Chaos Halflings (Followers of Yum)

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Flabberghast
Rookie
Rookie

Chaos Halflings (Followers of Yum)

Post by Flabberghast »

I came across this old thing the other day http://midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/ChaosYum.html and just love the fluff. Basicly, a group of halflings so into leisure, overindulgence, and general unhalflinglike manners that they attracted the interest of the chaos gods which gave them a Champion of Glutton. So, I figured how to bring this thing up to the current ruleset?

(I know there is Chaos Halfling team for the Stunty Leeg (http://fumbbl.com/help:Chaos+Halfling), but they are not what I have in mind considering the fluff.)

Ideas behind the roster (which may or may not be part of the old roster)
Tier 3 - but not worse than normal halflings
Physical contact halflings -a stunty team with a bashier game
No easy access to mutations - 2-heads are the underworls shtick
Not throw team mate - Halflings shtick
No secret weapons - Goblins shtick
Not more than 1 big guy - Ogres shtick
They are always hungry - but since they can't throw team mate, the skill Always Hungry don't make much sense

This is what I came up with inspired by the older roster
0-16 Chaos Halflings - 5236 - Dodge, Stunty, Foul appearance, Regeneration - Strength on normal - GAP and Mutation on doubles - 50k
0-1 Yum (Glutton Daemon) - 5529 - Loner, Mighty Blow, Bloodlust - Strength and Mutation on normal - GAP on doubles - 140k
0-2 "Blitzer" - 5237 - Dodge, Stunty, Foul appearance, Claw, Bloodlust - General on normal - ASP and Mutation on doubles - 60k
Re-roll 60k and they can have a apothecary.

Their shtick ofcourse is regeneration and foul appearance meaning they will live longer than most stunty players.

Going by http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... =4&t=38335 the prices are all of. The intention of breaking the rules is not to break the team but to make them fit the fluff. The cost of the players are also more based on the team as a whole than individual players. Specifically, Chaos Halflings should be 70k because Regeneration on a stunty player is expensive - the idea is that with 3 blood lust (probably the worst negatrait in the game) eating stunty players - it should balance itself out. The Blitzer is priced according to the formula with no discount for Bloodlust and the Big guy has a 20k discount for Bloodlust just as really stupid has.

With Foul appearance and Regeneration, it is far less dangerous leaving the Chaos Halflings in base contact compared to normal Halflings. They got strength access instead of Agility on normal. Most stunty players level up to Sidestep and Diving Tackle (in some order) these would probably instead be Stand Firm and Guard (in some order). I think a team full of Strength 2 Mighty Blow would'nt get far. Stand Firm and Guard both force you to leave your players in contact which is the difference in this roster compared other stunty rosters.

On a Big Guy it could be argued that Bloodlust is not as bad as other negatraits as you will always get to use him aslong as you feed him.

The Blitzers have Claw so they shouldn't get Strength on normals because the killstack would be silly on this player. Instead they have General access and thus can easily become Blodge. This is ofcourse great for a stunty player, kinda the same way as Strength 4 agility 4 is great for a normal player. So they really are like mini-vampires.

A starting team could be something like:
10 Chaos Halflings, 1 "Blitzer", 1 Yum, and 5 rerolls.

What do you think? Not special enough? Horribly broken as in too bad? As in too good?

Edit: I guess a major flaw of the roster is that some gamers may opt to skip Yum and the "Blitzers" and just go 14 blitzers to field 14 regenerating stunty players. I'm not sure that it would actually be the better way to go, but someone more experienced may have a better sense.

Reason: ''
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Chaos Halflings (Followers of Yum)

Post by Heff »

Yum is a turnover machine. Put tackle zones on it. Then wait for it to roll a 1.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Flabberghast
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flabberghast »

Indeed. I was thinking of giving him break tackle instead of mighty blow as a starting skill but that doesn't fit with the normal big guy builds. I'm guessing instead that break tackle more or less have to be the first skillup for Yum. Until then, moving a CHalf up to Yum before he whacks away is the best you can do.

In general about the team: Is is crazy broken or just don't have a place?

Mantis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mantis »

Do you know the Stunty League version?

http://fumbbl.com/help:Chaos+Halflinge