Fimir Team?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Fimir Team?

Post by Chris »

Rolex wrote:
Chris wrote:I too love the idea of a team of throwers with poor depth perception :)
What next? Tip Tap dancers with no feet?
I saw something similar at the Greenwich festival some years ago. A group of mostly paraplegic dwarves dressed in burlesk costumes spin around in motorised wheelchairs men in bumless chaps and posing pouches.

Blood bowl players with poor depth perception is nothing in comparison.

Reason: ''
crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Post by crimsonsun »

For names the big guy could be a Fimir Dirach, Strong Blitzing style players could be Fimm Nobles, normal Blitzers Fimm Warriors, with basic Fimmir players types and Stunty Shearls.

I've had a go at this myself, knowing a fair amount about the Fimmir though they do not translate fantastically into bloodbowl due to there just not being the right negative traits. Anyhow I came up with this...

Rerolls 70k. Apothecary yes
Fimmir Dirach 0-1 110k This is a vampire with hypnotic gaze being the summoned mist, off for a bite being sacrifice to channel power the Dirach sacrifices a ally in a diabolic pact, Regeneration is a shield of souls. No rule changes just added the fluff as an explanation. Strength/general/Agility access
Fimmir Nobles 0 - 4 110K Ma 6 Str4 Ag1 Av8, Prehensile Tail, Extra Arm, horns. 110k Strength and General access
Fimmir Warriors 0 -2 100k Ma7 Str3 Ag2 Av8 Prehensile tail, Extra Arm, Block Strength and General Access
Fimm 0-12 70k Ma6 str3 ag2 av8 extra Arm, horns general access
Shearls 0-6 40k Ma6 Str2 Ag3 Av7 Dodge, Stunty, extra arm, decay Agility access

This adds up using the team creation and is characterful and very different to what's already around though they may end up being too good in there current form and needing some toning down...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'm not getting the stunty for Shearl - they're the lowest (slave) class of Fimir society, but they're still human sized.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Darkson wrote:I'm not getting the stunty for Shearl - they're the lowest (slave) class of Fimir society, but they're still human sized.
Even bigger then humans...

And the roster is very fast... with little or no reason... I don't like it!
Mind, I like the "passing roster" a lot less.

crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Post by crimsonsun »

Darkson wrote:I'm not getting the stunty for Shearl - they're the lowest (slave) class of Fimir society, but they're still human sized.
It was more to hinder them slightly though they are smaller and weaker than humans pale skinned and child like, Fimmir however are slightly larger than humans, with Warriors being considerably so and Nobles being Large Ogre sized. (Information taken from Wfb 3ed, wfrp 1 & 2nd ed, warpstone magazine and the black industries files on the fimmir). I wanted a interesting ball carrying type of player but one that was not going to provide instant advantage. I think I'd be better served however dropping there Ag down to 2 as well however as to avoid a situation where they are too strong as well as reducing them to a 0-4 option though that may cause issues with the Dirach.

Honestly if I could isolate the throwing/intercepting part of stunty I'd give it to the whole team, and the dodging makes sense because it can represent the mists enveloping them. I added Decay to them partly to prevent apothecary use on them which goes against the Fimmir society as well as to make them when combined with stunty have really severe draw backs involved from gaining the extra agility. Also stunty prevents them being developed as throwers which again goes against the whole idea.

Note I feel that only the only players the Driach should be able to feed on are Shearls or def not the Warriors and Nobles any way...

Yes the roster is very fast because Fimmir are fast in warhammer with Nobles, Dirachs and warriors having Ma6 standard compared to 4 for a human and 5 for Elves. Again the Shearl could have this dropped to six however which would make sense if I wanted to keep the 0-6 allowance.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I'm not sure I get the Extra Arm as I don't recall seeing any images of Fimir wielding weapons or staffs with their tails. Prehensile Tail would see to be the limit to which the item was used.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Post by crimsonsun »

GalakStarscraper wrote:I'm not sure I get the Extra Arm as I don't recall seeing any images of Fimir wielding weapons or staffs with their tails. Prehensile Tail would see to be the limit to which the item was used.
The Fimir other than Maerges and Shearls have tails they can utilise for counter attacking and parrying in the RPGs though I must admit I had it in my head they had three arms as well, but obviously I don't want to go against the fluff so I am updating the list as follows.. Obviously I'm not claiming its anything but a idea though!

Rerolls 60k. Apothecary yes
Fimmir Dirach 0-1 110k This is a vampire with hypnotic gaze being Eye of the Balefiend, off for a bite being sacrifice to channel power the Dirach sacrifices a ally in a diabolic pact can only bite Shearls, Regeneration is a Pantoes Bargin. No rule changes just added the fluff as an explanation. Strength/general/Agility access

Fimmir Nobles 0 - 4 110K Ma 6 Str4 Ag1 Av8, Prehensile Tail, Mighty Blow, horns. 110k Strength and General access Lost the Extra Arms for mighty blow which is a trait they naturally should have.

Fimmir Warriors 0 -2 90k Ma7 Str3 Ag2 Av8 Prehensile tail, Block Strength and General Access The Warriors have Prehensile Tails over Extra Arms as they are more Weapon like.

Fimm 0-4 60k Ma6 str3 ag2 av8 Prehensile Tail, general & Strength Access. Again the larger Fimm get Prehensile tails and I've then reduced them down to a 0-4 option but given them Strength Access.

Shearls 0-12 40k Ma5 Str2 Ag3 Av8 Dodge, Stunty, Agility access. I've removed the tail effect entirely and then added increased armour for their scaly skin while losing there Decay, but I've also slowed them down. This is because I've turned them into a main line option for the team Providing fodder for the Balefiend and I do not want to nullify the teams overall poor agility especially since the Balefiend is a real monster in the line up and as such out side of its magically assisted Ag I don't want passing to be a viable option for the team.

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Perhaps fimir use a form of sonar within the mists their wizard produces to acquire depth perception?

We humans think fimir cannot possibly see as well with only one eye because we judge their physiology upon our own.

For all we know, Fimir may think an extra eye is a distraction, stopping humans from keeping their "eye on the ball".

Perhaps Fimir developed their sonarlike second sense in case they lost sight in their only eye.

Plus why can't we invent a whole new type of morphing Fimir?

Perhaps they were blessed / preserved by nuffle. Maybe these were the LAST fimir left, so Nuffle made them immortal; when you kill the Cyclops, one of the blockers evolves into a Cyclops and spews a stunty guy; a thrower evolves into a blocker; a stunty evolves into a thrower...

Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Perhaps dwarfs are all 12 foot tall and really fast...

Perhaps Wood Elfs are really Chaotic and all sport Claws...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Fassbinder75 wrote:Aren't Fimir a joke race? A creation intentionally designed to be unpopular?
They weren't a joke race, I suspect their method of reproducing (kidnapping human female and forcing them to bear Fimir children) was the main reason they were dropped from fantasy. Mind you they did make a comeback in warhammer forge.

For the team I'd be wary of getting too focused on representing their physical characteristics on the pitch. Tail and AG2 would surely be sufficient as they are big and unagile creatures anyway. Disturbing presence could represent the fog I suppose.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Hmm a team of comedy rapists is less amusing.

crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Post by crimsonsun »

Chris wrote:Hmm a team of comedy rapists is less amusing.
Origins of Fimir are covered in more detail in the links below, they were cool IMO and never a comic relief, they were also fairly unique in terms of setting which is something you cannot say about recent developments that's for sure.
https://graemedavis.wordpress.com/2012/ ... omment-826
http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/bl ... ary-fimir/

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Sorry a bit of a necro!

I thought about this as a Fimir roster. I see them a bit in the same mould as Lizardmen i.e. 2 tier.

0-16 Shearls 4 3 1 8 really stupid, disturbing presence.
0-4 Fimm 4 4 1 9 disturbing presence, prehensile tail
0-2 Fianna Fimm 5 4 2 9 disturbing presence, prehensile tail
0-1 Warlord 6 4 (2 or 3) 9 disturbing presence, prehensile tail

+ maybe thick skull on somethings
*disturbing presence is obviously to replicate mist
*Shearls I think should be ST 3 rather than anything else, however they are classed as a 'thrall', and all fimir are supposed to be below average intelligence. Really Stupid is to replicate having to be coerced into doing anything.

Maybe add a dirach or nobles, possibly as star players. The Warhammer FRP book gives a description of each, and they're all quite different.

The tail on a fimir shows what type of fimir you are dealing with, other than they're all pretty identical in looks. A shearl has a very plain tail, therefore in this list they do not have the prehensile tail skill.

You could also have mandatory weather (i.e. blizzard), but it's a bodge fix for mist.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

The team has a ridiculous amount of S on the pitch (40 S in total).

Makes Lizards (37) look like weaklings.
For a lot of teams it's almost impossible to deal with.
Expecially if pared with Prehensile Tail AND Disturbing presence.

It's one of the most unbalanced custom made teams I've ever seen.
And It doesn't even look like remotely funny to play.
If they manage to pick up the ball I don't see much any opponent can do.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

crimsonsun wrote:It was more to hinder them slightly though they are smaller and weaker than humans pale skinned and child like,
No, they're not - even the slaves are at least human-size.
Yes the roster is very fast because Fimmir are fast in warhammer with Nobles, Dirachs and warriors having Ma6 standard compared to 4 for a human and 5 for Elves.
Same could be argued for Ogres, Trolls, Treemen, Orcs etc etc. WFB stats do not directly translate into BB stats