Adding more variety to skill selection

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Adding more variety to skill selection

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Its actually advantageous to teams that start with a lot of basic skills like Dwarves, Orcs, Norse and Amazons - and is hard on sides like Chaos, Nurgle and High Elves.

It might work if you applied it to the 2nd skill onwards.

Reason: ''
minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

The best idea that should be ported in straight away though is on a double you can pick two standard skills or one non standard skill :)

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Excellent plan: CPOMB and block on Chaos players by 16SPP one time in 36...

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

dode74 wrote:Excellent plan: CPOMB and block on Chaos players by 16SPP one time in 36...
block-mightyblow on first level
claw-pillonon on second
tackle-juggernaut on 3rd
Then
why not some grab and/or multipleblock on 4st, if you consider you don't kill enough player. :smoking:

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

dode74 wrote:Excellent plan: CPOMB and block on Chaos players by 16SPP one time in 36...
I can see it being a common problem then. Of course not going for +1 str, so in fact roughly 1 in 52... Still common :).

But yes it does highlight popular combo's/skills.

As a quick change for a short, say 10 game league, or as an addition to a league that has been running for a long time with a lot of highly skilled players and a few rookies, I think it is good.

If you wanted it in any other sort of league then you would probably want to look at the skills and see what would be changed. Would be interesting to combine with the other skill ideas in the thread.

Alternatively have a table of 'double skills' which are choices you can take on a double if you don't want the normal any choice from skill category's you are normally allowed to access. Stuff like Kick + Kick off return, shadowing + pass block, hail mary pass + safe throw, strong arm + thick skull, disturbing presence + foul appearance.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Chris wrote:
I can see it being a common problem then. Of course not going for +1 str, so in fact roughly 1 in 52... Still common :).

But yes it does highlight popular combo's/skills.

As a quick change for a short, say 10 game league, or as an addition to a league that has been running for a long time with a lot of highly skilled players and a few rookies, I think it is good.

If you wanted it in any other sort of league then you would probably want to look at the skills and see what would be changed. Would be interesting to combine with the other skill ideas in the thread.

Alternatively have a table of 'double skills' which are choices you can take on a double if you don't want the normal any choice from skill category's you are normally allowed to access. Stuff like Kick + Kick off return, shadowing + pass block, hail mary pass + safe throw, strong arm + thick skull, disturbing presence + foul appearance.
Things seem to have got a bit confused with Bud's necroing of this thread, but I did cover that somewhat in my original post.

The idea was to have both carrot and stick, so overused skills like block, dodge and the CPOMB combo get more expensive in TV, whilst the weaker ones get cheaper and I did float an idea of linked combos that let you take 2 average skills (that have some connection) at once.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Yes, shamelessly stolen... I do think a more simple implementation is just get a double, have option of getting one of the following combos if you are normally eligible for the skill. No need to special price it as you are getting to have a player with an extra skill and the 10k discount wouldn't mean much to min maxers anyway and to others wouldn't be an incentive.