Evil Gits

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

BloodSkull
Rookie
Rookie

Evil Gits

Post by BloodSkull »

The Evil Gits are an evil team made up of mix of evil players. They've been known to field evil Hobgoblins, evil Orcs, evil Dark Elves, evil Skaven, evil Goblins, evil Ogres, evil Half-Orcs, or in fact any other players just so long as they are Evil! The Gits are followed everywhere by their evil unofficial supporters club, the Evil Gits Unofficial Supporters Club, who are, if anything, even more evil than the evil team they evilly support!

I was getting bored with playing with the CRP and wanted to play the Evil Gits roster again. I have based my design around http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/EvilGits.html Roster.

Out of the 13 Rosters I have created this version I consider the best of the 13 I have sort of become bias and is hampering my objectivity. I would like some help on the roster:

Team 12

Code: Select all

0-6 Gobbo         : 6 2 3 7  40k Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty A/GPS
0-6 Orc Lineman   : 5 3 3 9  50k NONE G/ASP
0-4 Half Orc Blitz: 6 3 2 8  90k Tackle, Block, Sure Hands GS/AP
0-2 Sneaky Git    : 6 3 3 7  80k Stab, Shadowing, Side Step G/ASP (20k Discount)
0-2 Witch Elf     : 7 3 4 7 110k Frenzy, Dodge, Jump Up GA/SP
0-2 Eshin Assassin: 8 3 4 7 100k Stab, Shadowing GA/SPM
0-1 Ogre          : 5 5 2 9 140k Standard Ogre S/GAP
ReRoll: 70k

The team does violate the 6 members on the team roster rule with 7 positional players in all of my rosters except 13 which makes Sneaky Git 0-4 and removes the Eshin Assassin.

Sneaky Git: (http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/Hobgoblin.html)

The Sneaky Git was introduced because it gives the roster a Reliable "Secret Weapon" to eliminate players from the pitch. The Original team allowed for a Maximum of 4 Secret Weapons that is the reason why there are 2 0-2 Weapon positional, and would be willing to fold Eshin Assassin in to Sneaky Git to 0-4. Since we are not able to buy and add secret weapons to players it just seemed easier to corn hole Stab instead of answering questions why was the team loaded up with Looneys and not other secret weapons. A 10k reduction was given to this positional to encourage the use of these players in both teams though I am not certain that they need the 10k discount.

The Dark Elf Assassin was considered. I did not want coaches using the Assassins to run the throwing game instead of killing players on the pitch for the other team builds that had 0-4 "Assassin" positional. Witch Elves are currently used to do Crowd Surfing, and did not need another Dark Elf Positional on the team.

Eshin Assassin: (http://www.midgardbb.com/GWTeams/Skaven.html)

In Team 12 it gave me a better Skaven Option than trying to shoe horn in The Skaven Blitzer or the Gutter runner. Since the Half Orc Blitzer is on the team adding on the Skaven Blitzer made the roster look awkward and introduced the CMBPO which may upset people because of the weapon issue (that's why team 5 is starting to look bit more like a loser), but to be honest I have no problem with CMBPO and would have liked to have Replaced the Ogre with 2 Looneys. Adding in a Gutter Runner did not seem right either because it may encourage more play with the ball and one turn touch downs than killing people. In the Midgard you could add the Poison Dagger Secret Weapon to the Gutter Runner which could have worked as:

0-2 Gutter Assassin: 9 2 4 7  110k Dodge, Stab, Shadowing GA/PSM
This still created the problem of One Turn TDs and the GutterRunner is not strong enough to get stuck in to do some damage with Stab. The Eshin Assassin makes marking players a bit more feasible and it also gives the team a more competent shadower than the Dark Elf Assasin and the Sneaky Git. It still does not eliminate the possibility of them being turned into One Turner. The concern of this positional is if the pricing is balanced to the rest of the team.

Half Orc Blitzershttp://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/HalfOrc.html
The Half Orc Blitzer is my Favorite choice out of the Dark Elves, Orcs, Skaven, and Humans(as a last resort).

Witch Elves

The Original Team was created around LRB 1.0 and LRB 3.0 so Witch Elves were not around at that time. The Witch Elves were placed on the team for the purpose of crowd surfing opponents, so their evil supporters can join in on the fun.

Possible Problems with the team.

Sneaky Git and Eshin Assassin do the same thing:

I have two other variations. 1) Take out Sneaky Git insert Looney and Hobbo's Replace Gobbos or 2) The Looney replaces the Eshin Assassin and Skaven Linemen replace the Gobbos. The reason why is the fact I am hung up on the Heroes of Law team http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/Imperial.html and wanted to line up the Gobbos and Halflings. If the other two options work I can work around that.

You have too many positional (as in that can play on the field):

There are 11 positional players that can be on the field at a time and have seen that not having 2-3 linemen on the pitch as criticism. Dark Elves have 10, Humans 11, Orcs 15 and a good majority of teams have around 9. What I am want to understand is why would having 11 positional on the field makes hinders team design for future teams. I'm not saying I'm not willing to drop the Half Orc Blitzer 0-4 to 0-2 as long as the team works.

There are other made positional players why not use them:

I played a lot with midgardbb and like their teams builds that's why I use them. I have seen a lot of different variations of the same positional if there is a consensus on the positional that I am currently using I would be more than happy to take another look at the roster, or any other suggestions.

Thanks in Advance.

Reason: ''
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Evil Gits

Post by babass »

toe many positionnal...

BloodSkull
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BloodSkull »

babass wrote:toe many positionnal...
*Golf Claps* Well that certainly is one way to bolster your post count :roll: .

BloodSkull wrote:[snip]
Out of the 13 Rosters I have created this version I consider the best of the 13 I have sort of become bias and is hampering my objectivity. I would like some help on the roster:

[snip]
The team does violate the 6 members on the team roster rule with 7 positional players in all of my rosters except 13 which makes Sneaky Git 0-4 and removes the Eshin Assassin.

[snip]

You have too many positional (as in that can play on the field):

There are 11 positional players that can be on the field at a time and have seen that not having 2-3 linemen on the pitch as criticism. Dark Elves have 10, Humans 11, Orcs 15 and a good majority of teams have around 9. What I am want to understand is why would having 11 positional on the field makes hinders team design for future teams. I'm not saying I'm not willing to drop the Half Orc Blitzer 0-4 to 0-2 as long as the team works.

[snip]
So, yeah I was hoping for something a little more constructively useful.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Its a fair criticism - there's no reason to field linemen on this roster.

This roster has no coherency - its just a bunch of players thrown together. The Witch Elf is incongruous and you've got a re-skinned Wardancer along with a bunch of fodder that you don't have to field.

Thematically the Evil Gits were Human and Orc I thought. The Half Orc fits this, maybe mix some more Humans in?

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
BloodSkull
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BloodSkull »

Fassbinder75 wrote:1) Its a fair criticism - there's no reason to field linemen on this roster.

2) This roster has no coherency - its just a bunch of players thrown together. The Witch Elf is incongruous and you've got a re-skinned Wardancer along with a bunch of fodder that you don't have to field.

3) Thematically the Evil Gits were Human and Orc I thought. The Half Orc fits this, maybe mix some more Humans in?

1) It's a fair criticism, but my confusion just stems from the fact that the Humans and Orc Teams do not require to field Linemen either. True I should realize that they are the only teams that allow this and each team has fewer positional players. The reason my be that they are the featured teams and are all round teams for starters. As for not using the fodder is that just not apart of your playing strategy. If you're dumb enough to not field fodder you're just asking to get your team ripped apart. This is why I have 2 defensive Catchers and a defensive thrower on the human team. With the Orc team you ca field a Troll, 4x Blitzer and Blocker, and two throwers (not including the possibilities with the gobbos). If the criticism is based on a form of team building conformity than I concede the point. If it's based on not fielding linemen than the criticism falls short because there is always a reason to field Linemen.

2) This is a fair Criticism because I probably did not make my build with a clear intent or did not follow the Standard Lineman, Blitzer, Thrower, Catcher possible blocker format.

As for the re-skinned Wardancer by your own logic the Hobgoblin is a re-skinned Norse Lineman, thrower, blitzer which is a re-skinned Amazons entire team .... Technically calling a Hobgoblin a Re-skinned Thrall would be more accurate. How you got The Eshin Assassin to be a Wardancer clone other than the stats is beyond me, but then again if you really want to go through the rosters and just point out stats you are going to find a lot of clones.

3) First Edition: The Evils Gits are an evil team made up of evil players. An Evil Git team can be a mix of ANY 15 players from the Hobgoblin, Orc, Half-Orc, and Dark Elf teams.

There are no official 4th ED of the team, but in the LRB 5.0 Fluff ( Fluff was taken out of CRP or the CRPs I can find)

"Evil Gits: The Evil Gits are an evil team made up of mix of evil
players. They've been known to field evil Hobgoblins, evil Orcs, evil
Dark Elves, evil Skaven, evil Goblins, evil Ogres, evil Half-Orcs, or in
fact any other players just so long as they are Evil! The Gits are
followed everywhere by their evil unofficial supporters club, the Evil Gits
Unofficial Supporters Club, who are, if anything, even more evil than the
evil team they evilly support! " Page 31.

I would use the Midgard or the Dave Metcafe Roster, but for long story short I prefer to have teams that coincide with the current team creation rules or at least close to that is fun to play.

I do not want to add Humans because I have them in the Heroes of Law team, but Norse could be a good mix.

Asides from this if I am making the team incoherent than a full redo needs to be in place and rethought of my original intent and make it more clear.

BloodSkull
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BloodSkull »

0-6 Goblin           : 6 2 3 7  40k Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty A/GPS
0-6 Hobgoblin        : 6 3 3 7  40k NONE G/ASP
0-4 Half Orc Blitz   : 6 3 2 8  90k Tackle, Block, Sure Hands GS/AP
0-2 Orc Thrower      : 5 3 3 8  70k Sure Hands, Pass GP/AS
0-2 DarkElf Assassin : 6 3 4 7  90k Shadowing, Stab GA/SP
0-1 Ogre             : 5 5 2 9 140k Standard Ogre S/GAP
Hobgoblin and the goblin are linemen in the same way as the Undead team.