of thrown team mates
Stat increases
People being pissy about not wanting to play with illegal procedure & 4 minute limits
Crowd injuries
Thrown rock, Pitch Invasion, & Intense Heat
GW interference, NAF involvement, and CRaP
Loss of Arguing the Call
Framing of "Agility vs Bash" when team destruction and the 2-1 grind is the only options for dealing with Ag 4 teams

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Digger Goreman wrote: Opponents needing to roll dice during your turn
Are there any now?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Digger Goreman wrote:My sig line says most of it....

Starting Ag 4
Elves
Dwarves
Leap
Spam-a-lot teams (zons, slann, norse, et al.)
Opponents needing to roll dice during your turn
One turn TD outside of thrown team mates
Stat increases
People being pissy about not wanting to play with illegal procedure & 4 minute limits
Crowd injuries
Thrown rock, Pitch Invasion, & Intense Heat
GW interference, NAF involvement, and CRaP
Loss of Arguing the Call
Framing of "Agility vs Bash" when team destruction and the 2-1 grind is the only options for dealing with Ag 4 teams
Wow that is quite a long list, maybe you need to follow plasmoid and garion in bringing out your own ruleset.

I quite like the sound of DiggerBowl, you could have on pitch consequences for coach misbehaviour. Such as a losing a re-roll if a coach whines like a weedy grot when he fails a GFI.

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

Iranian Spy wrote:Dislike:
- People who whine / people who bring the atmosphere at the table down (I've been guilty of this once or twice :P)
- People who would rather foul your player first than score on turn 16. It's just silly!

Things I dislike but think can be changed satisfactorily in the rules (and I don't mind putting up with currently):
- Piling on (both the name of the skill - I agree with Chance on 3DB, it really ought to be 'Pile On' - and the skill ruling itself)
- Tweaks to some teams (Humans, Slann for the most part with some minor player tweaks to Dwarves, Woodies, Undead and Khemri)
I actually think that would be cool if more of my opponents did that, at least if the TD was deciding for the match.

Digger> I think one-turning using pushes are cool, but agree if you think of MA+ gutter runners and wood elf catchers.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

I miss the old pre-turnover rules, tho I recognize the current turnover rule makes the game much faster and easier for tournament play (or busy adult life play)

I miss random skills. Not knowing what exactly you are gonna get with a developed player was a lot of fun, made much more variance in same-race teams.

arguing the call, nerfs to fouling in general

I REALLY miss the old secret weapon rules, where they were not auto-eject and you could get spp on them.. why is it that Deathrollers and fanatics (the most powerful SW) can skill up thru normal play and chainsaws, daggers, bombs cannot.

Most of all I miss GW giving a shit. (their lawyers don't count)