Octopus Roster

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Octopus Roster

Post by Chris »

You mean a team with crappy ag or st? It is interesting to think how the team plays. You are I guess the ultimate annoying team in terms of shutting down movement. You can either merge that with hitting power - an obvious combo - or ag so you can put the tentacles on anywhere. I think ag 3 is fine as it gives you movement as well. A static ag 2 line isn't that exciting.

Think you have to consider the team after getting a few skills how it would play and what the starting line up would look like. I would guess it is either stats at 4 for the chaos long term approach or stats at 3 and some starting skills for the norse/amazon approach.

Reason: ''
bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

I mean building an AG team with no agility or a bah team with no bash. I want them utterly annoying but not indestructible. I put 2 starting rosters together base on both linemen stats. They are NOT great starting rosters (reroll at 60k) && overall they won't be exciting until they skill up a bit. With no mutation access they won't be movement killers but they are a viable threat. Give a runner shadowing && tackle an nobody leaves his side.

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

0-16 Mollusk 5/3/2/7 Tentacles, Extra Arms. G 50K
0-4 Octopus Bruisers 5/4/2/9 Tentacles, Extra Arms GS 110K
0-4 Squid Runners 7/3/3/8 Tentacles, Extra Arms GA 90K
0-1 Giant Squid 5/5/1/9 Loner, Really Stupid, Mighty Blow, Tentacles, Extra Arms, Grab S 150K
I like this team, looks balanced and not over-powered, for most home-grown teams that is a rarity! If it did prove to be too good, you could cut the Squid Runner AV to 7 (I don't think a team's Runners should be tougher than the linemen, so you may want to do this anyway).

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

While I agree Runners usually are not supposed to be heavier armored than the linemen I find them to be weak to the point of insignificant if the Runners were also AV7. The Mollusks can get the higher AV keep the MA and maybe adjust the price slightly. I'm working out tweaks best I can at the moment. I think the Runner's obvious strength is their speed. You can build two to be touchdown machines who score and survive the other two can be Wrestle, Frenzy, Shadowing, Tackle (I know thats 4 skills but just think about it) and they are going to be Elf killers. Tentacles means the elves fear dodging, tackle means no free reroll, shadowing means the guy follows, frenzy means they never escape unless they have fend, and wrestle takes them down on offense or defense.