Hobgoblin Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Hobgoblin Team

Post by DeathGlam »

Hey guys, just wanted to share my first draft of a Hobgoblin team for you to rip to shreds(help me with) as another player i know loves them but has found taking just the Hobgoblins from the CD team is very boring for him and opponents, right here goes......

0-16 / Lineman / 40,000gc / 6,3,3,7 / None / G / ASP

0-2 / Kicker / 70,000gc / 6,3,3,7 / Dirty Player & Kick / GP / AS

0-4 / Blitzer / 80,000gc / 6,3,3,8 / Block / GS / AP

0-2 / Sneaky Git / 100,000gc / 6,3,3,7 / Side Step, Sneaky Git & Stab / GA / SP

0-1 / Ogre / 140,000gc / 5,5,2,9 / Bone-head, Mighty Blow & Thick Skull / S / GAP

0-1 / Wolf Rider / 150,000gc / 6,3,4,8 / Leap, Sprint, Sure Feet, Wild Animal / GA / SP

Re-rolls - 70,000gc

Star Players - Grashnak Blackhoof, Hthark the Unstoppable, Morn 'n' Thorg, Rashnak Bbackstabber, Zzharg Madeye & Brick Far'th & Grotty

So that is my very rough draft to capture the spirit of Hobgoblins, thanks for any help, no matter how brutal. :D

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Hobgoblin Team

Post by Shteve0 »

I reckon that's too many positionals you have there; it's possible to field only one lineman on your first drive, which I reckon to be too few. Also, 0-4 blitzers seems a couple too many. Just curious, why the ogre and not a troll?

I think Pitch Invader has a hob roster somewhere. Have you seen that?

http://laughingferret.blogspot.co.nz/20 ... m.html?m=1

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Hobgoblin Team

Post by DeathGlam »

Yes agreed that i should drop the Blitzer number down.

The Ogre or Troll debate came down to location, with the Ogre Kingdoms being so close to the Hobgoblin and Chaos Dwarf empire's, as i planned to go with a Troll at the start.

I did have a look at other Hobgoblin teams but couldnt really find what i was looking for, as me and my friends image of the Hobgoblins is of their untrustworthy nature, so the way we see things is that they are the most likely of any team to use every underhand tactic to injure the opposing players.

So i like the idea of the Kicker as the Agility type player as he is good at Kicking the ball and any players head that is near to the ground. :D

Id also really like to get people's view on the Wolf Rider as that was a late edition to my draft as an attempt to give the team something very unique but at the same time very Hobgoblin themed.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Cool, fair enough, though you've not given your kicker GA access?

The Wolf rider is massively overcosted (by about 50k), and the wild animal is crippling for a ball carrier.

Incidentally, according to the fluff, mounts are banned in blood bowl... something to do with a group of bloodletters once riding juggernauts onto the pitch and killing everyone. Don't let that stop you of course, but just letting you know :)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

ok thanks, i will scrap the Wolf Rider then, as really trying to be a fluffy team and the Kicker thing is a typing mistake on my part. :oops:

Thanks for the help, im new to all this and just thought id try and help a mate out, so he can have the Hobgoblin team of his dreams :D

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Hobgoblin Team

Post by Shteve0 »

Cool, no worries. In retrospect, if you're going to drop the wolf, maybe you would be okay leaving the blitzers at 0-4... If your mate is new to the game, this roster is likely to take a bit of a battering from most teams and they'll need all the staying power they can get!

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

I have had a quick search online and I cant find it but I am sure there was rules or at least fluff for a hobgoblin team way back in 2nd edition (maybe even first edition). Their helmets were orange (I think) with a badly drawn cross on the side of them. The fluff was they were so stupid the best name they could come up with was "The Hobgoblin Team" and the only thing they could draw for a team symbol was a badly drawn cross. Might have been a white dwarf supplement or something like that.

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

Ok yeah maybe i will keep the Blitzer at 0-4, might consider leaving the Kicker with Passing skill options to, as that way he can develop as the passer of the team if he wants to go that way and give more variety to the team.

Cheers will have to see if anyone in my local BB group has a copy of that fluff, sounds really fun.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Good memory, Toffer!

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

Like a steel trap mate.......now where did I put my keys?

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

Thanks for that really brilliant :D

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Shteve0 wrote:Incidentally, according to the fluff, mounts are banned in blood bowl... something to do with a group of bloodletters once riding juggernauts onto the pitch and killing everyone. Don't let that stop you of course, but just letting you know :)
This blurb was in Blood Bowl Magazine #1 which introduced the 4th edition rules. It was under the did you know after the Lizardmen, Norse or Skaven rosters (can't remember which).

Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Surely the roster should be either

0-16 hobgoblins

or

0-16 hobgoblins
0-4 Dirty Gitz (Hobgoblins starting with DP)
0-4 Sneaky gitz (Hobgoblins starting with SG)

:)

Saying that I do like some of your ideas, bar the wolf... What about dropping your blitzers as they sound far too good

0-16 hobgoblins
0-4 Big Dirty Gitz (Hobgoblins starting with DP and GS access)
0-4 Sneaky gitz (Hobgoblins starting with SG, stab and GA access)

No idea about big guys though. A minotaur? 'Cause he is expensive?

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Chris wrote: 0-16 hobgoblins
0-4 Big Dirty Gitz (Hobgoblins starting with DP and GS access)
0-4 Sneaky gitz (Hobgoblins starting with SG, stab and GA access)

No idea about big guys though. A minotaur? 'Cause he is expensive?
I like it quite much. It is very very close to BB fluff for hobgoblins as I see it.
I dislike deeply the idea of a wolf rider or any other cavalry on the pitch.
I prefer a Troll as a big guy. The hobgoblin team should be one of the most stupid teams.
So a Troll fits more than a Ogre IMO.
And CD could have a troll once, so it fits even better.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

My, uh, stab at it:

0-16 Hobgoblins
0-2 Goblins
0-2 Sneaks 7337 Sneaky Git GA 70k
0-2 Gits 6337 Shadowing, Stab GA 70k
0-2 Blitzers 7338 Block GS 90k
0-1 Ogre
70k TRRs

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.