Treemen should have Very Long Legs

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Treemen should have Very Long Legs

Post by fidius »

Trees should be especially good at intercepting due to their height and reach. Also, the especially Agile ones should be able to -step over- players (+AG x2 plus Leap on doubles!). For these reasons I suggest that Treemen should have the skill Very Long Legs.

That is all.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Treemen should have Very Long Legs

Post by GalakStarscraper »

To slow to intercept ... the fact they get to try is a match of their height causing the ball to get caught in their branches when passed over them rather then them actually catching it. As for stepping over someone ... they are tall ... but not really step over 6 foot tall players tall. Remember the background says only young treemen play the game. :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

I agree they may be tall but their legs (which are mixed with roots) could be quite short as they are mostly body. Their movement reflects short legs and slow slow Ent like movement. Your 'Barking up the wrong Tree' with this one:)

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

I was looking through some of my old BB stuff the other night and in Blood Bowl Magazine 1 (i.e. 4the edition rules) it had a few pages on Treemen.

In one of the blurbs (famous Treemen in history) didn't it state one of them was 20 feet tall? ;p

And then there was the story of a tree taking a nap, the ball getting stuck in its branches, the Skaven not able to climb it, and that the game still hadn't been resolved 10 yrs later... :)

Not saying they should get the trait.. but they are certainly not all 6 feet tall or smaller either.

Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

Treemen don't all have long legs, okay fair enough... But this could be a nomenclature vs function issue. eg: Deathrollers get Dirty Player because they can cause extra damage when their victim is already on the ground -- but they are not 'dirty players' per se, at least not in a way that is different from having a Secret Weapon on the pitch in the first place. In the same way Treemen ought to have an advantage to intercept because of their height and branches, and arguably especially agile ones (say, those *with* long legs, hence their +AG +AG) ought to be able to get over players easier.

I see that adding the VLL trait would add confusion to whether Treemen actually have long legs or not. But adding the function of the skill to their skillset would be an improvement imo.

Thanks for your feedback, obviously this isn't a burning issue (nor a very serious one!).