Slander = Fluff League Rule

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Slander = Fluff League Rule

Post by celticgriffon »

Hi everyone,

Recently one of our coaches wrote this bulletin (which I thought was hilarious I might add):
DNA REPORT LEAKED!!!

League report leaked to the media match up. Tyn'ee is bastard offspring of Hulk & Comes duh Boom. What the??? How is this possible? Something is not what it appears.
- Brainy Barrett / Head Coach Pitch Privateers / Lizardmen
This kind of stuff would make any Ogre a bit pissy. So Hulk, Comes duh Boom and Tyn'ee (all Ogres) have received a one time skill called Slander.

Slander gives a free re-roll on the first hit in any match against the team which Slandered them.

In our league I have added if the result of this hit is stunned or worse then the Lizardmen's Kroxigor gets to retaliate on his next team in a similar fashion. The the slander is removed.

It is fluff and needs a bit of book-keeping but things like this keep the game fun and hopefully encourage more trash talk.

Cheers,
Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Slander = Fluff League Rule

Post by Chris »

An alternative could be all models with slander must block or blitz if possible before any other actions are taken by the team on the first turn of each half...

The above is an incentive to slander your own team, this is an incentive to slander others :)

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the comment. I see where you are going with this. :)

"Slander gives a free re-roll on the first hit in any match against the team which Slandered them."

I think that covers in-team slander. You cannot hit (hence re-roll a hit) a player on your own team so I think things are safe as written.

Cheers,
Michael

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

If you want to encourage slander though you should give the bonus to the team being slanderous, not the people being slandered. Currently the incentive is to say nothing and get people to say things about you...

So if you can slander a team and make them act a certain way you are getting an advantage and the impetus is to have more teams be slanderous :)

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Chris - I definitely agree with your logic here. I want to encourage jabs and banter instead of stoney silence.

Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Minigiant »

I think this is a fantastic idea and something i am going to suggest for my league

As already been mentioned, it needs to have a benefit for both teams. Maybe a re-roll against AV for the one player who trash talked....they just hate that one player a little bit more than the rest