Mighty of the Cathay Empire (A Cathay Roster)

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Mighty of the Cathay Empire (A Cathay Roster)

Post by legowarrior »

Chris wrote:
legowarrior wrote:One idea for the monks would be to give them Dauntless, Grab and Side Step. It would represent the Monks ability to throw opponents and his own ability to land where he thinks is best.
This sort of thing is more interesting. But you could go further
6/3/4/7 Wrestle, Grab A/GSP 90k? (Or higher?)
I would have thought AV 8 too high for a monk, the skills above show them moving people around and having only A access controls their development somewhat.

But as has been pointed out above min maxing should always be a concern. Anyway is Cathy supposed to be more Japan than china in the WFB 1980's view of the world?
Shouldn't think so. Hence why sumo is out of place. Monks is a very generic term though, and seem to be every in the eastern mythology.

Reason: ''
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I thought I would post the changes from the first post here as well. I hope there will be more comments and discussions.
legowarrior wrote:NEW STUFF
So, I've taken the ideas of others into account and I've made changes to everything. The Empire of Cathay is far to the east (but not across any seas, we don't want to confuse it Nippon, so no Sumo or Ninjas). Like other nations of this world, the Empire is involved in Blood Bowl, but unlike other nations, the sport is tightly controlled by the Dynasty and so Blood Bowl is only played by those that pass rigorous physical and mental tests, as well as they loyalty to the Empire and the Emperor. At times, the lure of Blood Bowl is so strong that even students and young monks from distant monasteries are drawn in to play for sponsored teams. With a level of professionalism not seen in many other teams, (and cash) these teams play hard, with each team member playing a part in getting victory. Many of the positional have Pass Access, so any player could develop into a throw, and with many positionals starting with Nerves of Steel, picking up the ball when surrounded by opponents is an option, as is throwing that ball out of the same situation.
0-16 Linesman 60k 6 / 3 / 3 / 8 Nerves of Steel, GP/AS
0-2 Runner 80k 7 / 3 / 3 / 7 Dump-Off, Nerves of Steel, GAP/S
0-4 Blitzer 90k 6 / 3 / 3 / 9 Block, Nerves of Steel, GSP/A
0-2 Monk 100k 6 / 3 / 4 / 7 Dauntless, Jump Up, Thick Skull, GA/SP
Rerolls - 50k

Starting Team Examples
4 Linesmen
1 Runner
4 Blitzers
2 Monks
2 Rerolls
Total Cost 980k, with 20k in the bank for future purchases.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Shades of bretonnia, another master race.... :roll:

And overtly fluff driven.... :?:

I'ma pressin' the red button, nuken it and out of here!
mushroomcloud.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Digger Goreman wrote:Shades of bretonnia, another master race.... :roll:

And overtly fluff driven.... :?:

I'ma pressin' the red button, nuken it and out of here!
mushroomcloud.jpg
Do you ever say anything worth while or remotely accurate? :lol: