Psion Team Roster - Cause everyone needs more hypnotic Gaze!

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Psion Team Roster - Cause everyone needs more hypnotic Gaze!

Post by legowarrior »

Team; Psions have only recently joined in on the fun that is Blood Bowl. Not particular adept at the game, a few managers noticed that the refs didn't have hypnotic gaze, and decided to put together a team filled with it, putting opponents under as they casually make their way to the finish line. As an added bonus, Psions can strike fear into the hearts of anyone that comes to block them, at least a close range.

Sadly, the team was widely hated for taking the blood out of blood bowl and quickly lost traction. Or the team was quickly splattered by tough teams, after they shook off the gaze, and overcame there fear, and just clubbed them. Managers, realizing that they couldn't replace all the players every time, even with the winnings went back into their offices and tried to find a solution. As always, the solution was pretty easy. Ogres. Ogres were usually a good solution, tough, big, and easily swayed by the hypnotic gaze to play the game. Now the Psions have a few bruisers of there own, ready to pound on any body able to withstand their mental abilities.

50k - 0-16 Linesmen - 6 Movement, 2 Strength, 3 Agility, 7 Armor - Hypnotic Gaze, Foul Appearance - G/ASP
70k - 0-2 Throwers - 6 Movement, 2 Strength, 3 Agility, 7 Armor - Hypnotic Gaze, Foul Appearance, Pass, Disturbing Presence - GP/AS
90K - 0-4 Catchers - 7 Movement, 2 Strength, 3 Agility, 7 Armor - Hypnotic Gaze, Foul Appearance, Catch GA/SP
140K - 0-2 Ogres - 5 Movement, 5 Strength, 2 Agility, 9 Armor - Loner, Bone-Head, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Throw Team-Mate - S/GAP.

Thoughts - The Goal of the team was to create something that played differently. A little wildly, but not very risky. Hypnotic Gaze doesn't always work, and might not be as good as a block, but isn't risky. On the other hand, if your hypnotic gaze play doesn't hurt, strength 2 means you will get beat. And without Stunty, you really rely on Hypnotic Gaze to get past the other players.

The two skills for the team that I thought went well together thematically, Hypnotic Gaze and Foul Appearance, make the basis of the team. I costed the Hypnotic Gaze at 30k, since its use was limited to offense and the players only had 3 agility. It's still a great skill, but balanced by the average agility, and low strength and armor, mean the player will easily get clobbered.

Because the team has no strength pieces over 2, I could use 2 big guys. I kept them loner for balance, and because I wanted to keep the feel that they were some how suckered into playing for the Psions, and not on a Ogre team. Many players feel that the Ogre is overcost, especially with Loner, which is fine for the Psions, since the player is most valuable, simple for having Strength access and having more than 2 strength.

What do you think?

Reason: ''
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Psion Team Roster - Cause everyone needs more hypnotic G

Post by legowarrior »

I guess this team has no merit. I was at least hoping on some feedback on whether HG was overpowered by having it on all the players.

Back to the drawing board.

Reason: ''