Celestial Monks

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

Celestial Monks

Post by Minigiant »

So i was reading some WFB fluff and came across the Celestial Dragon Monks and my imagination got away from me and that lead to the question, how would they play BB. I have never attempted to create a team but non the less i have given it a shot. I wanted a team that was all about the ball. Retaining it & retrieving it, non of this smash stuff.; non violence if you will

0-16 Lineman - 6/3/3/7 Fend, Nerves of Steel -- 60K -- GP
0-4 Blitzer - 6/3/3/8 Fend, Nerves of Steel, Strip Ball -- 100K -- GPS
0-4 Runner - 7/2/3/7 Fend, Nerves of Steel, Dump Off -- 70K -- GPA
0-2 Throwers - 6/3/3/7 Fend, Nerves of Steel, Pass -- 80k --GP

Re-rolls -- 50k

Was unsure on Re-rolls but i cant see them being too high

I also think the Blitzer and Runner may both be 10k too expensive but i thought i would leave that open too discussion

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Celestial Monks

Post by lunchmoney »

Minigiant wrote: Celestial Dragon Monks ..., how would they play BB.
They wouldn't. They would let their opponents lose on their own, therefore winning by not winning, and playing by not playing. Zen. ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I think Nerves of Steel is overcost. The linesmen should be 60k. It not like there that much better than amazons or norse.

Also, what are the skills avaible?

Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Minigiant »

legowarrior wrote:I think Nerves of Steel is overcost. The linesmen should be 60k. It not like there that much better than amazons or norse.

Also, what are the skills avaible?
10k cheaper per position?

I have just added skills

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

That and having 8 players over 100,000 is ridiculous, having 10 positions is a little off, and it seems a little boring.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

legowarrior wrote:That and having 8 players over 100,000 is ridiculous, having 10 positions is a little off, and it seems a little boring.
Agree on the cost, but 10 positionals is not really a problem. Following teams have 9 or more;
Chaos Dwarfs = 9, Dark Elves = 10, Humans = 11, Norse = 9, Nurgle = 9, Orcs = 15 :o ,Skaven = 9, Slann = 9, Wood Elves = 9,

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Minigiant »

Cost has been updated plus added in Re-rolls

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Might want to have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38335

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Minigiant »

Darkson wrote:Might want to have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38335
This is what i have been using and based on Legowarriors suggestion only charged 10k for Nerves of Steel

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Basic cost as per Galak's creation rules:
Lineman - 70k
Blitzer - 100k
Runner - 90k
Thrower - 90k

I don't think you can arbitrarily decide to make NoS 10k rather than 20k, as that would break creation rule #4 by a big way.
Drop the Throwers, especially as all they are are Linemen with 1 normal skill.
I'd also be tempted to drop NoS on the Blitzers and give them Wrestle - makes them better ball hunters and also makes taking Block on them less of an option (so keeping to the non-violence theme).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

The problem with those rules is that they create gimpy, over-costed teams. NoS is poor value at 10k and abysmal at 20k. I'd create my own values based on comparison costs for similar players on other rosters.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

The cost of a skill is rather arbitrary. It's easy to say that Block, dodge and Standfirm are worth 20 points, but sudden Leap and Very Long Legs are 5 points, and Pass and thick skull is 10 points? The only reason that Nerves of Steel isn't listed is the only player that has it is an elf catcher, who with 4 agility,and Catch, makes the most use of it. On a linesman or blitzer, the skills has limited use. It's like Horns. Great a single player or two, but when you have it on everyone, it becomes less beneficial.

Besides, Frenzy should be 20 skills points, but you don't see people complaining about Khorne being undercost?

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Fassbinder75 wrote:The problem with those rules is that they create gimpy, over-costed teams. NoS is poor value at 10k and abysmal at 20k. I'd create my own values based on comparison costs for similar players on other rosters.
3) Any player's final calculated price may be modified by 10k more or less from the calculated
price to achieve overall team balance. This is pretty important to balancing a roster in the long run.

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Considering how many teams break those rules, and are still considered balanced, I think a slight give is okay. Besides, Khorne, the most recently creation breaks those rules with Frenzy, and the lizardmen Saurus are all undercost, and aren't considered the best team every.

I think the pricing is fine, although it's not a particularly interesting team.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

lunchmoney wrote:
legowarrior wrote:That and having 8 players over 100,000 is ridiculous, having 10 positions is a little off, and it seems a little boring.
Agree on the cost, but 10 positionals is not really a problem. Following teams have 9 or more;
Chaos Dwarfs = 9, Dark Elves = 10,Humans = 9 , Norse = 9, Nurgle = 9, Orcs = 15 :o ,Skaven = 9, Slann = 9, Wood Elves = 9,
Don't humans have 11?

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!