Slannesh Roster

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Slannesh Roster

Post by Rolex »

I like very much the jump-up lineman idea, very fitting.

Demonettes with no hands make no sense.
If you look at the 5ed WFB and 6ed models, they have hands.
It looks quite obvious they can switch between hands and claws at whim.

I don't like the idea of a Fiend on the BB pitch. The background for the fiend states it is an instinctive predator, little more than an animal.
It fits on the pitch like a hound for the humans, a salamander for the lizardman or a hydra for DE.

The "no animals on the pitch" policy is one of thr things I like in the Khorne Roster.

I appreciate the feeling Greater Deamons don't belong to the pitch (I feel the same way), but if we consider the Khorne roster a fact, they do.
So Keeper I'm afraid. I would not go for HG as well.
I'd like 6528 Claw/Bonehead/Frenzy/Sure Feet/Sprint/Extra Arm
It is one of the fastest models in WFB it can be the fastest Big Guy.
I don't do cost becuse I haven't got the custon team rules here and I like doing it with maths.

Bye. :wink:

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

What about basing them on the Nurgle team model?

You’ve got the slaves as the basic fodder (I still think thy should be called Slave to Darkness) and a big guy so the daemonettes can be either the warrior or beastmen equivalent and all you’d need to do is add the slaanesh warriors or Slaangors.

I don’t think they’d be that broken if you give them some AG4 ball carriers as long as you make the rest of the team less bashy. Maybe aim them closer to the skaven team since we don’t have any other teams like that really. Mostly fast and with agile players but also with some nasty bash capability.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

spubbbba wrote:What about basing them on the Nurgle team model?

You’ve got the slaves as the basic fodder (I still think thy should be called Slave to Darkness) and a big guy so the daemonettes can be either the warrior or beastmen equivalent and all you’d need to do is add the slaanesh warriors or Slaangors.

I don’t think they’d be that broken if you give them some AG4 ball carriers as long as you make the rest of the team less bashy. Maybe aim them closer to the skaven team since we don’t have any other teams like that really. Mostly fast and with agile players but also with some nasty bash capability.
One of the most important rules in making custom teams is:

6) A team cannot have Agile player types and Blocker player types on the same roster.

So CW and guys with AG are a big no/no.
No team has it and I think it would be almost impossible to balance.

Fluffwise CW and daemons are now different races (They don't even live in the same plane of existence! :-? )
so I prefer to consider a Slaanesh DAEMONS team, with mortals kept at a minimum.

CW of the different powers can be rapresented by the Chaos Teams.
Nurgle is different. It's not a team of Nurgle believers, they are infected, so a different roster.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

as Spubbba says Slaves to Darkness is a great name for linemen so -

0-16 Slaves to darkness 6337 GM SAP 40k
0-4 Daemonettes 7347 Claw, Hypno, Regen, AG SPM 110k
0-1 Greater Daemon 7 5 3 8 Claw, Extra Arms, VLL, Leap, Loner, Bone Head, regen, 180k S GAPM
RR - 70k
Apo - no

Something like that as a starting point. Obviously a great roster but just a starting point.Fiends shouldnt be anywhere near the roster, animals are a big no.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

garion wrote:as Spubbba says Slaves to Darkness is a great name for linemen so -

0-1 Greater Daemon 7 5 3 8 Claw, Extra Arms, VLL, Leap, Loner, Bone Head, regen, 180k S GAPM
RR - 70k
Apo - no

Something like that as a starting point. Obviously a great roster but just a starting point.Fiends shouldnt be anywhere near the roster, animals are a big no.
four hypno with claw and no negatrait. very unbalanced in my view. I like the disturbing presence angle myself.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Rolex wrote:I like very much the jump-up lineman idea, very fitting.
Thanks, I think it would work really we in practice.
Rolex wrote:Demonettes with no hands make no sense.
If you look at the 5ed WFB and 6ed models, they have hands.
It looks quite obvious they can switch between hands and claws at whim.
I don't think it makes no sense, and I'd seen that some of the current plastics have hands. No previous editions did IIRC? Anyway, besides the point(s), which are :

1) A team cannot have agile players and strong players on the same team. No Hands is a way to allow the 6347 statline everyone seems to accept for Daemonettes.
2) A proper player with No Hands hasn't been seen before. No point designing a new roster if it going to be the same as the existing ones.
Rolex wrote:I don't like the idea of a Fiend on the BB pitch. The background for the fiend states it is an instinctive predator, little more than an animal.
It fits on the pitch like a hound for the humans, a salamander for the lizardman or a hydra for DE.
I completely agree, part of the reason my post ended there as it didn't feel right.
Rolex wrote:I appreciate the feeling Greater Deamons don't belong to the pitch (I feel the same way), but if we consider the Khorne roster a fact, they do.
So Keeper I'm afraid. I would not go for HG as well.
If we consider the Nurgle roster, they don't. Since only the Nurgle roster is official, I'll follow them. Also, why copy bad design in a roster you are just putting together for fun? This thread isn't going anywhere. :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
garion

Post by garion »

Heff wrote:
garion wrote:as Spubbba says Slaves to Darkness is a great name for linemen so -

RR - 70k
Apo - no

four hypno with claw and no negatrait. very unbalanced in my view. I like the disturbing presence angle myself.
Claw is crap on its own really. only good here with 2 doubles, hypno is obviously very good. I could drop that as it is Tzeentch's gift in Bloodbowl after all (see Eldril).

Also Av7 all round is never easy. It would work sort of like skaven I guess. 4 super stars and the rest scrubs. Though the Ag players would also be your blitzers.

But their negatrait is 70k RR cost, no apo for linemen and crappy linemen. I don't think that team would be too good. Would be interesting to try it out though.
Joemanji wrote: If we consider the Nurgle roster, they don't. Since only the Nurgle roster is official, I'll follow them. Also, why copy bad design in a roster you are just putting together for fun? This thread isn't going anywhere. :wink:
I think Nurgle roster is a little different though, it is more in line with a warriors of chaos Nurgle team, which you could do for each of the gods too.

I guess for Slaanesh you would have Slaanesh Warriors, Slaangors, Cutlists(or something) if following the nurgle model.

I do like the Jump Up idea though, it's quite fitting.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I like No Hands on Daemonettes - classic figs obviously didn't have hands, and as Joe said, it's not really something that's been done before on a "normal" player.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion

Post by garion »

I dunno, some of them have hands, and some of the art work too. I played with a no hands Deamonettes and they were terrible. It was impossible to skill them up, they were purely reliant on MVP and getting the occasion cas. Which is going to be very infrequent. I didnt manage a single one in 6 games.

I dont think 2 claws would stop them carrying the ball either really, though certainly would cause issues throwing etc.. shame there isnt a skill called cack handed or something lol.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

garion wrote:I played with a no hands Deamonettes and they were terrible. It was impossible to skill them up, they were purely reliant on MVP and getting the occasion cas. Which is going to be very infrequent. I didnt manage a single one in 6 games.
There are plenty of players that never touch the ball in BB (Saurus, BOBs) etc. Accepted they have ST4, but they don't have Claw.

garion

Post by garion »

Joemanji wrote:
garion wrote:I played with a no hands Deamonettes and they were terrible. It was impossible to skill them up, they were purely reliant on MVP and getting the occasion cas. Which is going to be very infrequent. I didnt manage a single one in 6 games.
There are plenty of players that never touch the ball in BB (Saurus, BOBs) etc. Accepted they have ST4, but they don't have Claw.

Yup but they have St access so once they get MB they are away. Also St4 means getting blocks in is easy and they also have Av9 so dont die too often. I just think getting deamonettes any skills is a really tough ask for an all st3 av7 team. It will be even tougher when you have a developed team and lose one too, getting that rookie a few skills quickly will be really hard work.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

It's a shame we don't have a split between Cool and Agility. They'd be a prime candidate for (say) AG2 for ball handling only.

But as I say, we have plenty of AG4 players who skill up at will. The game isn't crying out for any more of them.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Joemanji wrote: A proper player with No Hands hasn't been seen before.
What, Unicorns don't exist?

Smeborg the Fleshless
garion

Post by garion »

Joemanji wrote:It's a shame we don't have a split between Cool and Agility. They'd be a prime candidate for (say) AG2 for ball handling only.

But as I say, we have plenty of AG4 players who skill up at will. The game isn't crying out for any more of them.
Yeah, I wish Cool would be brought back, it would open up so many more possibilities for team creation and player development.

I agree we don't need any more ag4 players in the game which is why adding Slaanesh probably wouldnt be too beneficial to the game really. But if you are doing the roster obviously ag4 is a must, but I don't get the no hands thing. It's just too much of a handicap, especially for a team with no good players other than the Deamonettes. Plus lots of Daemonettes do have hands and even those with two claws would still be able to carry the ball easily. Also what happens if they have no hands and you give them Extra Arms?

kerrygray8
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kerrygray8 »

For this hypothetical roster perhaps Daemonettes don't need to be AG4?

In the limited parameters of BB, AG3 is already used to represent a fairly wide variety of 'dextrous ability' - Halflings, Slann Linemen, Skaven Linemen, Dwarf Blitzers, etc. Thus, why not have Daemonettes as AG3 and have them in the roster as players who can develop into ball-handling Blitzers. For example:

7 3 3 8 Claw, Disturbing Presence GA (SP)

Here, the 'Agility' of the Daemonettes is initially represented in the M stat, and subsequently through acquiring AG skills. Keeps their starting cost down too.

This also allows a roster spot for (for example) ST4 Chaos Warriors, without transgressing the "no AG4 and ST4 in the same roster" rule.

As an aside, does anyone else think it seems wrong to allow Daemonettes / Bloodletters / Horrors / Plaguebearers to have Mutations? I can't imagine a Bloodletter with 2 heads; or a Daemonette with 4 arms...... maybe some leeway with the Plaguebearers.....

I've always imagined these 4 creatures to be set 'templates' that are churned out en masse by the 4 gods........they are almost 'Mutations' in and of themselves in a sense............. just a thought!