A second apothecary?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

A second apothecary?

Post by dode74 »

I'm not stating a position here or anything, just wondering what the great BB minds we have here think would happen were teams allowed to roster 0-2 apothecaries at 50k each, or even at 50k for the first and more for the second.

Reason: ''
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Re: A second apothecary?

Post by Hitonagashi »

The world would collapse under a rebellion from all the coaches that like playing Regen based teams.

Or, teams with multiple cool players would get slightly better than they are already and everyone else probably wouldn't be affected that much.

One of the two.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

counter that with regen on a 3+... maybe although this sounds like a house rule in need of testing

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

voyagers_uk wrote:counter that with regen on a 3+... maybe although this sounds like a house rule in need of testing

DOWNVOTE x Infinity

;)

Regen is already gross enough as is, no need to make it stronger.

"Never trust the Manlings."
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I suspect it would see more of an in game effect than first assumptions.

At the moment Apoths are, generally, reserved for a rainy day - they're insurance against that ocassional major hurt delivered against your top, skilled positionals. Double rostered apoth on a developed team would allow you both to save one for a rainday *and* guarantee you can set up that BH wardancer/gutter runner/whatever for the very next drive once per game on top of that.

I'd say if you doubled apoth allowance to slow long term injuries you'd need to counter with an adverse in game effect - perhaps remove the "if either result is a BH" full recovery rule and cut it back to a KO.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Under lrb4 I’d say that had some merit, but apoths were much better back then so probably still a bit broken.

But you can already have a 2nd or 3rd apoth (or 1 regen re-roll if you are undead or rotting) by spending inducement or your own money.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I know you can induce one. I'm talking about rostering one.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

elf talk....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I'd like to see what Heff would have to say about a dwarf team with two apos.

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Since apos are pretty terrible in CRP I wouldn't have a problem with it. With some teams I don't think they are worth their cost anyway. like Flings, Gobos, Vamps and Ogres (though i usually part with the cash and take the tv hit anyway).

A better house rule would be to make apothecarys on par with regen again (taking in to account their costs etc...). At the moment the balance there feels completely out of wack to me, and I have heard many other seasoned coaches complaining of the same...

I don't think it needs to go back to LRB4. But maybe -

ko - auto work and stay on field
BH - auto work and go to reserves
SI - 2+ and reserves
kill - 3+ and reserves

That would also do away with the stupidity of having a broken leeg, using the apo, and ending up with gouged eye.