Possible adjustment to Piling On ? and claw/mighty blow

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

TalonBay
Star Player
Star Player

Possible adjustment to Piling On ? and claw/mighty blow

Post by TalonBay »

The ntbb has improved fouling as an option, I was initially hesitant because we don't foul much as a league and worried that people would find that distasteful. However, we also don't have any clawpomb, having played a handful of games vs teams built around a few of these online I think you need something like the fouling changes to at least threaten them.

Reason: ''
The Daventry League: Pitchblack Stealers http://www.level10.org/BloodBowl/index.php?section=main
Proud Owner of the TFF Minisorca Vikings Legacy 2011 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36011
Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Possible adjustment to Piling On ? and claw/mighty blow

Post by Blammaham »

I'd make Piling On work on armour only, BB is, for me, a game where you make decitions on incomplete data based on many factors. Making PO work on injury doesn't fit that bill for me (the data is clear), most conservitive coaches seem to use it only after they get a stunned result, the more risk comfortable coaches use it all the time. Armour only would still make it so that it is picked IMO but not the "go to" skill that it is now. This is the only clean whiff from the BBRC IMO.

In the TT leauge I play in the only statistical anomalies as far as casulties go have been CLPOMBers. S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

Afroman wrote:The solution is clear.

Piling On:
...In addition, a player placed prone after using this skill will receive a +1 modifier if he is fouled before he gets up. This represents that the player has all his focus on injuring his opponent and just forgets to protect himself against a incoming fouler.

Sneaky Git:
in addition, this player cannot be sent off if the target of the foul is on the floor because he used Piling On.

Piling on now if you dare :evil:
Sheer genius. Which of course, means your suggestion will be ignored.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

When a player piles on the victim's coach receives a bribe (fluff: the ref closes an eye if the piler on is fouled in order to "even the things up", since piling on is not proper blocking).

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

[quote="Digger "Secretly a Timmy but doesn't realize it" Goreman"]I really think those who "fear"/"complain" are likely only looking to protect their Timmy status....
[/quote]

Or they don't have 90% of their roster protected by regen like some people. :roll: