Greater impact of sideline characters on kick-off

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Flabberghast
Rookie
Rookie

Greater impact of sideline characters on kick-off

Post by Flabberghast »

Hi talk fantasy football,

this idea grew from the observation that sideline characters (except the apoth) seem to seldom be bought (perhaps only symptomatic for our league) and that there seem to be some complaining about some kick-off events being too game changing. I figure that assistant coaches and cheerleaders are underrepresented because they don't have enough impact on the game (duh) and the kick-off events feel to powerfull because it's to hard to affect them (almost purely up to chance). SO, I figure, why don't have the sideline characters affect more of the kick-off events?

I don't think these ideas are *needed* in the sense that the kick-off events are broken or anything, but rather perhaps it would make it more fun?

Assistant coaches I guess should affect the game tactics on the pitch.
When a 10 is rolled on the kick-off table, a blitz does not automatically happen. Rather, the defending player (the one who may blitz) roll a d3 and adds the number of own assistant coaches and subtracts the number of opponents assistant coaches. If the roll, after adding/subtracting, is a 2 or more, a blitz occurs. If the result is a 1 nothing happens.

When a 4 is rolled, the defending player again rolls a d3 and adds/subtracts own/opponents assistant coaches. If a 2 or more is rolled, perfect defense occurs.

Cheerleaders I feel should affect events that concern the crowd.
When a 3 is rolled and a riot occurs, the turns are still moved backward/forward on receving turns 7 and receiving turn 0. However, in other cases both coaches roll a d6 and adds their number of cheerleaders. The player with the highest result can choose if the turns should be moved forward or backward.

For 11, Throw a Rock, number of cheerleaders and fame are added to the roll.

For 12, Pitch invasion, number of cheerleaders are added instead of FAME.

So, assistant coaches would affect two very important events and cheerleaders affect three less common events.

I don't know how this would affect team balance, for example orcs and undead probably have more left over cash to spend on sideline characters than say skaven or wood elves. Anyway, what do you think? Would it make people buy more sideline characters and perhaps make some kick-off events feel less overpowered because you can actually affect the results more.

Reason: ''
Bludbowler
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Greater impact of sideline characters on kick-off

Post by Bludbowler »

Roll 1D6 at the start of each half. If the roll is less than or equal to the number of assistant coaches on that team, the team gets one extra Team Reroll for that half.

anc001
Experienced
Experienced

Post by anc001 »

Get the ref could also be cheerleader-inspired.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

how about adding cheerleaders to the list of potential targets for the rock :D that could be a funny safety net. :lol: