Fimir Team?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Fimir Team?

Post by Giraffe »

Just saw Matt Shearns Fimirs he's painting of Facebook, and someone asked if he was making a bloodbowl team... Which got me thinking...

If there was such a thing as a Fimir Team what would it consist of? Sorry if (I expect) this isn't that new a concept... Or if its been done on fumbbl already

On the spur I came up with:

Fimir bloodbowl team
1 Cyclops Big Guy MV4 STR5 AG1 AV 9 Horns, Really Stupid, Throw Team Mate, Accurate Loner,
4 blockers, MV5 STR4 AG2 AV8 Accurate, Prehensile Tail, Strong Arm Thick Skull,
0-16 Throwers MV6 STR3 AG3 AV7 Pass, Accurate, Nerves Of Steel & Long Bomb
0-4 Fimeets MV7 STR2 AG4 AV6 with Accurate Stunty, Right Stuff and dump off.

In retrospect I'd move Strong Arm from the Blockers to the Cyclops, remove pass from the linemen, and take accurate off the little guys. I see them as a team adept at throwing the ball up field, kind of sweeping the ball out of danger.

sound like fun?

Reason: ''
Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
Merrick
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Fimir Team?

Post by Merrick »

https://fumbbl.com/help:FimirT

Not trying to shoot this down or anything, just posting the link as a reference.

I'm no good with new teams or how to build them so I'm afraid that's all I got. :)

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

There's a 'golden rule' of team design that says no ST4 and AG4 on the same roster, which currently this team doesn't conform to. I'd say its a powerful roster off the bat, bizarre one as well (which is good).

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Awesome Mike, thanks, I'll have a gander...

Chap by the name of barrie wood asked on Facebook how they'd have accurate without depth perception. He likes pre tail all round...

I think one eye gives them better vision magically somehow, just to totally oppose scientific logic?

I never played warhammer so may be way off the mark, but just love the idea of an all throwing, all seeing (eye) team... Plus perhaps the positionals are the four stages of growth or metamorphasis of a Cyclops, from tiny to huge, like frogs (or Dragonewts, if you've ever heard of Runequest)

Its a shame I don't know the old warhammer speil for Fimirs, perhaps these rare bloodbowl playing fimirs are gifted with incredible magic depth perception and accuracy, and hence shunned

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Fassbinder75 wrote:There's a 'golden rule' of team design that says no ST4 and AG4 on the same roster, which currently this team doesn't conform to. I'd say its a powerful roster off the bat, bizarre one as well (which is good).
I see. That would make them unique and less fragile than Slann, say, but also less able I think to cage break...

I'll investigate the fimir link above and also some warhammer archive spiel, as tbh I only know of Fimirs from Heroquest :oops:

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Aren't Fimir a joke race? A creation intentionally designed to be unpopular?

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Perhaps that's because they keep throwing the ball away :x
most likely you are right, honestly I dunno, I just thought fimirs could grow / morph over time, eventually becoming cyclopean.

I have homework and lots of reading to do, will post again in a few days perhaps...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

There's one on the MBBL2 site. Would need some work to fit in with current rules, but I loved playing them (http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/Fimir.html).
But their fluff was awful depth perception, so definitely no Accurate!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And they don't "grow" into Cyclops, they're not part of the same fluff.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:There's one on the MBBL2 site. Would need some work to fit in with current rules, but I loved playing them (http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/Fimir.html).
Not that hard to do ... just have to be willing to have some new skills.

Mace Tail ... on doubles this ability works exactly the same as Stab
Spellcaster ... once per a game the player may cast a Wizard's Fireball or Lightning Bolt spell. Success in casting requires a 4+ on a D6 (can be re-rolled). Failure means the player is Badly Hurt from magic feedback.
Wings ... Add +1 to Leap rolls as well as allowing failed Leap rolls to be re-rolled.
Daemonic Aura ... NOTHING modifies the player's AV roll ... NOTHING
Unstable ... CRP got rid of off pitch remove from game rolls. So I'd change this to work either like Take Root or Blood Lust (with Blood Lust allowing him to feed on any non-Spellcaster on the team).
Single Eye ... leave it as is ... this is not a passing team
Wizard Linked ... leave it as is ... it was a balancing aspect of the AG4 / ST4 being on the same team.

That should cover it.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Merrick wrote:https://fumbbl.com/help:FimirT

Not trying to shoot this down or anything, just posting the link as a reference.

I'm no good with new teams or how to build them so I'm afraid that's all I got. :)
I like Garion's roster if you want to avoid new skills. A good solid Fimir team that avoids new rules.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Darkson wrote:There's one on the MBBL2 site. Would need some work to fit in with current rules, but I loved playing them (http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/Fimir.html).
Not that hard to do ... just have to be willing to have some new skills.

Mace Tail ... on doubles this ability works exactly the same as Stab
Spellcaster ... once per a game the player may cast a Wizard's Fireball or Lightning Bolt spell. Success in casting requires a 4+ on a D6 (can be re-rolled). Failure means the player is Badly Hurt from magic feedback.
Wings ... Add +1 to Leap rolls as well as allowing failed Leap rolls to be re-rolled.
Daemonic Aura ... NOTHING modifies the player's AV roll ... NOTHING
Unstable ... CRP got rid of off pitch remove from game rolls. So I'd change this to work either like Take Root or Blood Lust (with Blood Lust allowing him to feed on any non-Spellcaster on the team).
Single Eye ... leave it as is ... this is not a passing team
Wizard Linked ... leave it as is ... it was a balancing aspect of the AG4 / ST4 being on the same team.

That should cover it.
that's an awful lot of new skills, I'll be honnest I like my team more...

perhaps these are a new type of rare Fimit that CAN metaporthasise up to a Cyclops and CAN magically see in depth perception...

But would bloodballers accept my team's new fimir fluff more than a quaffle of new skills, Simon? Who knows...

The main reason I like my team is the "all out throwwing" concept ( a one-eyed team ) ?!?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38335

I'm a believer in Fimir (hence the ARBBL fig we had made) but I wouldn't play your version as its so far from the Fimir fluff it makes the Khorne roster look like a paragon of fluff. ;)

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I too love the idea of a team of throwers with poor depth perception :)
Certainly no accurate though, and would be mean and give them AG2 and pass :)
Would love to see a big guy with ag 2, pass and strong arm!

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Chris wrote:I too love the idea of a team of throwers with poor depth perception :)
What next? Tip Tap dancers with no feet?