Agility skill tweaks: Dodge, Sure Feet, Sprint

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

What has dodging got to do with not stumbling?
- amazons and stunties keep dodge, sure feet is an obvious first skill up
- human catchers get sure feet and catch; human throwers get sure hands and pass. Thus the template is established
- centaurs get sprint only
- slann get a leap reroll
- wardancers now need nerfing more than ever!

Dodge (Agility)
A player with the Dodge skill is adept at slipping away from opponents, and is allowed to reroll the D6 if he fails to dodge out of any opposing player's tackle zones. However, the Dodge skill may only be used once per turn. In addition, opposing players may not follow-up blocks made against this player even if the Dodge player is knocked down. The opposing player may still continue moving after blocking if he declared a Blitz action.

Sure Feet (Agility)
A player with sure feet rarely loses his footing, and is allowed to reroll the D6 if he fails to complete a leap action. In addition, the Sure Feet skill, if used, affects the results rolled on the Block dice, as explained in the Blocking rules (see page 10).

Sprint (Agility)
A player with the Sprint skill is capable of a great turn of pace, and is allowed to reroll the D6 if he is knocked down as a result of attempting to Go For It. The Sprint skill may only be used once per turn. In addition, the player may attempt to move up to three extra squares rather than the normal two when Going For It. His coach must still roll to see if the player is knocked down in each extra square he enters.

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

You know what, I'm going to leave the OP as is, though I think its a bit overkill.

I'd still be interested in your opinions on

Dodge
- reroll Dodge fail
- current Fend rules

Sure feet
- affects Defender Stumbles result

New Skill
- replaces current Sure Feet skill, since I've appropriated the name for the dodge split. Fend removed, Sprint unchanged

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Iranian Spy
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Agility skill tweaks: Dodge, Sure Feet, Sprint

Post by Iranian Spy »

How would tackle work under these proposed rules?

Team Scotland: for Blood Bowl in Scotland http://www.createforum.com/teamscotland ... scotlandbb

Glasgow Blood Bowl League https://www.facebook.com/groups/273727376038744/

The Artist formerly known as "Shaheen"
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Tackle cancels use of Dodge skill, Juggernaut cancels use of sure feet? Or vice versa?

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

The positive thing is that sprint is now a better skill. Before it was marginal at best. Not sure if getting a one-turner would be too easy though (gutters) and you also buff wood elf catchers who now start with just sprint.

Your right about wardancers, they would be too good with a inbuilt leap reroll after one skill-up.

Human catchers suffer, they weren't too great before and the leap bonus on AG3 is just a joke. They should probably get some discount or plus stat.

It's kinda interesting to nerf dodge which was one of the only good agility skills for all players now you have to choose between the surefeet or dodge on a double. E.g. rolling a double on a bull with block and bt, dodge would be the obvious, but now it's tricky.. I'd be more tempted to just take a normal skill instead. Same with all ballcarrier types on bashy teams, do you want the extra safety on the blocking dice or being able to dodge away if being tied up?

All elves (except the wardancer) would be hurt with this rule as they get the best use of the current dodge - now they need one more skill, but that might not be bad for the game balance.

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Well, when we're trying to 'fix' amazons in the other thread, it strikes me that perhaps its not just a case of stripping the zons (oo er) of Dodge but stripping Dodge of its supermegaawesomeness. "Sure Feet" feels like a far more appropriate skill for a defender stumbles cancel, and I'd prefer to see a Dodge reroll paired either with the current fend skill or the current sidestep skill, if only for flavour. Would the latter be overpowered?

My other concern is that Agility category offers something of a paucity of options to an AG-access-only model skilling up.

Devowra
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Devowra »

I like the new Sprint, I haven't been able to justify taking Sprint before.

I like that Agility would have some meaningful choices, but it probably hurts General too much by taking away Fend with little compensation.

I guess you could buff Fend so it has an additional effect to justify it staying as a skill. Maybe +1 AV when being fouled or something.

I would keep Tackle affecting the dodge re-roll and block dice. For zons, having Fend on your linos even if your dodge re-roll is countered in high Tackle environments is still powerful.