Alien abduction.... [Grey Alien roster]

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

kerrygray8
Rookie
Rookie

Alien abduction.... [Grey Alien roster]

Post by kerrygray8 »

An idea for a roster for little grey men.....

The BB world thinks they are just another sort of faerie / sprite, but these devious interstellar visitors are here to 'research' the BB world by abducting unsuspecting folk and dissecting cows! A few Greys have extended their 'field research' to some hands-on investigation of the strange phenomenon known as Bloodbowl.

Some basic premises:
1) Relatively decent AV due to tough alien fabrics / fibres
2) Stunty as they are only little / skinny guys and break easy once you are through their tough alien fabrics!
3) Mostly ST 2 as they don't generally lead a very 'physical' existence

0-16 Grunts 6 2 3 8 Stunty GA (SP)
The basic Grey, known for loitering around farms at night and suddenly appearing at windows...

0-2 Psionicists 6 2 3 8 Stunty, Disturbing Presence, Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration GP (AS)
Greys with strange mental powers (Domination, Self-Healing, etc), which they tend to focus on above their physical capabilities. P skill access is for telekinetically moving the ball :)

0-2 Medics 6 2 3 8 Stunty, Disturbing Presence, Stab, Regeneration GA (SP)
The ones with the probes.... (hence 'Disturbing Presence'!)

0-2 Scientists 6 3 3 8 Stunty, Wrestle GS (AP)
These guys are in charge of abductions and playing with massive death rays. They tend to be stronger than others of their kind due to carrying heavy gizmos and dragging abductees away from their beds!

0-1 Leader 6 3 3 9 Stunty, Leader, Regeneration GA (SP)
Every group of Greys needs a Leader, so that people can be taken to it. The top Grey has the best Alien tech available to the discerning intergalactic BB player (hence, AV9 and Regeneration).

Things I found hard to decide:
1) 0-2 Scientists or 0-4? Maybe 0-4 and drop Medics entirely....
2) Wanted lots of Disturbing Presence, but then realised its effect is stacking PER PLAYER with it - thus, whole team of Disturbing Presence probably not viable!
3) Not sure about appropriate Skills access. It feels like they should be able to develop in an Agility type way, but shouldn't start with any Agility skills. Not sure any - even Scientists - should have Strength access except on a double.
4) No idea if the team is in any way playable / balanced! It was really an exercise in representing MY interpretation of Greys! :)

Comments welcome :D

Reason: ''
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Re: Alien abduction.... [Grey Alien roster]

Post by Smurf »

Don't use the word psionicist. It's so bad.

Psis
Psykers
Psychics
Mind Meddlers
Brain Melters
Telepaths

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

as much as I like a Stunty with ST3 (it's different), with A/G access they are pretty nifty blodger who can sneak into a cage and wrestle the ball very easily. Usually the ST2 makes it highly unreliable.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Read this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38335
Can't be bothered to do the maths, but you team already breaks a few rules (AV8 Stunty, ST3 Stunty) and is undercosted (you get a goblin with +1AV and G access for no extra cost).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Darkson wrote:Read this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38335
Can't be bothered to do the maths, but you team already breaks a few rules (AV8 Stunty, ST3 Stunty) and is undercosted (you get a goblin with +1AV and G access for no extra cost).
Goblin without agility

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The grunts have GA access.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
kerrygray8
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kerrygray8 »

Ah! My thread lives! :D

I have only ever designed two rosters - this one and a mixed race one. In both cases I used the team design 'rules' as a guide, but in both cases I decided to shamelessly break the rules! :wink:

In both cases, my reasons for creating the rosters were model-driven - the mixed race roster as I had a bunch of spare figures and we needed one more team for our TT league; and the Greys roster as I'd bought some cool Grey Alien minis (Zombiesmith) and wanted to field them as a BB team (and not a 'counts as' Stunty team as I already have more than one of each Stunty team..........).

Oh, for context, our TT league is just 'me and my mate' running a total of 34 teams between us :D

So, with the mixed race roster I created a team that could start with 2 ST4 players and 2 AG4 players (*gasp* Burn the Heretic!! Everyone has Loner though, and over 2 seasons of TT they have pretty much a 0.500 win / loss rate); and with the Grey Alien roster I knew that AV8 plus Stunty wasn't 'allowed' but I thought "you know what, I don't care - AV8 plus Stunty (without Dodge) sounds interesting". It IS interesting; and the team is crap. :D

So this is really just a knockabout house rule roster for 'me and my mate's tabletop league'. I know its a far from perfect roster but it will do for me. I've no doubt that it could be heavily abused if someone was so inclined...... but I'm not inclined, so I won't in our league (and I'm probably not a shrewd enough coach to exploit it anyway!). Anyone else is most welcome to mould / cannibalise it into something 'legal' if the concept interests them though :D