Odd concept... trying not to ott but a different angle.

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

I had an RPG with an alien lizard race (humanoid).

So I though of a the basics, psychic, fast and a tail.

Catcher 0-4: 90K GA
Hypnotic Gaze, Leap, Long Legs, Prehensile Tail

Throwers 0-2: 70K GAP
Hypnotic Gaze, Big Hand, Long Legs, Prehensile Tail

Line 0-16: 60K GA
Hypnotic Gaze, Prehensile Tail, Long Legs

Blitzers 0-2: 70K GAS
7247 0-2:
Hypnotic Gaze, Prehensile Tail, Long Legs, Fend

Reroll 50K

2 Blitzers 140K
2 Catchers 180K
1 Thrower 70K
7 Line 420K

2 rerolls and apoth

When I get enough models with tails on I may try it out.

Reason: ''
The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Re: Odd concept... trying not to ott but a different angle.

Post by Don__Vito »

16 AG4 players with Hypno Gaze? Most ridiculous roster suggestion ever. And I include the Space Marine suggestion with that...

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

:o

Oh this isn't over powered in the slightest. Are you sure you don't want to spam blodge while you're at it? :smoking:

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Wowsers...

Don and Burgun aren't mucking about, these guys are off the charts. They even have universal blodge access to mitigate their one weakness.

Prehensile tail doesn't interact well with the other skills and I can't see that they're even really paying for it, despite its stack power (total nightmare for any stunty side). Leap + VLL infinges the Slann USP and when comboed with Big Hand(!!!!) is absolutely crazy broken.

Why not approach it from a slightly different angle? Go with the psychic thing, sure, but not hypno (it's nuts). Try and use skills that tie into the theme of knowing your opponent's move, such as a thrower with Kick Off Return, and perhaps a player with Side Step.

Spam Pass Block, why not :)

0-16 Lineman G/ASP 6338 Pass Block, VLL 60k
0-2 Thrower GP/AS 6338 KOR, Pass Block, VLL 80k
0-4 Catcher GA/SP 7247 Catch, Pass Block, VLL 90k
0-2 Blitzer GS/AP 6338 Fend, Sidestep, Pass Block, VLL 100k

RR 50k

(Though the word play of:
Lineman - Pass Block, VLL
Thrower - Pass, Pass Block, VLL
Blitzer - Pass Block, Block, VLL
Appeals to me greatly)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Well the idea was they are all ST2 and need Hypno to even try and get 2d blocks.

Of course the irony of the entire team having PB means no one will pass against them. It would be funny if it happened and loads of players moved all over the place.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Smurf wrote:Of course the irony of the entire team having PB means no one will pass against them. It would be funny if it happened and loads of players moved all over the place.
Sure - I haven't given this much thought TBH, I'm purely responding to your concept but I can see it being worth exploring. Nurgle already passively discourage passing and then bring the bash - a spam pass block team that can pull off 4+ intercepts and actively hunt opposing throwers is a bit of a new direction, and I guess implies a pretty high level of psychic activity. Probably room for shadowing on there, too.

I guess my thinking is that if you're going to try something out new, it's good to look for the skills that are rarely (or only situationally) taken and try to find them a home. Pass Block and Shadowing are perfect examples of this, as Fend and Kick Off return to a lesser extent.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Incidentally - probably my favourite ever new concept was one reposted about six months ago by Smeborg, whom himself had (iirc) heard it in a pub. Basically, it's purely 0-16 linemen, and every player has TTM and right stuff. That's it. Inspired :)

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Exists already in the FUMBBL Stunty division. The Horrors of Tzeentch team has...

0-16 Horrors. 4 2 3 7 Dodge, Jump Up, Regeneration, Right Stuff, Stunty, Throw Team Mate!

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Smurf wrote:Well the idea was they are all ST2 and need Hypno to even try and get 2d blocks.

Of course the irony of the entire team having PB means no one will pass against them. It would be funny if it happened and loads of players moved all over the place.

Honestly, I completely missed the ST2 as I was too enamored with the rest of the awesome. That does actually help balance it back out some, but I'm not sure it still isn't overpowered.

Also - I'm not sure how effective it is to use a bunch of guys with pass block as you can still only pick one to intercept. Therefore it would have to be a repositioning strategy which I haven't been able to give it enough thought yet to make a valid comment on. :P