Underground playing field

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Underground playing field

Post by inkpwn »

I partial dreamed this concept so don't judge it to quickly. :lol:

Underground pitches, dwarves, skaven, goblins and others are fans on playing on their home turf and these caves and mountain strongholds are much more dangerous than your average astrogranite pitch.

Before starting the game decide if you are playing on the regular astrogranite pitch or the underground pitch.

Whenever a block knocks down a player, a player falls over or a successful catch is made roll a D20 and then minus five from the result to determine the starting square along the short end of the pitch (the Y axis). Reroll any results less then one.
Then roll a D20+ 1D6, minus two from the result, this determines the starting square on the long side of the pitch (the x axis). Reroll result less then one.
Using these results find the converging square, this is the point at which the force of the action, the sound of the catch, the force from the block has caused a stalactite to fall from the ceiling! If there is a player in this square they take a armour and injury roll as if they had been victim to the 'stab' action.

Extra conditions, if the square is empty the turn continues as normal, unless the player was the ball carrier the turn continues as normal, if the player is the ball carrier turn over as normal if the player was injured and don't if the player is uninjured. This stalactite action takes effect even the block action forces the player into the crowd or if the catch that is completed cause a touchdown, the touchdown is completed and then the stalactite action rolled, if the player with the ball is the one that's hit the touchdown is still scored even if injured.

Ideas? I thought an AG roll could be introduced to see if you get hit but its allready very hit and miss as it is, that and a tad complex. :lol:
If my jargon doesn't make sense please point and laugh as appropriate.

Reason: ''
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Underground playing field

Post by Corvidius »

Hey man,

I think it's an interesting idea but I think it's a lot of extra dice rolling plus introduces an extra dice into the game. If it was whenever a St 4 or higher player was knocked over and the stalactite scattered d3 squares using the scatter template that'd be cool. Possibly passes/catches as well.

Each kick off would possibly have 4 stalactites and the rolls that go with it.

It's a good concept though, cavebowl. :)

Reason: ''