A universal timer for match reports

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

A universal timer for match reports

Post by celticgriffon »

I was wondering if perhaps it would be a good idea to discuss an universal timer for match reports.

What if we were to convert the turns into some sort of minutes? A game would last for 128 minutes (4 mins x 16 turns x 2 players) For example, Turn 1 of the first half by the receiving team would be time between 0 - 4 minutes in the game.

Or would it be better to absorb the time for both player's turns into one value - say from 0 - 8 mins?

When I first got into Warhammer Fantasy the battle reports in White Dwarf really drew me into the game. I think well written match reports on Blood Bowl games would have the same potential. And in terms of laymen (i.e. non-BB gamers or non-gamers) reading the reports using time might make more sense than stating the turn.

Just thinking out loud...

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: A universal timer for match reports

Post by mzukerman »

It's an interesting idea. I think it might serve to confuse those that are not able to do the math in their heads. It does make it really more like a soccer/football match though.

Reason: ''
"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup