New Khorne Roster

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

narg
Veteran
Veteran

New Khorne Roster

Post by narg »

I'm surprised that no one talks about that here. Ok it's Cyanide, not table-top or FUMBBL, but still.

I know that lots of "big boys" are lurking on this forum, the kind of guys who would be contacted by Games Workshop to play-test new rosters.

Any insight into this new team? Replying "I legally do not have the right to give an answer" is good enough for me, it means that at least there's a contract and that experienced players really did some play-testing on it, even if they can't disclose the results.

I mean, any serious play-testing should involve dozens of players, surely at least a few of them should read this post?

So, if it's feasible at all, could anything be disclosed on this roster?

Reason: ''
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: New Khorne Roster

Post by Chris »

I don't believe there is any testing going on, at least in the UK.

I mean come on, its cynide, they already have done the player models so a whole range of concepts are fixed...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And under the last NDA, you couldn't even say you were under an NDA, so anyone that replies they are is either lying or risking being sued.

Personally, I'd be surprised if any playtesting is happening (and yes, that means if there is, I'm not involved).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
narg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by narg »

Darkson wrote: Personally, I'd be surprised if any playtesting is happening (and yes, that means if there is, I'm not involved).
:(

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Are you surprised by that narg. I mean, why would you playtest a roster when you can just make one. Playtesting would take time, money, resources, and a certain level of intelligence pertaining to decision making. All things that Cyanide has proven to go without.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

burgun824 wrote:Are you surprised by that narg. I mean, why would you playtest a roster when you can just make one. Playtesting would take time, money, resources, and a certain level of intelligence pertaining to decision making. All things that Cyanide has proven to go without.
I agree with Burgun (for once ;)).
I doubt that there is/was any playtesting at all, apart from 'Do the models move in a more or less natural way? Allright, we're done here!'

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Probably also a quick enquirely at France gamesday into what 40k stuff was leet. (I may be getting my hip internat street slang wrong there.)

But really, so what? After all Cynide is just like any other league with houserules (what else are the bugs and unimplemented stars about?), they are just adding a homebrew team. The various leagues shouldn't allow it to be taken if it isn't balanced enough and you can always make a point of abandoning against them whenver you encounter them in tv matched games.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

New Khorne Roster

Post by Shteve0 »

Search for "Khorne" in topics, all forums. I'm surprised you're surprised this is not being discussed, particularly since, um, it is ;)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
narg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by narg »

Shteve0 wrote:Search for "Khorne" in topics, all forums. I'm surprised you're surprised this is not being discussed, particularly since, um, it is ;)
I saw the topic on the official forum but it didn't seem to contain any useful information. And no I didn't see it discussed anywhere else...

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

narg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by narg »

Thanks Dode! I was about to edit my post when I saw your reply.

Indeed lots of threads on the topic, but it's mostly speculation as nobody really knows what the roster will be like and it looks like nobody around here took part in any kind of play-testing.

Game developers are just saying they wish that experienced coaches would take part at some stage in some play-testing, that's scary - they're definitely creating the team before checking whether it's viable, really looks like they have it all backwards.

I mean the whole point of the slanns was finally having a team where people could use Leap across the board, so it corresponded to a new twist on old game mechanics. If they just added Khorne because it looks cool and people like claw-pomb, that's no good. The point of chaos pact and underworld was finally giving access to mutation skills to agile players (goblins or dark elves) instead of just bash-teams, who only take claw anyway. At least we got half of that...

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

New Khorne Roster

Post by Shteve0 »

My heart sats "lets wait and see".

My head says "we're screwed".

My arse gave its opinion in the roster speculation thread.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

JaM wrote:I agree with Burgun (for once ;)).
I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say these words (or a variation there of). I would have my debts paid off.

Just know that I'm perfectly well aware of the fact that I'm an ass bag and I also happen to think you're a reasonable enough fellow. But you know, just like most other people do, that you secretly agree with everything I say, so we can stop all of this "for once" business. :D

Besides, you're just sour because I went after you pretty hard in WW. :P