Entomon team!

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Entomon team!

Post by Madsherman »

Submitted these guys for the 3DB team creation contest.. The idea would be to make a solid passing team.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Entomon team!

Post by Madsherman »

well, they're holding off on announcing the winner, which makes sense since Chance is away... Anybody else submitted anything?

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

I like your concepts... still would like to see some football gear on the insects even though they are armoured already.

good luck !

W

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Nice! Do you illustrate for a living?

I agree about the gear--I like my teams to have some indication that they're a football team. All the ideas I have, though, would end up being pretty comedic... :-?

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Entomon team!

Post by Madsherman »

Yeah I have a BA in animation :) and I kept feeling that football gear would be redundant because if their hard carapaces... But I guess it could be a bit like lizardmen with strapped on pieces of stuff. Also I thought of writing something in the fluff about how they could evolve their carapaces into tougher bits in strategic places. Also they'd be able to customize their color patterns.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Graboid? As in Tremors?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Only by name ;) It can grab balls is why.

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Madsherman wrote:It can grab balls
Let's quote this out of context, shall we?

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

btw the contest is over and I didn't win :( But now I thought I'd post my fluff and thoughts on the team:

Thoughts on general playstyle/build type

-The idea behind these guys are to make them a solid passing team, but not necessarily an AG team. Maybe I'd base them around humans. I like the glory that a good passing game brings, but I think the race roster list is over-saturated with bashy and runny teams.

Le Fluff:

Some believe this insect-like race has come through a rift between the known realm and another. Others believe that a giant moon rock fell from the sky, cracked open somewhere beyond the forests of Lustria* and spilled out these seemingly cold, calculative heartless beings. Nobody knows how they learned or why they play the game of Blood Bowl, either. Some theorize, since they are very protective in nature over their eggs, that that ferocity would translate very well to their ball-centric playstyle. Other scholars say that taking part in an activity such as this is what a break-off Entomon family will do to unify itself and prepare it to build a new home or hive. Entomon teams have been seen winning the Blood Bowl, devour whatever price money they have accumulated and just vanish into the forests of Lustria once again where they use the raw material of the coinage to build the start of their new hive. Communicating only in unintelligible clicking noises and screeching guttural screams, it is very hard to discern how intelligent they are. It does seem like they do not think very much as individuals on the pitch, but share a hive-mind and are ordered around by brain-like entomons from the sideline.

*Lustria here could be anywhere in the Old World that is warm-ish.

Line Mantis:

This guy would be the worker-insect of the team. My initial idea would be starting Claw (what?!), BUT with only 2 ST, so these guys would have to swarm others in order to use the claw effectively. Also if this still was too powerful I'd give them No Hands, so they could only crowd the ball with tackle zones and do their primary job, which is ganging up on opponents. This would also prevent them from skilling up fast, so the killstack probably would come in play late in their life... which again could be shortened by something like AV 7.

Bombardier Beetle:

This guy would be the thrower/ball handler. Skill thoughts: Sure Hands, Hail Mary Pass. Maybe give him low-ish AV or ST to drag him downwards.

Graboid:

This guy would be the catcher beetle. Not necessarily super fast, but maybe more reliant in making it to his target square. I'm thinking Dodge, Fend.. survivability skills. And extra arms, so it can live up to its name ;)

Herculon:

A Big Guy.

-Or a strong blitzer/blocker. No actual ideas for skills or stats.