Blood Bowl Draft

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

necromancer

Blood Bowl Draft

Post by necromancer »

With the PBEM client you can do a lot of customization.

So my idea is to do a Draft. Put all the positions on a list and draft the positions.

A roster must have:
Positions

0-2 Blitzers
0-2 Blockers
0-2 Catchers
0-2 Throwers/Runners/Special Players
0-16 Linemen
0-1 Big guy

Some kind of Team Cap (maybe just use spiraling exp.)

Trading after each round. (Just 1 player from each, highest bid)

What do you guys think?

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Blood Bowl Draft

Post by dode74 »

You'll need to define some of the players. What are Wardancers? Are Dwarf/CD Blockers really linemen? Are Mummies and TGs big guys? That kind of thing.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I think you’d probably need to find some sort of theme as well to make teams suitably interesting.

If it is a true free for all then you risk teams ending up all being rather bland and samey. All teams will take an AG4 player to be the ball carrier for instance, if you get gutter runners or elven catchers you really don’t need throwers.

The blitzers/blockers will be made up of bashy players, ideally with mutation access and good armour too.

You can make interesting mixed teams by following the Underworld or Chaos Pact route. Combine 2 teams that fit together (humans and flings for instance 0-16 flings, 0-2 throwers, 0-2 linemen, 0-2 blitzers and 0-1 treeman). If they risk being 2 powerful then bung in some animosity or in the instance above give the treeman back loner.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

what I would take

0-2 Blitzers Orc Blitzers
0-2 Blockers Beastmen
0-2 Catchers Gutter Runners
0-2 Throwers/Runners/Special Players high elf throwers
0-16 Linemen chaos dwarfs
0-1 Big guy Beast of Nurgle

necromancer

Post by necromancer »

Yes you need to define. WD are blitzers and Witch Elf, Troll Slayers are special players.

Everybody will pick AG4 catchers and bash blitzers. But they will be different races.

@DixonCider

Yes, that is your dream team. But somebody might pick the position before you? That is the fun part. :D

Beastmen are not blockers and CD are not linemen btw

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

necromancer wrote:Yes you need to define. WD are blitzers and Witch Elf, Troll Slayers are special players.

Everybody will pick AG4 catchers and bash blitzers. But they will be different races.

@DixonCider

Yes, that is your dream team. But somebody might pick the position before you? That is the fun part. :D

Beastmen are not blockers and CD are not linemen btw
awww. they would swap and fill the positions though :p

what would you take?

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

How many players are you thinking? < 10 players and people taking the ideal before you doesn't really matter:

1) You need a killer. This can occupy your Blocker or Blitzer position effectively. Your choices are Underworld Storm Vermin/Chaos Warrior/Nurgle Warrior/Beastman/Chaos Dwarf Blocker/Pestigor/Pact Marauder/Skaven Blitzer. You could also technically use a Werewolf in the catcher position and make more killers. This means that I've got 10 picks to go in the 'basher/blitzer' slot before I run out of players that can easily stack clawbomb/tackle. If this does happen, it's a pain, but then I can fall back to the multitude of good blitzers from other races (Human/Orc/Saurus/Norse/Undead)

2) You need a catcher. Pretty much any AG 4 player can be used for this. This gives you the entire positional content of 4 elf teams, + the pact elf, and a gutter runner, and slann catchers.

3) You could do with AV 9 holdups. That 'just' leaves you the entire Dwarf/Orc team, most of the Chaos Dwarf team, Saurii.

As Spubbba says, you need around 10-15 players before you see any sort of customisation away from Clawbomb + Agility runner + fodder build.

necromancer

Post by necromancer »

I was thinking of 12+ coach tournament/league. This is meant to be PBEM.
(If you were less you could always do some restrictions)

Are you guys so sure everybody will build the same setup? You could go for bashing blockers and Wardancer blitzers. What do you pick first?
Linemen: Beastman, Dwarf Blocker? (not sure they will be line)
Blitzers: Bull Centaur or Wardancer?
Blockers: Nurgle Warrior, Flesh Golem?
"Big Guys": Kroxigor, Warpstone Troll, Beast of Nurgle? (or the Bloodthirster from the Khorne team.... :roll: )
Catcher: Gutter Runner, Elf Catcher
Special: Thrower, Werewolf or something exotic like Fanatic or Assassin?

I forgot to mention the brilliant Narrow Tier Rules should be used so CPOMB is toned down. 8)

To add even more fun you could roll 1 skill for each position and give the player a name.

I could put up a list if anybody would like to do a Draft just for fun. :D

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

necromancer - if you've not already, maybe listen to this?

http://threedieblock.libsyn.com/three-d ... tasy-draft

My one comment on the 3DB draft system is that I think it would have been good to continue until all players were drafted. Still, it sounds like really good fun and outlines some great selection strategy - the lonerless Ogre (from the Ogre roster) pickup in particular is inspired!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
necromancer

Post by necromancer »

Thanks, listening now. Great fun. Thanks a lot, actually that might work better.

My one comment on the 3DB draft system is that I think it would have been good to continue until all players were drafted. Still, it sounds like really good fun and outlines some great selection strategy - the lonerless Ogre (from the Ogre roster) pickup in particular is inspired!
So they should draft more than 16 players each?

Taking the Vampire was quite risky, you can only get 1 thrall :lol:

the.tok
Veteran
Veteran

Post by the.tok »

It was defined before the draft that vampire could feed on any non-regen player ;)

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Blood Bowl Draft

Post by Shteve0 »

Yeah, up to 16 players, and up to their budget cap (I think they had a budget cap, right?). Though in truth I don't remember how many player types were left, I felt like some of the participants might have been able to use them.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
necromancer

Post by necromancer »

Ah I missed that part. Makes perfectly sense.

I also like the part where one of the guys wants to draft the Dark Elf Blitzer. It is gone, so he picks the Human Blitzer. Next in line pick the High Elf Blitzer. :lol: I know, he is not as cool looking but he got the same stats.

If any of you guys would like to do the same kind of draft please put your name in this post.

Just for the fun of it. 8)

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

It's not so much the same setup as the same build.

What I meant was that for example:
Any AG 4 player is better than an AG 3 player at being your ball handler (and your catcher if applicable).
Any GSM player is better than a GS player at being your blitzer (and certainly better than a GA player).
Any AV 9 player is better than an AV 8 player at soaking up hits.

Combine these three with the fact that there is a plethora of options for each type, and in a 10-12 player league, everyone will have the choice of one of those types for one of those positions.

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

where would Werewolves fit into the types of players? Maybe running GR's, WW's, and Centaurs would be the most interesting way to run this team