Centaur team (not Bull Centaur)

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Centaur team (not Bull Centaur)

Post by celticgriffon »

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried to develop/work on a team built around Centaurs?

I think it could be a fun build/concept.

Cheers,
Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Brot
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Centaur team (not Bull Centaur)

Post by Brot »

What would be for you the basic idea of a Centaur?

Mv 6, Sprint & Sure Feet, but St 3?

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

There was one in the old Blood Bowl magazine articles, it featured gnomes that could ride on the centaurs backs. Can't remember too much about it, only saw the article briefly.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

inkpwn wrote:There was one in the old Blood Bowl magazine articles, it featured gnomes that could ride on the centaurs backs. Can't remember too much about it, only saw the article briefly.
? I cant remember that, which mag it was in? I'd like to see that team. I don't get Gnomes riding on the back of Centaurs though, thats a pretty strange mishmash or races and also goes agaisnt the no steeds rule.

Brot
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Brot »

There is a Beastman Roster on the BABBL site http://www.brisbane.bloodbowlleague.com/?p=tl. Seems a bit centaurish :D

edit: the centagor, i mean.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

garion wrote:
inkpwn wrote:There was one in the old Blood Bowl magazine articles, it featured gnomes that could ride on the centaurs backs. Can't remember too much about it, only saw the article briefly.
? I cant remember that, which mag it was in? I'd like to see that team. I don't get Gnomes riding on the back of Centaurs though, thats a pretty strange mishmash or races and also goes agaisnt the no steeds rule.
It was in a pretty early citadel journal if memory serves, the team was called “Forest Folk”.

Why they chose some obscure races that hadn’t really been in fantasy for years over all the other missing races I have no idea. There were some complicated rules that allowed the gnomes to hitch a ride on the back of the centaurs.

Was the no steeds rule even in older fluff? I’m always hesitant to count “Did you knows?” as cannon since often they are just throw away jokes that will twist the fluff in all sorts of directions as long as it suits the punchline.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
garion

Post by garion »

IIRC No steeds was from he plays like a daemon, about the bloodletter team that rode on juggernaut. I think this was after the fluff you mention.

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

To be honest, I was thinking of just a pure centaur team (not included as part of a beastman roster). Back in 3rd edition WFB Centaurs were not really part of the beastman group. In my mind they don't really fit properly. I guess the link is that in the GW world they were seen as a chaotic group.

To be honest, I don't understand a gnomish/centaur connection either... lol

I really enjoy the centaur models (Chaos Dwarf bull and non aligned) that GW and other companies have been putting out as of late. I think they are great and another big guy option (which has some fun character) might be neat. Confrontation / Rackham (RIP) also did some pretty wicked centaur models as well.

Perhaps having the opposing team be able to jump on and tame the centaur (biting his ear???) might be a funnier option... ;p

And once we get Centaurs worked out properly the next logical evolution will be to re-introduce Zoats (which is likely my final destination). :)

Michael

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

So I checked out the Brisbane Beastman roster. It looks pretty fun imo.

Here is what they posted as a Centigor (i.e. GW centaur) stat line:
M S A AV
0-2 Centagor 7 3 3 8 Frenzy, Horns, Sprint, Wild Animal GS APM 110 kgp

In 3rd edition WFB here was the stat line:

M S T W
8 4 3 2

According to mythology centaurs were typically representative of the dark and unruly nature of human nature. They were often drunken followers and given to riotous behaviour. Centaurs often represented blind and brute force.

But there was also one centaur, Chiron, who was the tutor to several heroes, including Achilles. And even Zeus knew of the wisdom of Chiron - for he might even have the wisdom to teach Achilles himself to cheat death...

CS Lewis depicted the centaur as an honorable creature - faithful to Aslan. They were gifted at stargazing, prophecy, healing, and warfare.

Perhaps a lineman could be represented by a harpy or satyr? :)

Cheers,
Michael