PITBOWL!!! V0.8 rework - Feedback appreciated

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Brot
Rookie
Rookie

PITBOWL!!! V0.8 rework - Feedback appreciated

Post by Brot »

Here is a Ruleset of Pit Bowl which, as I see it, can be tested. Combined into a neat pdf :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Big Mill
Rookie
Rookie

Re: PITBOWL!!! (7s house rule set - WIP)

Post by Big Mill »

I like it. Have been looking for a solid 7's ruleset for a while now. This saves me from creating one.

The Kick Off table has been my biggest concern, but doing away with it completely, solves this problem quite simply.

Millsy

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Feedback from FUMBBL 7s...Lizardmen suck with halved positional limits.

They are normally 7 ST 4 players, and 4 ST 2, so 60%ish high strength on the pitch. With halved limits, they are 3 ST 4 and...4 ST 2. It makes a *huge* difference to the way they are played. Teams with easy access to MB/Tackle (such as Orcs) just blow them off the pitch. I've been trying to convince the 7s organisers for a while that they probably need an extra saurus or something.

Ullis
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ullis »

You're adding unnecessary complexity to the game with the injury table. -ST to either blocking or being blocked would still be a sackable offence in most cases but just makes it a lot harder to keep track of.

Also, kick off table is fun and it adds a layer of tactics to the game that you're taking away.

Brot
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Brot »

Here is the momentary ruleset (still unfinished). If you want you can take a look at it and give feedback.

A lot has changed. A lot of time has passed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

garion

Post by garion »

Hitonagashi wrote:Feedback from FUMBBL 7s...Lizardmen suck with halved positional limits.

They are normally 7 ST 4 players, and 4 ST 2, so 60%ish high strength on the pitch. With halved limits, they are 3 ST 4 and...4 ST 2. It makes a *huge* difference to the way they are played. Teams with easy access to MB/Tackle (such as Orcs) just blow them off the pitch. I've been trying to convince the 7s organisers for a while that they probably need an extra saurus or something.
does it really? it adds very little in the way of tactics imo, just absolute set up basics like 2 squares back from los to avoid quick snap blocks and anti blitz set up, but kick off offers a hell of a lot more in the way of game changing luck in one roll of the dice. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, but tactics I dont think so, not beyond the most basic of stuff.

Brot
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Brot »

After a while i found myself that something is missed when playing without kick-off results. :( As such i tried to tweak them. In addition, i thought it would be best to have no effect on 6-8 (which means around half the time it is just a normal kick off.

It is my impression that the most hated kickoff results are: Blitz, Perfect Defense and Pitch Invasion. Superannoying and sometimes outright depressing.

Brot
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Brot »

Ruleset posted in PDF.

Stuff to look into - Inducements have to be thought through again (glad for any tips and feedback here :D), Custom Injuries ok? -> or revert back to normal Injuries?, Team Rosters ok (with the Big Guys?)

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

garion wrote:
Hitonagashi wrote:Feedback from FUMBBL 7s...Lizardmen suck with halved positional limits.

does it really? it adds very little in the way of tactics imo, just absolute set up basics like 2 squares back from los to avoid quick snap blocks and anti blitz set up, but kick off offers a hell of a lot more in the way of game changing luck in one roll of the dice. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, but tactics I dont think so, not beyond the most basic of stuff.
Yeah, it does. It's like always running a team with all your skills on skinks..great until they evaporate. Without G access, there's no way of protecting the skinks, and since Elves are by far the dominant races in 7s, everyone carries block/tackle (with MB if they can).

You can get lucky with Lizardmen and win, especially once you have BT/MB on saurii, but you are playing a stunty-esque game, not a positional one.

Brot
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Brot »

I kind of switched on my position on Big Guys and think it is no problem at all to (since it is not the narrow Street Bowl field)
allow them.

I think this would help the Lizardmen greatly, since the Kroxigor is a relatively solid Big Guy.

I played a practice game recently and have to agree on the Lizzies in 7s, very precarious game. Sauri ended up in the KO box on multiple occasions, which was a catastrophe for the team.

[Every Team that has extremely weak Linemen is in danger of suffering from the different Lineman/Positional ratio]

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Is it really a problem if the normal tiers (and teams positions within those tiers) is given a shake up?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

Brot wrote:I kind of switched on my position on Big Guys and think it is no problem at all to (since it is not the narrow Street Bowl field)
allow them.

I think this would help the Lizardmen greatly, since the Kroxigor is a relatively solid Big Guy.

I played a practice game recently and have to agree on the Lizzies in 7s, very precarious game. Sauri ended up in the KO box on multiple occasions, which was a catastrophe for the team.

[Every Team that has extremely weak Linemen is in danger of suffering from the different Lineman/Positional ratio]

This was also a change the 7s leadership considered. I liked it for Lizardmen.

Brot
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Brot »

Will now upload the newest ruleset V0.5 - this I will probably playtest tomorrow.

I don't expect it to be a great problem, neither do i expect that everyone will run around with a Big Guy :D

1. The BB7s field is not as narrow as the Street Bowl pitch, which means it won't be that difficult to get around them.

2. Rerolls are extremely expensive - and its probably not best to risk them on Big Guys.

3. They are bumping your Team Value quite a lot.

Main question I have, what do you think is the best Inducement system for a 7s version? It's extremely hard to get it right, fun and also balanced in a way. Otherwise on of the following happens.

1. The inducements are too strong and everyone is min/maxing like hell.

2. The inducements are too weak and new teams don't stand a chance against grown ones.

AND/OR

3. The inducements are boring and people don't like them.

Brot
Rookie
Rookie

Re: PITBOWL!!! V0.8 rework - Feedback appreciated

Post by Brot »

BUMP! :D new version, hoping for feedback