Fimir Team?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Fimir Team?

Post by harvestmouse »

Yup Treeman speed is the big one. With them equaling one player, they have to be compromised.

I can't find any reference to Fimir being MA 5 and 6. They weren't part of 2nd edition and 3rd edition rule book, armies book and FRP they are all MA 4.

Fimir imagery is a little confusing. I.e. they were really a half arsed unfinished project. All Fimir are the same size, that being a 25mm base. Which is probably around ST 4 player size and all look pretty similar.

FRP has the most information on them, and a good sized picture explaining the differences. It appears that the figure line wasn't markets correctly. There were basic bodies, but different tails; a noble, warrior and Shearl tail. However for fantasy battle they were not marked that way. What's more Shearls were removed as a usable unit. The heads were also not marked. Labeled heads 1-4 when FRP explained that one of the heads belonged to a Dirach and another a Meargh.

I guess they made a much better role playing race than a fantasy battle race. "Let's go and rescue the women!" So I get the feeling WFB was a bit of an add on.

FRP says this about them:

Size is around 6ft, but they can be up to 8ft. Colour buff to olive green. They have a powerful snakelike tail that is around 6ft in length.

Shearls: Are distinguished by a slighter build and smooth tails.

Fimm: Have tails set with bony knobs which look much like a heavy mace.

Nobles: Have spiked tails set with a terrible cleaver like blade.

Dirach: Have narrower heads, with horns. Smooth tails.

Meargh: Have a head with dank greasy hair, where all males are bald. They may have small horns also. Smooth tails.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

They were in WFB 2nd edition (or 3rd, I get them confused) in the Bestiary, and had a army list entry in Warhammer Armies (as a Mercs contingent iirc).
I'd dig my books out to confirm but stuck at work. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

That's 3rd ed. 3rd ed they were MA4 across the board. They didn't have a list in 2nd ed (Ravening Hordes), though I think they existed then and may have been in the rule book bestiary.