'Jason & The Argonauts' Khemri Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

'Jason & The Argonauts' Khemri Team

Post by Joemanji »

Wouldn't be fun if the Khemri team had a real flavour to it? If playing them felt like that classic scene in the Jason And The Argonauts film with the scuttling skeletons that keep coming back for more? All around Jump Up seems like a good skill to achieve this, and with AG2 / AV7 wouldn't be too powerful. Could link back to the 2nd ed roster too?

0-1 Tomb King _ 3619 _ Mighty Blow, Foul Appearance, Thick Skull, Regen @ 140K {S}
0-16 Linemen _ 5327 _ Jump Up, Regen @ 40K {G}
0-2 Blitzers _ 6328 _ Block, Jump Up, Regen @ 90K {GS}
0-2 Catchers _ 7237 Catch, Dodge, Jump Up, Regen @ 90K {GA}
0-2 Throwers _ 5337 Pass, Jump Up, Sure Hands, Regen @ 90K {GP}
Rerolls @ 60K?

I'd love to play this team. Adds a new style of play to the game, advances the metagame and gives the Khemri roster a niche that only they occupy. Yay! :D

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: 'Jason & The Argonauts' Khemri Team

Post by Chris »

Why catchers out of interest?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

The 2nd ed team had Catchers and Throwers with better AG. I think this helps makes the team a little more rounded, and more able to use interesting tactics. The "all or nothing game is decided on a 4up pickup" nonsense isn't a huge amount of fun.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

The Khemri team for all its faults is fairly unique with the awful ball handling.

So no need to repace it? I used to love my 2nd ed skelly team (standard strategy was to go 2-0 while cycling players and grind to a 3-2 win), this can go alongside the Khemri team, even more easily if you change the big guy.

Also only 6 positionals is quite light, what is the thinking there?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Could be the Skeleton Team instead of replacing Khemri. Could go up to 4 Blitzers too. Didn't want to overposition.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I prefer a Khemri team with NoS instead of pass/catch, and BT on the Guardians rather than MB and/or FA.
But something more fun than we have now.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I really like them Joe, they are full of flavour and really seem like they would be fun to play

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Nice work. I had a similar thought a while back, also inspired by the 2nd ed fluff (the magic sponge bit) and came up with a skill called Relentless to generate the same feel (basically that BH players go to the KO bin and recover in the same way as if they were KO'd).

0-4 TGs 4519 NOS, Relentless ???k S/GAP

0-2 BRs 6328 NOS, Relentless, Block 80k GS/AP

0-2 TRs 6327 NOS, Relentless, Pass, Sure Hands 70/80k GP/AS

0-16 Skellies 5327 NOS, Relentless 40k G/ASP

Apoth: yes

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

The fun of 2nd edition was getitng to re-enter the pitch during play with an endless stream of skellies :)

I would try such a team, while I guess until a skelly gets ag3 there wouldn't be much jump up blocking you wouldn't be able to leave piles of bones unmarked on the pitch as they would be able to travel a bit more than most linemen.

What was the thinking behind the MV3 STR6 big guy with no neg traits?

(My knowledge of warhammer fluff ends with the advent of 3rd ed bloodbowl.)

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

AG2 Jump Up-ing is perfect ... 3+ is a nice risk/reward point. So people would use it sometimes but not all the time ... leading to interesting tactical decisions. It would be a bit like Slann leaping I guess.

The 2nd ed Skeleton team had one mega awesome turbo-Mummy. So the Tomb King is an ode to him, but also to make up for losing the rest of the Mummies if this was a replacement for Khemri. He could easily have Loner is testing proved him too good.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

2nd ed could take more than one mummy (the Champions of Death had two).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Well, replacing him with 2 normal mummies would give 8 positionals...

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

That could work, for sure. Perhaps I didn't want it to be too similar to the existing Undead team.

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

2nd ed "undead" were allowed 2 mummies (each replacing 3 skellies!!), and they had catchers and throwers but no blitzers.

Overall I like the idea of the team, jump up would give them a speed boost off the ground as well which could be fun.

But if we're bringing back 2nd edition stuff, then any time a werewolf injures one of these guys they don't get to regen :-)

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

I love it Joe, and was toying with something similar. Mine differed in a couple of ways - my version had 2 tomb guardian ancients which are basically the same as your tomb king. This name makes more sense fluff wise. Cba to get in to why right now. But re read the khemri stuff in the bb mag plus wfb army books to see why. I also included a jump up stab player, like sinnedbad, to both for the theme and have a team from which sinnedbad could have originated. The thrower I kept as a standard throw ra. Mine didn't have catchers but I really like that idea! Not sure about ag3 though as it would make the throwers ra somewhat obsolete.